Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Bowl Games
I do this every year and this year will be no exception; although abbreviated. The Bowl season kicks off in earnest tomorrow and I will be giving you a couple guys to keep an eye on. Feel free to add your guy and do more than just give a name; support your pick.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
ST. PETERSBURG BOWL (12/26/2016 11:00 AM ESPN)

MIAMI (OH) v. MISSISSIPPI ST

COLLIN BUCHANAN- OT/ Mia- Buchanan brings the size that we currently do no have in our OT youngster. At 6'5" 325 this guy has the size we need at RT. Currently rated UDFA, we have been know tio reach late for an Olineman.

FRED ROSS- WR/MSU- Big bodied WR (6'2" 208) that offers a little bit in the PR range. Leaves Mississippi St taking all the receiving records with him. Probably costs a 5th RD pick

Reply/Quote
QUICK LANE BOWL (12/26/2016 2:30 PM ESPN)

MARYLAND v. BOSTON COLLEGE

TELDRICK MORGAN- WR/Mary- Transfer from New Mexico is about all I have to offer. Too bad WILLIAM LIKELY went down with injury; I really like him.

HAROLD LANDRY- Edge/BC- I will be keeping a close eye of Landry. At 6'3" 250 he is the OLB/DE hybrid that this team is lacking. He most likely would cost us our 2nd RD pick (might slip to early 3rd)

Reply/Quote
CAMPING WORLD BOWL (12/26/2016 5:00 PM ESPN2)

NC STATE v. VANDERBILT

BRADLEY CHUBB- DE/NCSU- At 6'4" 275 he is in the mold of the DE that the Bengals look for. Chubb lead the nation with 21 TFL and a respectable 9 sacks

ZACH CUNNINGHAM- ILB/Vandy- Zach is one of my favorite prospects in this year's draft and I would not mind at all if we spent our early first Rounder on him . Zach is Jaylon Smith. let's just hope he has better luck in his bowl game. Watch him if you get the chance.

Reply/Quote
3 elflien dudes just a rockstar can play eiTher guard or center but center would be the best. ImmideAt upgrade. Best matchup of any bowl game by far is mike Williams wr vs marahawn lattimore cannot wait to see that matchup. And lastly McMillan dude is a more instinctual player than any lb in the class and is great in coverage. But more than anything I want to see the 2 top 10 draft picks going head to head with Williams vs. lattimore.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 10:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: QUICK LANE BOWL (12/26/2016 2:30 PM ESPN)

MARYLAND v. BOSTON COLLEGE

TELDRICK MORGAN- WR/Mary- Transfer from New Mexico is about all I have to offer. Too bad WILLIAM LIKELY went down with injury; I really like him.

HAROLD LANDRY- Edge/BC- I will be keeping a close eye of Landry. At 6'3" 250 he is the OLB/DE hybrid that this team is lacking. He most likely would cost us our 2nd RD pick (might slip to early 3rd)

Landry just made a sweet interception.  Shoved his man down, jumped up and snagged the interception with his long arms.  Fine play.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 06:07 PM)3wt Wrote: Landry just made a sweet interception.  Shoved his man down, jumped up and snagged the interception with his long arms.  Fine play.

I watched the kid exclusively during the game. He seems to take plays off, but they do play the hell out of him. When he wanted to turn it on, he did with ease, but many times just played "truce" with the olineman. WTS, he's a 250 players that they often lined up at DT. If he shines in the combines; I could see him going early second. I see a lot of Shane Ray in him. 

Reply/Quote
Dec 31st 11AM on ESPN.. . Taxslayer Bowl Kentucky vs Georgia Tech.
Keep your eye on Jon Toth, Kentucky's Center. 6'5", 310, smart player with a nasty streak. He's the real deal. Projected to go in 4th or 5th round, could be a steal for a team looking to upgrade the Center position. Currently rated 5th best Center coming out this year, I think he is underrated. Good replacement for Bodine.
Reply/Quote
MILITARY BOWL (12/27/2016 3:30 ESPN)

TEMPLE v. WAKE FOREST

MARQUEL LEE- ILB/WF- Thumping ILB with 90 tackles (19 TFL) and 7.5 sacks

DION DAWKINS- OT/Tem- At 6'5" 320 lbs he has the size we need at tackle. 4 year starter with a lot of versatility.

Reply/Quote
HOLIDAY BOWL (12/27/2016 7:00 PM ESPN)

MINNESOTA v. WASHINGTON ST.

RILEY SORENSON- OC/WSU- If you want someone to cheer for pick this guy. His father suffered a heart attack entering the Stadium at last year's Bowl game and died a wek later and his mom passed from cancer 5 months later. He was also diagnosed with Cancer, but is currently clean. More than a story of perseverance to 6'4" 320 lber have been a stalwart on the WSU Oline

JALEN MYRICK- CB/Minn- This 5'10 205 DB might be the fastest player in College Football. Minn GPS tracking systems have tracked him at over 23 MPH and he hit 21 MPH on a 100 yard kick return.

