Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule Drop 5/11- When Dey think they gonna play these bengals?
Shame for the NFL that the Bengals will already have clinched home field advantage by then and will rest Burrow and other starters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 03:17 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Shame for the NFL that the Bengals will already have clinched home field advantage by then and will rest Burrow and other starters.

Tis' a shame, but at least they'll have the Bengals undefeated season as a storyline.  It will be nice for us seeing Siemian get some meaningful game time.
Reply/Quote
Don't know if it means much but Schefter just tweeted the Bengals will travel the least in miles for 2023
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 04:58 PM)BengalBob Wrote: Don't know if it means much but Schefter just tweeted the Bengals will travel the least in miles for 2023

It doesn't really since the home vs away opponents were already known.
It is kind of surprising I guess though since they have to go to San Fran, Phoenix, and Kansas City.

I bet when the Rams play at Paycor, McVay takes a quick trip back to Oxford to visit Miami University.
He was just there this past weekend getting a statue unveiled and being inducted into Miami's Cradle of Coaches.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 10:48 AM)Synric Wrote: I can definitely see the Bengals at Jags game being in London. Bengals haven't been to London since 2019 and it would be a matchup against AFC Division Champs.

(05-07-2023, 11:02 AM)samhain Wrote: That would be kind of a garbage move by the league to screw a fanbase out of a potential home game vs another conference division winner.  

(05-07-2023, 02:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, they've only got themselves to blame. Jags originally made the deal to play in London because they had trouble selling tickets. 

As Bfine said the Jags signed off on one of their home game every year in London and I expected it to be the Bengals vs Jaguars to generate interest... The Bills weren't on my radar because it was a Bills home game...

The League pulled a real D*** move and took the home game from the Bills. 

Edit: Its Oct. 8th too which is a warm game for Bills home fans.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 05:25 PM)Synric Wrote: As Bfine said the Jags signed off on one of their home game every year in London and I expected it to be the Bengals vs Jaguars to generate interest... The Bills weren't on my radar because it was a Bills home game...

Bills had one more home game last year than the Bengals had (which also made it one less away game than the Bengals played). Which likely resulted in the Bengals playing an away game at Buffalo in the playoffs. So, the league gifted Buffalo a home playoff game last year and they lost a home regular-season game this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 05:25 PM)Synric Wrote: As Bfine said the Jags signed off on one of their home game every year in London and I expected it to be the Bengals vs Jaguars to generate interest... The Bills weren't on my radar because it was a Bills home game...

Every team involved in Coinflip Gate got sent to Europe.  The Chiefs and Bills lost home games and the Falcons and Rats got sent over as road teams.  Might be Goodell trying to balance the scales a bit, although KC naturally gets most of their tough matchups at home.
Reply/Quote
A Bengals game on the road and on NYE at 4:25? Cue up some more Dalton-to-Boyd-type heroics ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Worse for the Bills: Jags play in England the week prior; they'll just stay there all week and have their internal clocks set. Buffalo will not
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 07:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: A Bengals game on the road and on NYE at 4:25?  Cue up some more Dalton-to-Boyd-type heroics  ThumbsUp

looks like the party starts early this year lol
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 02:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: SO I've seen 8PM and 4:30PM for NYE. (which is my anniversary so I have to do some finagling with the spousal unit on that one) WOnder which is the correct time.

You definitely weren’t thinking ahead on that one, kid. A lifetime of finagling… J/k
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Raiders-Chiefs is on Christmas day so the Chiefs will be coming into our NYE game on a short week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 09:10 AM)pally Wrote: Raiders-Chiefs is on Christmas day so the Chiefs will be coming into our NYE game on a short week

Works for me  ThumbsUp
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Bills at Jets are opening Monday Night Football on Sep 11 so no Monday night opener for the Bengals.

That means we are 100% opening on the road. Division opponent? or would you prefer to get one of those west coast games out of the way early. How about a 4:25 game against San Francisco

The only thing I really hope is that all 3 of our division road games are NOT in primetime this year. Give us home games for Prime time

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 09:40 AM)pally Wrote: Bills at Jets are opening Monday Night Football on Sep 11 so no Monday night opener for the Bengals.

