Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting Report Leonard Fournette
(02-21-2017, 01:15 PM)Okeana Wrote: not even worth posting last years stats because LF 

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/leonard-fournette-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/dalvin-cook-1.html

Last year wasn't even comparable because of games played and lack of quarterback at LSU.  

As far as over the shoulder catches.   Here is an example at 19:57

Nice.....looking better than my memory allows! LOL  Thanks for the info.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 01:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think LF will be gone by 9th pick.  If the team trades down a couple slots like I said in another thread then Cook would be there at 12. Foster may be there as well because of injury concerns.  LF goes to the Jets.

Think you're gonna be right on this. (I hate autocorrect!!!!!)* I'm speaking of rep note that I left you...Haha...Damn it!
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 04:19 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: As I have already mentioned I think either back helps this offense. There isn't a healthy back on the Bengals roster that is as capable as Cook or LF. I think Okeana's breakdown is pretty close, in fact I read a similar one from a supposed professional.

That said, while I agree to an extent, I disagree with part of it as well. 

I think many are underestimating Fournette's capability to catch the football. Cook has shown better hands without a doubt but, Cook played in an offense that throws to the backs and they featured him. Leonard played in a cesspool of coaching uncertainty.

All of that mentioned, the reason that I quoted you Nate wasn't to debate. It was because I got tickled at you saying the Bengals need a back that can catch. I agree, but they also need an OC that understands how to get the RBs the ball in space and we don't have that in Cincy!! 

You're thinking about Josh McDaniels and the team that just won the SB. Cincy tries to throw to the backs but do a poor job of it imo. 

Not to rain on the speculation parade but I just don't think Merv will draft either back, unfortunately.

Cannot disagree with any of this Coach, nice post.

If we did pick Fournette i would definately not be mad like i might of been a month or so ago, he is warming up to me for sure.

But like you said, Marv pry won't draft either RB anyway.

(02-21-2017, 11:07 AM)Okeana Wrote: This is super strange, but do you even look at receiving stats on these players ?  Cook and Fournette have very similar receiving stats.  

2015 receiving stats LF

rec 19 / yards 253 / AVG 13.3 / LONG 46 / TD's 1

2015 receiving stats DC

rec 24 / yards 244 / AVG 10.2 / LONG 36 / TD 1

These guys both have natural ability catching the ball so i don't see this as a dividing point.  I think both are top 15 talent dynamic running backs which is really great considering 4 to 5 years ago most running backs weren't valued at all.

Whoa, blew my mind. Thanks for this Okeana. Eye opening. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cannot disagree with any of this Coach, nice post.

If we did pick Fournette i would definately not be mad like i might of been a month or so ago, he is warming up to me for sure.

But like you said, Marv pry won't draft either RB anyway.

Whoa, blew my mind. Thanks for this Okeana. Eye opening. Shocked

It was eye opening, but then, so are Dalvin Cook's 2016 numbers.....

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 04:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: It was eye opening, but then, so are Dalvin Cook's 2016 numbers.....

Yeah, i still like Dalvin Cook better for us but damn, these guys made me warm up to Fournette.

I didn't want the guy before this, now i am not against it.

Still with you though Wyche. Dalvin is amazing, if we draft a RB in the first it should be him.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i still like Dalvin Cook better for us but damn, these guys made me warm up to Fournette.

I didn't want the guy before this, now i am not against it.

Still with you though Wyche. Dalvin is amazing, if we draft a RB in the first it should be him.

Those 2015 numbers are pretty close, but FSU was more balanced as a team with Mario Pender splitting time in the backfield.  The 2016 FSU offense WAS #4....over 2200 yds from the L.O.S. I like Fournette more than I did, and would love him here, if we could run block with the top half of the league.

Reply/Quote
I don't think I would complain either way with these guys.

I think Fournette is going to turn some heads at the combine. He has legit long speed, and I think he will show it during the workouts. He is a guy that will always fall forward for the extra yard or two upon contact. I would love to see him here.

Cook is the definition of a true home run hitter. I don't think he's going to be as consistent between the tackles in the NFL as Fournette, but he very easily could average 6 yards a carry with all of his long ball carries.

That being said, a team is really going to have some problems on defense if they try to go with 7 in the box with either one of these guys. If they go 8 in the box they are going to have some real problems with AJ and Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 05:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't think I would complain either way with these guys.

I think Fournette is going to turn some heads at the combine.  He has legit long speed, and I think he will show it during the workouts.  He is a guy that will always fall forward for the extra yard or two upon contact.  I would love to see him here.

Cook is the definition of a true home run hitter.  I don't think he's going to be as consistent between the tackles in the NFL as Fournette, but he very easily could average 6 yards a carry with all of his long ball carries.

That being said, a team is really going to have some problems on defense if they try to go with 7 in the box with either one of these guys.  If they go 8 in the box they are going to have some real problems with AJ and Eifert.

That is a good description Hammer.  It bothers me that Cook has baggage but Wyche knows Nole's football and unless Wyche is an enabler, he seems to feel Cook is a good guy.

What I like about LF is his top speed.  Hill stutters and stops.  LF can fall forward and hurt two defensive players.  I like how he hits players.  There is something about the way Cook runs that reminds me of Gayle Sayers.  I think it is his leaning.   He with a healthy GIO could be scary especially if the Bengals get JuJu at WR. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 08:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: That is a good description Hammer.  It bothers me that Cook has baggage but Wyche knows Nole's football and unless Wyche is an enabler, he seems to feel Cook is a good guy.

What I like about LF is his top speed.  Hill stutters and stops.  LF can fall forward and hurt two defensive players.  I like how he hits players.  There is something about the way Cook runs that reminds me of Gayle Sayers.  I think it is his leaning.   He with a healthy GIO could be scary especially if the Bengals get JuJu at WR. 

I agree with both of you, good points.  Also, I'm not an enabler doc, I wanted Winston gone, and I wanted Johnson gone....and he was a big prospect for the Noles.  His dismissal lead to a season of Gholson and McGuire splitting time at QB, and now Deondre Francios under center.  At first I was down on Cook, until the facts of the case and witnesses came out.  Then he decided to play his bowl game when others did not....I was sold on him.  The BB gun deal was a "jock moment", if you will.  Hell, I was doing dumb shit like that when I was a kid too.

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 05:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Those 2015 numbers are pretty close, but FSU was more balanced as a team with Mario Pender splitting time in the backfield.  The 2016 FSU offense WAS #4....over 2200 yds from the L.O.S.  I like Fournette more than I did, and would love him here, if we could run block with the top half of the league.

We definately need to get better at run blocking but that is what is nice about these backs.

Neither one had a good O-line in college so no big deal lmao

(02-22-2017, 05:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't think I would complain either way with these guys.

I think Fournette is going to turn some heads at the combine.  He has legit long speed, and I think he will show it during the workouts.  He is a guy that will always fall forward for the extra yard or two upon contact.  I would love to see him here.

Cook is the definition of a true home run hitter.  I don't think he's going to be as consistent between the tackles in the NFL as Fournette, but he very easily could average 6 yards a carry with all of his long ball carries.

That being said, a team is really going to have some problems on defense if they try to go with 7 in the box with either one of these guys.  If they go 8 in the box they are going to have some real problems with AJ and Eifert.

(02-22-2017, 08:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: That is a good description Hammer.  It bothers me that Cook has baggage but Wyche knows Nole's football and unless Wyche is an enabler, he seems to feel Cook is a good guy.

It is a good description. One thing i must say is that Cook has that great balance you want in a RB. Sayersesque i must say.

Fournette sometimes leans too far forward at times and causes himself to fall down when he could of gotten a couple more yards.

(02-23-2017, 04:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree with both of you, good points.  Also, I'm not an enabler doc, I wanted Winston gone, and I wanted Johnson gone....and he was a big prospect for the Noles.  His dismissal lead to a season of Gholson and McGuire splitting time at QB, and now Deondre Francios under center.  At first I was down on Cook, until the facts of the case and witnesses came out.  Then he decided to play his bowl game when others did not....I was sold on him.  The BB gun deal was a "jock moment", if you will.  Hell, I was doing dumb shit like that when I was a kid too.

It was dumb by Cook but nothing like the Joe Mixon thing.
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-NpUtaSO_I

Voch Lombardi evaluation.
Reply/Quote
I'm just gonna leave this right here.......

http://www.seminoles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32900&ATCLID=211495290

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:41 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Think you're gonna be right on this. (I hate autocorrect!!!!!)* I'm speaking of rep note that I left you...Haha...Damn it!

Coach
I cannot read any of your comments because I am memorized by your avatar.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2017, 05:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who made up that AWFULLY good o-line this year?

If Fournette is there at our pick and we don't nab him; we're over-thinking it. WTS, barring a combine catastrophe he'll be gone. Jets or Panthers seem like the logical landing spots.  

This is something we should all step back and consider when considering the pick.  Yes the team needs to fix the OL, yes we should consider scheme and their plan for Fournette but don't talk yourself out of a star player that can make a huge impact on your team.  The Bengals should be in position to make this kind of pick, he likely won't be there but I don't see enough of a case to pass on him talent wise.  If the staff is doing their homework on him, the biggest concern to me may be his playing style.  He will be lowering his shoulder vs machines he hasn't encountered yet.  I wouldn't let that or concussions make me over-think him,, but its something to consider.  I don't give a crap about how the FO has handled things, my plan would be to have a competent OL (Zeitler and a FA tackle) coming into the draft and be in position to take the BPA which would be Fournette if he is somehow still there.  Even with a B- overall line, I don't know how you properly defend Green, Eifert and Fournette in the same offense.  Keep Andy off his back and you will put up mad points. 
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 06:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Coach
I cannot read any of your comments because I am memorized by your avatar.  

Just a picture of Bodine snapping the football.. Hilarious Just kidding Russell. Plz don't keel me! Ninja

She may be the greatest center of all time!!  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 04:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm just gonna leave this right here.......

http://www.seminoles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32900&ATCLID=211495290

Classy letter by Dalvin! He's should be a good one at the pro level.
Reply/Quote
A glimmer of hope today from NFL Network. Seems Fournette is definitely in play at #9. They are not happy with Hill.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 06:45 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: A glimmer of hope today from NFL Network. Seems Fournette is definitely in play at #9. They are not happy with Hill.

It will be a mistake....only because of our horrendous line.

Reply/Quote