Reply/Quote
CACTUS BOWL (12/27/2916 10:15 PM ESPN)

BOISE ST v. BAYLOR

JEREMY MCNICHOLS-RB/BSU- Gio Bernard clone that had over 2100 all purpose yards this year and 31 TDs. The Junior has already declared for the draft

KYLE FULLER- C/Bay- This 6'5" 315 lb Center is strong and talented. 3 years starter and anchor of the Baylor Oline. I expect this guy to be in quite a few Bengal Mocks this year

Reply/Quote
Thanks to Sled and jpore for their input. I will definitely use it when I "preview" the games. I try to do it the day prior; however, sometimes I don't get to it until gameday.

Reply/Quote
Dec. 28 — Pinstripe Bowl, Pittsburgh vs. Northwestern, Bronx, N.Y., 2 p.m. (ESPN)

Dorian Johnson OG Pitt - This guy and
Adam Bisnowaty OT Pitt - This guy make the best Left Side Tandem in college.
James Connor RB Pitt - And make this guy's job easy.

Anthony Walker Jr (Jr might not declare) LB NW Guy has speed, range and is a playmaker. Makes plays that make you blink.
Justin Jackson RB NW (Jr, so might not declare) would be a decent later round pick.

Since this game is over now:
Justin Jackson has an amazing day. 226 yards on 33 carries.
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18366473

Walker ripped a ball free from WR Quadree Henderson.

Connor and Johnson were on the bench in the 4th after getting hurt.
Reply/Quote
Dec. 28 — Russell Athletic Bowl, Miami (Fla.) vs. West Virginia, Orlando, 5:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Miami:
Stacy Coley WR - Deep threat machine, speed speed speed with good hands.
Corn Elder CB - 5'10" but has the patience to not be fooled by double moves, tackle machine. Long arms helped deflect 12 passes.

WV:
Rasul Douglas CB - 6'2" 8 picks this year. Fluid player, doesn't have elite speed, but can jam a wr at the line and take them out of the play.
Tyler Orlosky C - Toughness and technique make him an excellent anchor. Sometimes get pad level a bit high, but was a pain in the ass against my Sooners this year.
Reply/Quote
Dec. 28 — Foster Farms Bowl, Indiana vs. Utah, Santa Clara, Calif., 8:30 p.m. (FOX)

Utah:
Garrett Bolles OT (could stay one more year, but highly unlikely) - Day 2 Prospect, talent is there, but raw with technique.
Marcus Williams FS (Jr) - Ball hawk with the speed to control the middle of the field. Considered as the best pure FS in in this class should he declare.
Lowell Lotulelei DT - Run Stuffer, but not much of a pass rusher.
Hunter Dimick DE - People seem to have forgotten about him with a down year last year (shoulder injury), but he finished 3rd in Sacks (14.5) and TFL (20) this year. Great Burst and awareness, just not ideal NFL Size and Arm Length.

Indiana:
Dan Feeney OG - Probably the only Draft prospect for Indiana, but he's a good one and one of the best Guards in College today. He has allowed only 2 sacks in 3,278 snaps over 45 career starts. Most Likely a 1st rounder.
Reply/Quote
Dec. 28 — Texas Bowl, Kansas State vs. Texas A&M, Houston, 9 p.m. (ESPN)

TA&M:
Myles Garrett Edge Rusher - Top Prospect in the 2017 draft Class. When healthy, he's dominant. Got better at Run Blocking this year.
Justin Evans S - Day 2 prospect, well rounded player.
Avery Gennesy OL - Solid Technique, athleticism and Power. Probably not a 1st rounder, more likely a Day 2 prospect (snaps TAM's streak of 4 consecutive OL's drafted in 1st round, could move into first with great combine though).
Josh Reynolds WR - Tall, but not speedy most like Marquess Colston. Moves the chains and is a Red Zone Target.
Daeshon Hall Edge - Not as good as this teammate, but not a wimp by any means, will be a possible 2nd day draftee.

Kansas State
Jordan Willis Edge - If a lot of Jr's declare, Sr's like Jordan will fall and be available later in the draft and he will be a steal after Day 2.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 08:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Dec. 28 — Russell Athletic Bowl, Miami (Fla.) vs. West Virginia, Orlando, 5:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Miami:
Stacy Coley WR - Deep threat machine, speed speed speed with good hands.
Corn Elder CB - 5'10" but has the patience to not be fooled by double moves, tackle machine. Long arms helped deflect 12 passes.

WV:
Rasul Douglas CB -  6'2" 8 picks this year. Fluid player, doesn't have elite speed, but can jam a wr at the line and take them out of the play.
Tyler Orlosky C - Toughness and technique make him an excellent anchor. Sometimes get pad level a bit high, but was a pain in the ass against my Sooners this year.

Really like Stacy Coley, could be that deep threat guy we need on this offense.
Reply/Quote
Big thanks to Mike for running with the ball. Today was quite hectic.

Will be interested to see Freeny matched up against Star's brother.

Will also watch the bookend rusher from A&M

Reply/Quote
The O-line prospects from Pitt and Indiana are all good mentions.Surprised by Jackson. Conner has been a stud.

Myles Garrett could be awesome.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 01:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Dec 31st 11AM on ESPN.. . Taxslayer Bowl Kentucky vs Georgia Tech.
Keep your eye on Jon Toth, Kentucky's Center. 6'5", 310, smart player with a nasty streak. He's the real deal. Projected to go in 4th or 5th round, could be a steal for a team looking to upgrade the Center position. Currently rated 5th best Center coming out this year, I think he is underrated. Good replacement for Bodine.

A potted plant would be a good upgrade for Bodine.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote