Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting Combine Boom/Bust
We do this every year and we have from now until Thursday to give you nominees.

List who you think will boom (rise up the charts) and who do you think will bust (fall). No more than 2 per category please.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Boom? Two guys that run faster than we thought they could.

Bust? Two guys who fail a drug test/fail an interview.

On another note: I would like to see the 40 ran in groups of 3-4 at a time. Seems like head to head competition brings out the best in athletes. Would also give people spectating an idea of just how much of a difference two tenths of a second makes.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On another note:  I would like to see the 40 ran in groups of 3-4 at a time.  Seems like head to head competition brings out the best in athletes.  Would also give people spectating an idea of just how much of a difference two tenths of a second makes.

Hell, they have a hard enough time getting them to start clean one at a time.

As for my first bust candidate:

DERWIN JAMES. It is expected that he will be a physical specimen and the only thing he can do is disappoint. I also think he will have problems with the interviews. They had him on Sirius the other date and you could tell he'd been going through interview training, but PK was quick to get him out of the scripted answers. 

Reply/Quote
Two Booms
Tavern Bryan Florida DT/DE- He will earn a top 10 pick
Kentavius Street NC State DT- will move up to a top 100 pick from a 6th 7th Rd selection
Two Bust
Baker Mayfield Oklahoma QB- Move from top 10 to late first early second
Joshua Jackson Iowa CB - He will move from top 20 to second RD.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Boom?  Two guys that run faster than we thought they could.

Bust?  Two guys who fail a drug test/fail an interview.

On another note:  I would like to see the 40 ran in groups of 3-4 at a time.  Seems like head to head competition brings out the best in athletes.  Would also give people spectating an idea of just how much of a difference two tenths of a second makes.

40's in small groups would be awesome tv.  I would be glued.  I've always thought the most under marketed professional sport is track and field.  I love watching the sprint races.  If meets were on prime time on a major network and hyped up I think people would watch.  
Reply/Quote
Bust .... Orlando Brown when he Ande's it and runs 40 with shirt off.

Boom.... Jaire Alexander who is ranked too low and hope Bengals steal in 2nd or 3rd if he does not.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Vita Vea...for the top tackle in the draft he spends alot of time on the ground.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Can a guard boom? I'm going to say Will Hernandez
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 09:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, they have a hard enough time getting them to start clean one at a time.

As for my first bust candidate:

DERWIN JAMES. It is expected that he will be a physical specimen and the only thing he can do is disappoint. I also think he will have problems with the interviews. They had him on Sirius the other date and you could tell he'd been going through interview training, but PK was quick to get him out of the scripted answers. 

Agree about James. I think Vea and Edmunds will be in that category too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 12:11 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Can a guard boom?  I'm going to say Will Hernandez

I see your Hernandez and raise you Isaiah Wynn.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'll stick with only 1 for the moment at the position we're most concerned with:

Boom: Kolton Miller

Right now Miller is a fringe first round prospect, I wouldn't be surprised to see him rise to the conversation of the top 15 if he shows his athleticism and capability to play LT at the combine.

Bust: Orlando Brown

I don't think he busts to the point of dropping out of the first round (although he may drop to the 2nd), but I think once people see his physical limitations, he'll stop showing up in the top 15 selections.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 01:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'll stick with only 1 for the moment at the position we're most concerned with:

Boom: Kolton Miller

Right now Miller is a fringe first round prospect, I wouldn't be surprised to see him rise to the conversation of the top 15 if he shows his athleticism and capability to play LT at the combine.

Bust: Orlando Brown

I don't think he busts to the point of dropping out of the first round (although he may drop to the 2nd), but I think once people see his physical limitations, he'll stop showing up in the top 15 selections.

I like Kolton Miller a lot. He has kind of gotten lost in the shuffle recently. 
Reply/Quote
McGlinchey has a chance to rise up the board I think.
Everyone has pretty much written him off as being the safe-but-limited OT. I think if he can especially show improved strength at the Combine, he could jump into discussion of early teens in terms of selection.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 12:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I see your Hernandez and raise you Isaiah Wynn.

The more I watch Wynn the more I want him. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
So many people are on Kolton Millers nads but not sure he is early 1st round worthy.

Think he has prototypical size and is talented yet still a gamble for us early.

Like him if he slips a round or so.

But agree with most that he will Boom at combine with his measurable's yet think it will be a false representation of his true talents.

That being said he could very well blossom into a great one down the road and certainly I have been wrong before.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 12:11 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Can a guard boom?  I'm going to say Hernandez, Will.

Fixed it for you.
Reply/Quote
Not mentioned, Lamar Jackson is likely to boom
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 02:50 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Not mentioned, Lamar Jackson is likely to boom

Doubtful everyone already knows he is going to blow it up at the Combine.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
My first Boom:

DYLAN CANTRELL/ WR/ TTU

Kid should measure in about 6'3" 215 pounds. Talk is of 4.4 speed and 40" vert. Dude has hands similar to OBJ, size similar to Jordy Nelson, and Christian McCaffery athleticism.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 04:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My first Boom:

DYLAN CANTRELL/ WR/ TTU

Kid should measure in about 6'3" 215 pounds. Talk is of 4.4 speed and 40" vert. Dude has hands similar to OBJ, size similar to Jordy Nelson, and Christian McCaffery athleticism.

This guy is the Qb turned receiver right?
Reply/Quote