Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scharping re-signed
https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-roster-moves-max-scharping-re-signed-free-agency-2023
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, status quo at OG3. Had hoped for an upgrade. He played OK until the Chief's game.

Still, at least we have a semi-competent reserve guard on the roster now. We did not have one yesterday.
Reply/Quote
I don't have a strong take about this news. He's nothing to get excited about but the team needs backup OL and he fits the bill. He's an experienced player who will compete to earn a roster spot.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 12:16 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I don't have a strong take about this news. He's nothing to get excited about but the team needs backup OL and he fits the bill. He's an experienced player who will compete to earn a roster spot.

My only issue is how God awful he was against the Chiefs. He was a very significant part of the problem with the Oline. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 12:17 PM)TheFan Wrote: My only issue is how God awful he was against the Chiefs. He was a very significant part of the problem with the Oline. 

hopefully we find someone good enough to knock him right back off the roster.  but just in case we dont
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 12:17 PM)TheFan Wrote: My only issue is how God awful he was against the Chiefs. He was a very significant part of the problem with the Oline. 

For sure, that's why I hope he has some competition to take his backup OL spot.
Reply/Quote
I will go with the optimistic take and say he might improve as he spends more time with the team, coaches, and playbook. I realize he won't get a lot of snaps as a backup but he still might be better if we need to call upon him this year than he was last season.

Reply/Quote
Laughable. They could have literally taken a flyer on any other Guard and gotten equal or better results. Just lazy.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It's hard to find quality depth on the oline. I'm not a huge fan of this resigning, but it could have been worse.
Reply/Quote
Well, at least they didn’t regress. Lot of time left before the final 53.
Reply/Quote

Was he god awful or was the RT god awful? Lots of coordination and communication needed in the most difficult stadium to play in the the NFL.Both guys went against the best NT/DT/ in the NFL in Chris Jones. No different than a hitter going against an annual Cy Young contender and not having success. Scharping played his ass off against the Bills and I have ZERO issue having an experienced player as a rotation OL if needed.
Reply/Quote

(03-20-2023, 12:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: For sure, that's why I hope he has some competition to take his backup OL spot.

The guy that handled the RG spot several games very well prior to KC? Including the Bills. He’s a backup for a reason
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I hope he has no guaranteed money. If so, if we have a good draft, he could become a roster casualty.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 12:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The guy that handled the RG spot several games very well prior to KC? Including the Bills. He’s a backup for a reason

Yep. That's the rub. You're not going to be able to sign starters as backups. They're backups for a reason. And you can afford them for a reason.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 12:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Laughable. They could have literally taken a flyer on any other Guard and gotten equal or better results. Just lazy.

And your response would be the same no matter who it was
Reply/Quote

Who was he blocking during the KC game?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 01:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And your response would be the same no matter who it was

No it wouldn't. I'm not going to be bullied into liking every signing. I know that's a thing around here, but folks are over yall and will continue to speak their opinion. Keep trying to slam folks for not celebrating with exclamation points signings like this.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 01:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who was he blocking during the KC game?

No one. 

Reply/Quote
Chris Jones stole his lunch money. Like he's never stolen anyone's lunch money before, ever.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 01:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: No one. 

I knew some one would write that after I teed it up. But, wasn’t it Chris Jones? Or am I mistaken?
Reply/Quote