Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule Drop 5/11- When Dey think they gonna play these bengals?
Some bit of info regarding the schedule that was just tweeted out from Adam Schefter:

The most interesting I think is now you may see AFC on Fox and NFC on CBS occasionally.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 06:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Some bit of info regarding the schedule that was just tweeted out from Adam Schefter:

The most interesting I think is now you may see AFC on Fox and NFC on CBS occasionally.

There have been AFC games on Fox and NFC games on CBS at least the past four years.  

https://fox11online.com/sports/packers-and-nfl/an-explanation-of-the-guidelines-for-nfl-tv-coverage

* " In general, Fox airs NFC games, CBS airs AFC games. For non-prime-time games between teams in different conferences, the network of the visiting team gets the rights (in most cases). That's why CBS has the Oakland at Packers game. However, starting four years ago, it became easier to shift games between Fox & CBS on Sundays, regardless of conference affiliation. This "cross flex" tool may be used to even out the number of games aired on each network, or to get a high-interest game more distribution - even if it's on the 'wrong' network. This year, that tool is being used, such that Fox is airing the Denver at Green Bay game, and CBS is airing the Packers at Chargers game. "

2014 Bengals at Browns Fox TV.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Maybe we'll be one of the Christmas triple header games. Us vs KC Christmas night at 8 sounds about right? Or, maybe a Thanksgiving game, where we haven't played since 2010. Well, "played" is a strong word for what we did that night.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 01:14 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Home opener SNf is a very strong possibility

I don't think SNF Week #1 can happen as the Reds are in town Week #1

Bengals can be home for MNF Opening Week as the Reds are off that night
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 05:37 AM)BengalsFanInNOKY Wrote: I don't think SNF Week #1 can happen as the Reds are in town Week #1

It can happen. Most likely not, but still. The Ravens and Orioles both played on the same day in 2010

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 05:37 AM)BengalsFanInNOKY Wrote: I don't think SNF Week #1 can happen as the Reds are in town Week #1

Sure reds are in town. They are “averaging” 16,000/game… however that is tickets sold and if you have watched a game you know actuals are much lower. The game is slated for 1:40. Average game time is just over 2:38, so they are sone before 4:30p. Minimal infrastructure required for an audience of 16,000.

Snf doesn’t kickoff until 8:20. Will there be tailgating going on before 4:30… yes. But it’s not like EVERY single 66,000 will be down there before 4:30. I would imagine the vast majority of fans don’t show up over 3 hours before kickoff.

Scheduling conflicts here would be minimal.

In fact, Oktoberfest provides more logistical challenges the following week than a measly home baseball game by one of the worst teams in the sport who will be fighting to not have 100 losses at that point.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 08:23 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Sure reds are in town.  They are “averaging” 16,000/game… however that is tickets sold and if you have watched a game you know actuals are much lower.  The game is slated for 1:40.  Average game time is just over 2:38, so they are sone before 4:30p.  Minimal infrastructure required for an audience of 16,000.

Snf doesn’t kickoff until 8:20. Will there be tailgating going on before 4:30… yes.  But it’s not like EVERY single 66,000 will be down there before 4:30.  I would imagine the vast majority of fans don’t show up over 3 hours before kickoff.

Scheduling conflicts here would be minimal.

In fact, Oktoberfest provides more logistical challenges the following week than a measly home baseball game by one of the worst teams in the sport who will be fighting to not have 100 losses at that point.

The larger problem is staffing both stadiums.  Many of the people who cook, clean, serve, usher, take tickets, etc work both stadiums

I'm betting at least 1/2 our games are national games either prime time or at 4PM

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 06:31 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: It can happen. Most likely not, but still. The Ravens and Orioles both played on the same day in 2010

Was this a preseason game by chance?
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 07:29 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Maybe we'll be one of the Christmas triple header games.  Us vs KC Christmas night at 8 sounds about right?  Or, maybe a Thanksgiving game, where we haven't played since 2010.  Well, "played" is a strong word for what we did that night.

I agree with this. The NFL is going to make the most out of the Chief's and the Bills games. Both will be Prime Time or on a holiday IMO. I think we open with Baltimore, or at least in the Division, as usual.
Reply/Quote
Week 1 Browns Week 18 Ravens
1st TNF Bills
Reply/Quote
The international games will be announced tomorrow on Good Morning Football

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 10:58 AM)pally Wrote: The international games will be announced tomorrow on Good Morning Football

I Hope we have Zero....     
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 06:54 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: There have been AFC games on Fox and NFC games on CBS at least the past four years.  

https://fox11online.com/sports/packers-and-nfl/an-explanation-of-the-guidelines-for-nfl-tv-coverage

* " In general, Fox airs NFC games, CBS airs AFC games. For non-prime-time games between teams in different conferences, the network of the visiting team gets the rights (in most cases). That's why CBS has the Oakland at Packers game. However, starting four years ago, it became easier to shift games between Fox & CBS on Sundays, regardless of conference affiliation. This "cross flex" tool may be used to even out the number of games aired on each network, or to get a high-interest game more distribution - even if it's on the 'wrong' network. This year, that tool is being used, such that Fox is airing the Denver at Green Bay game, and CBS is airing the Packers at Chargers game. "

2014 Bengals at Browns Fox TV.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

I knew on rare occurrences it was already happening, but I thought it still was predominantly Fox had NFC and CBS had AFC.
I would assume from the way Schefter worded it, there might not be predominantly NFC on Fox nor AFC on CBS.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 10:58 AM)pally Wrote: The international games will be announced tomorrow on Good Morning Football

Apparently a number of games will be announced earlier than the 8pm Thursday unveiling of the full schedules.

The international games in Germany and London will be announced by NFL Network and ESPN on Wednesday, as will, I believe, the Black Friday game on Wednesday by Amazon, and select games by Fox on "Fox and Friends" and by CBS on "CBS mornings." 

On on Thursday, select games will be announced in the morning on NBC ("Today Show") and ABC ("Good Morning America").  And a Monday Night Football game will be announced at 4pm on Thursday by ESPN.

Then the full schedule unveiling at 8pm on Thursday.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 08:36 AM)BengalsFanInNOKY Wrote: Was this a preseason game by chance?

Nope. It was the game where Peyton Hillis went off

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 11:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I knew on rare occurrences it was already happening, but I thought it still was predominantly Fox had NFC and CBS had AFC.
I would assume from the way Schefter worded it, there might not be predominantly NFC on Fox nor AFC on CBS.

Yes, you are correct rare occurrences especially back in 2014.
I remember watching that game/rout  Tongue

The last few years a sprinkling of games of "cross-flex" between the networks.

Now it looks like there will be more than a sprinkling of "cross-flex" games between the networks.  ThumbsUp
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 01:57 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes, you are correct rare occurrences especially back in 2014.
I remember watching that game/rout  Tongue

The last few years a sprinkling of games of "cross-flex" between the networks.

Now it looks like there will be more than a sprinkling of "cross-flex" games between the networks.  ThumbsUp

It'd be great if the 1:00 and 4:00 time-slot games could be NBC and ABC/ESPN along with CBS and FOX.
How nice would it be to potentially have 4 games going on at a time?

I doubt they would do that though since it would make people less likely to purchase Sunday Ticket.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 02:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It'd be great if the 1:00 and 4:00 time-slot games could be NBC and ABC/ESPN along with CBS and FOX.
How nice would it be to potentially have 4 games going on at a time?

I doubt they would do that though since it would make people less likely to purchase Sunday Ticket.

Id perfer the games be on a predictable network so i know where to watch each week... I like CBS cause i can stream the games on paramount+
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 02:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Id perfer the games be on a predictable network so i know where to watch each week... I like CBS cause i can stream the games on paramount+

I would assume it will be set once they decide the schedule, not up in the air until the day of the game.
If all you need to know is what channel the game will be on each week, you should be able to find that out well ahead of time.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 02:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would assume it will be set once they decide the schedule, not up in the air until the day of the game.
If all you need to know is what channel the game will be on each week, you should be able to find that out well ahead of time.

yeah but i cant stream games on other networks.. i like AFC games on CBS
Reply/Quote