Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Senior Bowl
NFL Now on the NFL Network is doing spotty Senior Bowl practice coverage if anyone wants to check it out...I have my DVR set for ESPNU tommorrow lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
6' 2"  227lbs 10" hands  33" arms.

Where do i sign up?   Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Our own Paul Alexander was on with PK and Milz as Sirius was covering the practices. Only caught parts and will re-listen tomorrow at work. A general observation:

He said the day belonged to the dline.

Boogey Basham "dominated"

Marvin Wilson got the better of Deonte Brown

Someone (missed the name) put Raduz on his back.

In addition to Boggey he mentioned to following DEs by name:
DL Levi Onwuzurike
DL Rashad Weaver
DL Patrick Jones II

When an oline coach states the dline owned the day; it says a lot.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 08:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Our own Paul Alexander was on with PK and Milz as Sirius was covering the practices. Only caught parts and will re-listen tomorrow at work. A general observation:

He said the day belonged to the dline.

Boogey Basham "dominated"

Marvin Wilson got the better of Deonte Brown

Someone (missed the name) put Raduz on his back.

In addition to Boggey he mentioned to following DEs by name:
DL Levi Onwuzurike
DL Rashad Weaver
DL Patrick Jones II

When an oline coach states the dline owned the day; it says a lot.

Jamie Newman and Sage Surratt had a great day apparently. Newman is was the best QB on the field day 1 and no one could cover Surratt.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 08:46 PM)Synric Wrote: Jamie Newman and Sage Surratt had a great day apparently. Newman is was the best QB on the field day 1 and no one could cover Surratt.

Seems like a good day for Wake Forest 

Reply/Quote
A name to keep an eye on today as coverage starts on ESPNU is Iowa's Alaric Jackson. Jackson is athletic, explosive out of stance, and an excellent run blocker. He comes from a pro zone blocking system at Iowa that produce high quality offensive linemen. His biggest weakness is his length with 32.5 inch arms will force him inside to guard but with the lack of athletic guards in this draft class Jackson could climb up draft boards especially with a solid showing in mobile.

If the Bengals want to run a wide zone Alaric Jackson would be a good fit and could be thr next in line of Iowa's great Offensive Line tradition especially ones that make the transition from College Tackle to Pro Guard like Marshall Yanda and Brandon Scherff.

Today keep an eye out if they use him at both tackle and guard like they are doing with Dillon Raduz who is taking snaps at LT and LG.

Reply/Quote
Interesting that DeVonta Smith refused height and weight measurements at Senior Bowl.
He did do hand, arm, and wingspan measurements.
https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-heisman-winner-devonta-smith-declines-height-weight-measurements-
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Shaka Toney who played Defensive End 4 years at Penn State but measured in at 6'2 1/4 238 33 inch arms is practicing with the Stack Linebacker group on day 2.

Edit: Now he's not with the Stack Linebackers in 1 v 1 RB bs LB pass rush drills. I'm guessing they are cross coaching for 34 OLB.

Reply/Quote
Pitt's Patrick Jones II is low and explosive out of that 4 point stance.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 03:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Shaka Toney who played Defensive End 4 years at Penn State but measured in at 6'2 1/4 238 33 inch arms is practicing with the Stack Linebacker group on day 2.

Edit: Now he's not with the Stack Linebackers in 1 v 1 RB bs LB pass rush drills. I'm guessing they are cross coaching for 34 OLB.

Worth comparing Toney to Carl Lawson, in case some are worried about him having lack of length.

We know that Carl Lawson got a ton of pressures in the NFL this past year. He's also only 6'2" and 31.5" arm length. Lawson was 261 lbs though, which is 23 lbs more than Toney. Toney has longer arms than Lawson though. I think Toney could still cut is as a DE, but he may need to bulk up to 250+ lbs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
In 1 on 1s Alaric Jackson lined up at LG RG and RT he was beat 2 of 3 times once by Basham and off the edge by Roche.

Basham and Roche look great. Basham has a nice first step and power in his hands Roche is explosion and speed off the edge. Quincy Roche embarrased both Alaric Jackson and Alex Leatherwood in 1 on 1s.

Edit: Alaric Jackson does look great in the 9on7s and 11 on 11s.

Reply/Quote
Carlos Basham had a day. The only rep I seen him "lose" was in 11on11 and it took Alex Leatherwood and Trey Smith to move him off the line of scrimmage.

Reply/Quote
Just listened to PA talk with the folks on Sirius. Highlights:

Trey Smith tried to dominate people but wound up getting beat often. PA says he needs to relax.

Said Quinn Meinerz is nasty. PK says it looks like his off season included 12 ounce curls

Ben Cleveland looked "great" Day 1 but turned ankle and is not practicing

All were impressed with Royce Newman

Dline is still dominating Oline

If Basham was day 1 MVP Quincy Rouche was day 2

Like both Pitt DEs but Weaver looks better

Reply/Quote
The Quinn Meinerz hype is starting to make me man crush. Always been a fan of interior line players with wrestling backgrounds.

I was just thinking earlier how there isn’t really an OL who I absolutely love this year. Which is strange considering some are trying to say this is the best OL class ever.

I thought I saw a comment about someone doing 12oz curls. Not sure where it was or who it was about. Thought it may have been Meinerz with the gut he has going on
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 09:38 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The Quinn Meinerz hype is starting to make me man crush. Always been a fan of interior line players with wrestling backgrounds.

I was just thinking earlier how there isn’t really an OL who I absolutely love this year. Which is strange considering some are trying to say this is the best OL class ever.

I thought I saw a comment about someone doing 12oz curls. Not sure where it was or who it was about. Thought it may have been Meinerz with the gut he has going on

Yeah, I went back and re-listened it was  Quinn Meinerz. Currently watching him on NFL Network. 

Seems like a good dude.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I went back and re-listened it was  Quinn Meinerz. Currently watching him on NFL Network. 

Seems like a good dude.

The NFL Netwoek recap coverage has been bad. They are more into do interviews that showing anything.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 07:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Carlos Basham had a day. The only rep I seen him "lose" was in 11on11 and it took Alex Leatherwood and Trey Smith to move him off the line of scrimmage.

He is my first draft crush this year. Glad to see his arms are short and he probably won't test well, hopefully he's there for the Ravens.

Beats up whoever's in front of him, those hands are violent. Quick feet. NFL strong. Good motor. He's ready to play day one.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 07:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Carlos Basham had a day. The only rep I seen him "lose" was in 11on11 and it took Alex Leatherwood and Trey Smith to move him off the line of scrimmage.

Would love him in the 2nd.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 11:58 PM)Bmore Birds Wrote: He is my first draft crush this year. Glad to see his arms are short and he probably won't test well, hopefully he's there for the Ravens.

Beats up whoever's in front of him, those hands are violent. Quick feet. NFL strong. Good motor. He's ready to play day one.

He was #2 on the freaks list and apparently was on coverage teams because he speed they could utilize there. So I think he may do ok in the testing

I don’t see how he isn’t at the top of the pass rusher rankings when it’s all said and done.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I went back and re-listened it was  Quinn Meinerz. Currently watching him on NFL Network. 

Seems like a good dude.

Pretty big conspiracy going around with the letter Q.

I don’t think it is a coincidence Meinerz has a first name that starts with the letter Q and ends with the letter N.... just like Quenton Nelson..

It is against div 3 opponents or whatever division he played in but Meinerz YouTube highlight clip was the most enjoyable for me to watch as far as OL goes so far this year. That’s what made me think of Quenton because he was just roughing people up
Reply/Quote