Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sciency folks are funny
I've said it before, but it is nice to have more proof.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13865294/astrophysicist-says-bengals-game-winning-fg-aided-earth-rotation

Follow
[Image: NeilTysonOriginsA-Crop_bigger.jpg]Neil deGrasse TysonVerified account@neiltyson

Today's @Bengals winning OT field goal was likely enabled by a 1/3-in deflection to the right, caused by Earth’s Rotation.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Yeah, Tyson is a funny guy. Pretty smart, too. But I'm sure he's nothing compared to your "educated and knowledgeable" glory. He probably can't even sing all the books of the Bible as well as you.
(10-11-2015, 09:27 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Yeah, Tyson is a funny guy. Pretty smart, too. But I'm sure he's nothing compared to your "educated and knowledgeable" glory. He probably can't even sing all the books of the Bible as well as you.

enough about me

(10-11-2015, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: enough about me

Agreed
(10-11-2015, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: enough about me

Tyson is well known for mixing some humor in with his intelligence.

Either way, it's good to see the universe is working with the Bengals.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-11-2015, 11:53 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Tyson is well known for mixing some humor in with his intelligence.  

Either way, it's good to see the universe is working with the Bengals.

Yes, I often find him quite humorous, If it walks like a duck...

(10-11-2015, 11:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, I often find him quite humorous, If it walks like a duck...

Yes, we've heard that saying before. Care to share why you're saying it or not?
(10-12-2015, 12:50 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Yes, we've heard that saying before. Care to share why you're saying it or not?

Because a sciency guy said the Bengal FG was good because of the earth's rotation,

Do you find that assertion silly or logical?

(10-12-2015, 12:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Because a sciency guy said the Bengal FG was good because of the earth's rotation,

Do you find that assertion silly or logical?

Silly of course. Everybody knows the only forces at work during a football game is that of the players and the Lord Jesus Christ.
(10-12-2015, 12:55 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Silly of course.

Glad we agree.

(10-12-2015, 12:55 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Silly of course. Everybody knows the only forces at work during a football game is that of the players and the Lord Jesus Christ.

....and the officiating crew
(10-12-2015, 12:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Glad we agree.

We don't, but if you want to pull a michaelsean and not recognize sarcasm it's cool. I don't expect any better of you.
(10-12-2015, 01:03 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: We don't, but if you want to pull a michaelsean and not recognize sarcasm it's cool. I don't expect any better of you.

enough about me

Cry
(10-12-2015, 01:03 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: We don't, but if you want to pull a michaelsean and not recognize sarcasm it's cool. I don't expect any better of you.

Your sarcasm is old and tired, you loathe Christianity and JC.  We get it. Give it a rest.
(10-12-2015, 02:23 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Your sarcasm is old and tired, you loathe Christianity and JC.  We get it.  Give it a rest.

Hmmm. Well, we have a guy saying it was "silly" of a physicist to explain some of the physics behind a game-winning FG.

Do you think he said that because he loathes smart people and science?

(My personal hunch is the answer's "yes".)
(10-12-2015, 05:23 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Hmmm. Well, we have a guy saying it was "silly" of a physicist to explain some of the physics behind a game-winning FG.

Do you think he said that because he loathes smart people and science?

(My personal hunch is the answer's "yes".)

Yeah right, he "loathes" science.

Did some bible thumping Christian cure the best gay lover you ever had?  Is that why all the contempt for Christianity?
knock on wood Tongue
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
(10-11-2015, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've said it before, but it is nice to have more proof.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13865294/astrophysicist-says-bengals-game-winning-fg-aided-earth-rotation

Follow
[Image: NeilTysonOriginsA-Crop_bigger.jpg]Neil deGrasse TysonVerified account@neiltyson

Today's @Bengals winning OT field goal was likely enabled by a 1/3-in deflection to the right, caused by Earth’s Rotation.

Not surprising to see Mr. Educated and Knowledgeable ridicule someone when he doesn't understand what the other person is discussing due to his own lack of education and knowledge of the subject matter.  Look guy, even dumb grunts who have been to sniper school know about the Coriolus  Effect because they are taught how to account for it to determine a firing solution.

http://thearmsguide.com/5329/external-ballistics-the-coriolis-effect-6-theory-section/

Quote:Here's an example of error due to Coriolis effect:  firing the same .308 175gr bullet at 2700fps muzzle velocity, from a latitude of 45 in the Northern Hemisphere, the deflection at 1000yds will be of 3 in to right.  At the North Pole, where the effect is maximum, the deflection will be a little more than four inches.  The deflection will be the same in the Southern Hemisphere, but it will be to the left, instead.

In other words, if all things are equal the strike of the round will change by more than 8 inches horizontally (left to right or right to left) based upon nothing more than your position on the Earth's surface due to the Coriolis Effect in the example above.