That means we are 100% opening on the road. Division opponent? or would you prefer to get one of those west coast games out of the way early. How about a 4:25 game against San Francisco

The only thing I really hope is that all 3 of our division road games are NOT in primetime this year. Give us home games for Prime time

They have done two MNF games in week 1 so we could play a late MNF game against a west coast team, though I think typically they’ve done two west coasts teams for their late MNF game,
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 09:56 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: They have done two MNF games in week 1 so we could play a late MNF game against a west coast team, though I think typically they’ve done two west coasts teams for their late MNF game,

They listed the MNF as a 8:15 game.  When they've had double headers, the east coast game started at 7PM

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2023, 09:29 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Although I’d prefer to get the bills and chiefs early, I doubt the nfl isn’t going to try and capitalize on a huge match, like last year, towards the end of the season.

I’m also going to predict time slot potential.

Id put a lot of money that bills, chiefs are prime time.  That means that there are 3 remaining slots for the bengals (5 total prime time).  There are up to 10 more games where I could see the schedule makers be interested in a prime time spot: our six divisional games, Seattle, Vikings, jags and 9ers. I think the bengals play overseas this year and my hunch would lean towards the jags.  This would semi give the league another prime time game without utilizing the prime time slot.  

2023 Season
HOME
Baltimore Ravens (1 or prime time)
Cleveland Browns (1 or prime time)
Pittsburgh Steelers (1 or prime time)
Houston Texans (1)
Indianapolis Colts (1)
Los Angeles Rams (1)
Seattle Seahawks (1, 4 or prime time)
Minnesota Vikings (1, 4 or prime time)
Buffalo Bills  (prime time)

AWAY
Baltimore Ravens (1 or prime time)
Cleveland Browns (1 or prime time)
Pittsburgh Steelers (1 or prime time)
Arizona Cardinals (4)
Jacksonville Jaguars (1 or prime time) (England?).
San Francisco 49ers (4 or prime time)
Tennessee Titans (1 or 4) (England?)
Kansas City Chiefs (prime time)

None of this matters much, but figured we are a 4 days away, what you think!

My guess is they will open on the road against a division foe, like the Ravens.

I hope the SF and AZ games are next to each other as they could do one of those "stay for the week" trips and avoid the travel.  

I will also guess that they won't put Buffalo at the end of the season again due to the Chiefs game already announced New Year's Eve. 

My guess is they will have the Buffalo game closer to the beginning of the season than the end.  Maybe week 5 or 6.  

I will guess the Tennessee game comes mid-year, right before the bye week.  
Reply/Quote
It cracked me up yesterday listening to the announcers on Sirius, and some of the callers, going on and on about what respect the Lions are getting, being scheduled to play the Chefs in the opening game. Yes, the Lions finished last season strong, but let's be honest. The league scheduled the Lions as the Chef's first opponent so the Lions will play without several players who are on 6 game or indefinite suspensions for gambling. That give the Chefs an almost guaranteed win and gives Patty an easy head start against the rest of the AFC.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 12:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It cracked me up yesterday listening to the announcers on Sirius, and some of the callers, going on and on about what respect the Lions are getting, being scheduled to play the Chefs in the opening game. Yes, the Lions finished last season strong, but let's be honest. The league scheduled the Lions as the Chef's first opponent so the Lions will play without several players who are on 6 game or indefinite suspensions for gambling. That give the Chefs an almost guaranteed win and gives Patty an easy head start against the rest of the AFC.

Didn't know about that, damn.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 12:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It cracked me up yesterday listening to the announcers on Sirius, and some of the callers, going on and on about what respect the Lions are getting, being scheduled to play the Chefs in the opening game. Yes, the Lions finished last season strong, but let's be honest. The league scheduled the Lions as the Chef's first opponent so the Lions will play without several players who are on 6 game or indefinite suspensions for gambling. That give the Chefs an almost guaranteed win and gives Patty an easy head start against the rest of the AFC.

Jameson Williams is the only player on the roster that was suspended.

The other 3 have already been cut.
Reply/Quote