Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schedule discussion; Bengals open vs Vikings
(05-12-2021, 12:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, I would laugh at a statement like that from a fan of pretty much every team, save maybe the Chiefs.

I've watched too much football in my life to ever say "We will roll them. No doubt in my mind".  There's way too much confidence and arrogance behind that statement, especially when you're a fan of this team.

And not for nothing, the Vikings fan would have a much easier time defending that statement.  They had the 4th ranked offense last season and are going against a Lou Anarumo defense.  The Bengals had the 28th ranked offense last season are going against a Mike Zimmer lead defense.   One offense has already proven to be capable of putting up yards, the other has not.  One defense has a HC running the show that has been historically a very good defensively minded coach.  The other has a DC that has shown nothing other than being among the worst in the game today.

I hear ya, but I am not going to use the rankings for the team's offense for the entire year when Burrow was only there for a little more than half of it.  And I didn't remember the defense being a part of this discussion...I thought he said that in relation to our offense, but his biggest worry was the defense.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 01:17 PM)Tony Wrote: BS.. I say they throw it 50 times and win handily.. This isn't 1999 anymore.. We are built to throw the ball all over if you haven't noticed that...

I respect you views but in my opinion Burrow wont last until game 8 if we are throwing the ball 50 times a game. 
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 05:59 PM)pally Wrote: what we know so far

week 1   Sep 12                     Minnesota
week 2   Sep 19                     @Chicago
week 3   Sep 26                     @Pittsburgh
week 4   Sep 30 (thurs)           Jacksonville
week 5   Oct 10                      Green Bay
week 6   Oct 17                      @Detroit
week 7   Oct 24                       @Baltimore
week 8   Oct 31                      @ New York Jets
week 9   Nov 7                        Browns
week 10 Nov 14                      @Las Vegas
week 11 Nov 21                       bye
week 12 Nov 28                       Pittsburgh
week 13 Dec 5                        Chargers
week 14 Dec 12                      San Francisco
week 15 Dec 19                      @Denver
week 16 Dec 26                      Baltimore
week 17 Jan 2                        Kansas City
week 18 Jan 9                        @Cleveland

If this is true the first half of season is the easier half despite the travel. 5 of the last 7 games are at home but those last 3 weeks are brutal.  Bye comes in a good place for a 17 game schedule

My quick take on the schedule:  I am very happy the toughest matches (as of today) are toward the end of the season as you don't know at all what those teams will look like by then.  Remember how the #2 in the power rankings steelers limped to the finish line and got pummeled by the Browns in the playoffs?  

The bye is at a great spot. 

I am more than a little disappointed in the lack of primetime games (just 1?  Really?) but if the Bengals are remotely in the hunt, I could see the Chargers game flexed in to primetime.  I guess the league really thinks the 49ers last year was an aberration as they are in 4 prime time games.  
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 09:18 PM)Trademark Wrote: Schedule looks easy. 13-4

I wish the same but think your post  could be  sarcasm.

Regretfully, I think we will be closer to 4-13 than 13-4.  We will have another top 5 draft pick in 2022 as predicted by most pundits. 

This is still not a good team being coached by unproven coaches other than Pollack and Simmons. 

I'll end by saying I hope I am wrong and that your prediction is right. 
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 06:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll be interested in travelling to that Vegas game. Make a long weekend of it.

That will be a perfect time to go...College football will be in full swing, and it won't be absurdly hot.  
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 08:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was thinking the same thing. Never been to Vegas...

While I would love to see the Death Star...I believe tickets are crazy expensive.  I might go out just to have a weekend of fun with Bengals fans, but watch the game from a sports book.  
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 09:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thanks. I try to take in an away game once a year, but life and covid has stopped that since 2018 at Carolina. Already looking at Vegas packages for that weekend. Looks like air fare from Louisville and a hotel on the strip can be had for about $1400 for 2. Now to look for tickets. 

