Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the 2018 NFL Combine
(03-04-2018, 03:10 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I'm on Sutton. But we aren't going wr round 1. Possibly round 2. We just have so many needs idk what direction we go. And due respect,  idrc what u think bc I have a 85 percent hit rate since 2011 and been scouting since I was 13, not to mention went to scouting school multiple times. What have u done exactly?

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Just discovered the NFL Network YouTube channel this morning. It has a ton of the combine footage of drills and interviews that have already taken place and it's also live streaming the combine.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 12:22 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I could have swore just a month or two ago cortland Sutton had you highest grade on a wr since aj/ Julio draft.

You really should stop posting in this, or any other forum, on this site. You make yourself look like a laughing stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(03-04-2018, 03:10 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I'm on Sutton. But we aren't going wr round 1. Possibly round 2. We just have so many needs idk what direction we go. And due respect,  idrc what u think bc I have a 85 percent hit rate since 2011 and been scouting since I was 13, not to mention went to scouting school multiple times. What have u done exactly?

(03-04-2018, 11:27 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Prove your 85% hit rate.  What are your metrics?  Define your hits and misses.  If you have a 85% hit rate than you're a bigger fool than I thought because you should be making millions as the best gm/talent evaluator in football.

And while I haven't gone to the acme school of scouting multiple times or "scouted since I was 13" I have watched you make bombastic, over the top comments about players only to watch you flip flop with even more bombastic, over the top comments about another player at the same position

(03-04-2018, 01:54 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hilarious

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone know how Allen Lazard did at the combine this week?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
My boy Street got hurt hopefully not too bad but maybe that was the reason why he ran so slow at 4.88 in stead of the 4.6 many we're expecting.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 05:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Especially with NYG and IND at 2 and 3. They both could use an elite RB. Gotta take Barkley at 1 if you like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think so as well especially with their track record at taking QB's. 

Still have the 4th pick as well to grab one with and do not see Indy taking a QB for sure. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 01:57 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Just discovered the NFL Network YouTube channel this morning. It has a ton of the combine footage of drills and interviews that have already taken place and it's also live streaming the combine.

Will have to check it out on lunch break

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:13 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Anyone know how Allen Lazard did at the combine this week?

Here are his results.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/allen-lazard?id=32462018-0002-5598-54b7-82a438b6b248

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:24 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think so as well especially with their track record at taking QB's. 

Still have the 4th pick as well to grab one with and do not see Indy taking a QB for sure. 

The Giants may take one.  But it's not a guarantee.  At most, one QB is off the board at 4.  There isn't  a ton of difference between the QB's.   Someone they like will be there. 

If they don't take Barkley first, one of the two in between will.  He is a special player, the perfect RB for a pass crazy league.  I pray to God the Browns go a different way because if they end up with Barkley and a QB, they are suddenly very relevant.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:31 PM)McC Wrote: The Giants may take one.  But it's not a guarantee.  At most, one QB is off the board at 4.  There isn't  a ton of difference between the QB's.   Someone they like will be there. 

If they don't take Barkley first, one of the two in between will.  He is a special player, the perfect RB for a pass crazy league.  I pray to God the Browns go a different way because if they end up with Barkley and a QB, they are suddenly very relevant.

You make a good point and your probably right. However, I think the Browns have in Hue what the Bengals have in Marvin. He will get them competitive but lacks the ability to take them all the way. Either way, it could end up giving us a few losses.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You make a good point and your probably right. However, I think the Browns have in Hue what the Bengals have in Marvin. He will get them competitive but lacks the ability to take them all the way. Either way, it could end up giving us a few losses.

The potential upside would be that maybe they could give the Ratturds or the Squealers a loss every once in a while.  It would sukk to give up two wins a year, though.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:38 PM)McC Wrote: The potential upside would be that maybe they could give the Ratturds or the Squealers a loss every once in a while.  It would sukk to give up two wins a year, though.

Doubt we would give up 2 wins a year this year or next, but the potential is there if they keep getting stronger and we continue to suck at all facets of recruitment and FA. We have to get out of this BPA mindset and get aggressive at FA to turn the quick corner. But we wont and that's what I hate. We don't attack the season as "WIN NOW!" It's always building for next year, which never comes.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:31 PM)McC Wrote: The Giants may take one.  But it's not a guarantee.  At most, one QB is off the board at 4.  There isn't  a ton of difference between the QB's.   Someone they like will be there. 

I agree the Browns should take Barkley with the first pick.  However, if the Giants are not really looking for a QB this year and Barkley is off the table there is also the chance that the Giants and or the Colts trading picks with the Jets, Cardinals, or Bills who will probably snag QBs with those picks if that happens.  So I guess it depends if the Browns are totally sold on a QB and don't want to risk that QB going to a team trading up for the 2nd or 3rd pick.  Of course there is also the free agency thing that could play a factor.  If the Browns end up signing McCarron then they really need to take Barkley with the first pick.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote:  If the Browns end up signing McCarron then they really need to take Barkley with the first pick.

Why?

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I agree the Browns should take Barkley with the first pick.  However, if the Giants are not really looking for a QB this year and Barkley is off the table there is also the chance that the Giants and or the Colts trading picks with the Jets, Cardinals, or Bills who will probably snag QBs with those picks if that happens.  So I guess it depends if the Browns are totally sold on a QB and don't want to risk that QB going to a team trading up for the 2nd or 3rd pick.  Of course there is also the free agency thing that could play a factor.  If the Browns end up signing McCarron then they really need to take Barkley with the first pick.

That seems like a possible scenario.  But even if two and three are QB's, that still leaves two out of the four or five, depending on how one feels about Mayfield.  

Reply/Quote

Did not mention Giants for that exact reason, not sure. 

But absolutely agree with everything you have said here. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 02:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why?

Because if they sign McCarron I'm guessing they do so to make him their starting QB at least for the next few years.  Barkley seems like a can't miss prospect with a lot of star potential that could really enhance the Brown's game. A star RB would also make the job easier for McCarron.  Also Crowell is a free agent this year and may be on to greener pastures.  Really I think what happens in free agency may shake things up for the top 10 picks a lot.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Lorenzo Carter, LB. Georgia.

6'5", 250.

4.46 40. 88 tackles on a great defense in a top conference last year.

Mayock sees him as a 3-4 guy. Thoughts?

My God, that big and that fast. It would be like being run over by a car.

Reply/Quote
Griffin 4.38 fastest linebacker ever.... wow

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 03:09 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Because if they sign McCarron I'm guessing they do so to make him their starting QB at least for the next few years.  Barkley seems like a can't miss prospect with a lot of star potential that could really enhance the Brown's game. A star RB would also make the job easier for McCarron.  Also Crowell is a free agent this year and may be on to greener pastures.  Really I think what happens in free agency may shake things up for the top 10 picks a lot.

Fair enough. But I wouldnt get a QB in the 1st round and also bring in a QB in FA like McCarron. If they bring AJ on, it's because they think he can take them to the next level. If, by what you stated they do this, it wouldn't make sense to me when they could just go with what they got in place already? Kizer would be above and beyond what McCarron could bring out the gate if their plans was to take a QB in the first and groom him as a starter. If, at anything, it actually fits their mold because Browns are notorious for changing QB's mid season.

Reply/Quote