I know Detroit isn't the most exciting city, especially compared to Denver or Vegas, but I went there in 2005 to watch the Bengals lock up the AFC North and that is a great stadium with a great atmosphere.  Might try and take the old man there for a road trip.  
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 03:58 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: If were in playoff contention going into the week 15 game @Denver I'm gonna be constantly be thinking about the entire game would be the Brad St Louis bad snap missed xp and the AJ McCarron not ready for the snap fumble in OT.

How about the Shayne Graham missed EXTRA POINT on Christmas that cost the Bengals a playoff game against Denver.  I swear I was going to throw a brick through the TV
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:33 AM)grampahol Wrote: C'mon..biggest homers ever? Like YouTube videos titled the funniest joke EVER that is about as funny as individual sheet toilet paper from the 60s when you have the shits?  C'mon.. Our jokes are at least funnier.. 

Homer, at least how I'm using it, just means someone who is extremely biased towards their hometown (or favorite) team.  I'm not sure if people use it other ways, or like Homer Simpson.  But I'm taking about "sports homers".
Reply/Quote
preseason games are @Tampa, @Washington, Miami dates and times TBA. When was the last time the final preseason game wasn't against Indianapolis? It is kind of an end to an era

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
there are some weird schedules around the league this year....

Browns vs RAvens back to back (with bye in the middle) Washington ends with 5 straight divisional games. Eagles with 4

Schedule guys struggled this season lol
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 11:10 AM)pally Wrote: preseason games are @Tampa, @Washington, Miami dates and times TBA.  When was the last time the final preseason game wasn't against Indianapolis?  It is kind of an end to an era

Indy was always game 4  game 4 no longer exist.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: How about the Shayne Graham missed EXTRA POINT on Christmas that cost the Bengals a playoff game against Denver.  I swear I was going to throw a brick through the TV

you talking about when the long snapper sailed the ball over his head? (correction went wide of the holder)

https://www.denverpost.com/2006/12/24/broncos-escape-when-bengals-misplay-extra-point/
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: How about the Shayne Graham missed EXTRA POINT on Christmas that cost the Bengals a playoff game against Denver.  I swear I was going to throw a brick through the TV

(05-13-2021, 12:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: you talking about when the long snapper sailed the ball over his head? (correction went wide of the holder)

https://www.denverpost.com/2006/12/24/broncos-escape-when-bengals-misplay-extra-point/

Christmas Eve and yes, it was the first B. St. Louis mess-up.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Christmas Eve and yes, it was the first B. St. Louis mess-up.

Yes it was the Day we all learned his name lol which is bad for a long snapper.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 09:55 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Ahhh, my memory of the 1990s Bengals tells me we can't always go up.

1990: 9-7 (Lost divisional playoffs)
1991: 3-13
1992: 5-11 (+2 wins isn't going up to me)
1993: 3-13
1994: 3-13

'91 to '94 was four seasons of pain. Zac is only entering his third year. We could easily be in store of 2 more years of misery under the leadership of Zac. I'm forcing myself though to remain optimistic since we have Burrow, I like the recent draft picks, and free agents have been signed.

Eh, make or break year for Zac, Playoffs or bust. Predicting the light comes on and we make the Playoffs and win a game.

Burrow and the players we brought in give me hope along with Taylor being young.

Predicting the Offense plays good enough early to win a lot of close games but the D sucks under Lou and we fire him and 
hire Louie Cioffi to call the Defense. Think Cioffi is our insurance in case Lou sucks, very good Defensive mind.
Reply/Quote

With less than a minute left.  After an epic 12 play 90 td drive.  That was a true gut shot.

Then the very next week.  Missed chip shot 39 yd game winning FG with 10 seconds left against the ****** Steelers.  After going 50 yards in just 50 seconds.

Nothing will ever match the meltdown in the '15 playoffs, but those two back-to-back losses are very symbolic of my Bengal experience over the last 30+ years.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 08:30 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Opening at home, 2 years in a row... who would have thought?

Ol Rog knows we suck, so.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 11:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Indy was always game 4  game 4 no longer exist.

gonna be strange but whatever lol
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 12:41 AM)Trademark Wrote: gonna be strange but whatever lol

Strange Days. Play the Doors. Mellow
Reply/Quote