Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Senior Bowl
(01-28-2021, 12:55 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He was #2 on the freaks list and apparently was on coverage teams because he speed they could utilize there. So I think he may do ok in the testing

I don’t see how he isn’t at the top of the pass rusher rankings when it’s all said and done.

Wow. Thanks, didn't know that. Yea I'm trying to figure out why he's not higher on the draft boards I've seen.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I went back and re-listened it was  Quinn Meinerz. Currently watching him on NFL Network. 

Seems like a good dude.

Here is some evals, says Meinerz is start 1st 2 days, loves 2 Clemson receivers.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-senior-bowl-day-2-five-stars-from-practice-game-planning-with-deshaun-watson

Loves QB formerly from Wake Neuman who sat out 2020 as well as center with short arms from Oklahoma.

Also like Basham and DE who sat out from Miami.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 12:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Here is some evals, says Meinerz is start 1st 2 days, loves 2 Clemson receivers.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-senior-bowl-day-2-five-stars-from-practice-game-planning-with-deshaun-watson

Loves QB formerly from Wake Neuman who sat out 2020 as well as center with short arms from Oklahoma.

Also like Basham and DE who sat out from Miami.

Quincy Roche didn't sit out that was Gregory Rousseau

I'm sure Tee would be happy to welcome in one of his Clemson mates.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Spencer Brown and James Hudson both had some nice reps in 1 on 1s. I dont think National did 9on7 yesterday but I'd like to see it today.

Desmond Fitzpatrick had a nice redzone TD route/catch on the outside vs Ambry Thomas. Dez Fitzpatrick is a guy for the Bengals to look at 6'2 low 4.4 high 4.3 with a nice catch radius. Ambry Thomas is also a guy as a laye day 2 early day 3 corner length speed short area quickness.

Edit: No 9on7s for the National team straight to the 11on11.

Aaron Banks has been up and down in the 1 on 1 drills but when you line him up in 11 on 11 he looks really polished especially comboing and climbing.

Dillon Raduz playing alot of Left Guard and playing well.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 01:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Quincy Roche didn't sit out that was Gregory Rousseau

I'm sure Tee would be happy to welcome in one of his Clemson mates.

That was I meant the Miami DE who sat out Rousseau was having good practices, if I read it correctly.

I did not so TY guys for clarifying

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 03:42 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That was I meant the Miami DE who sat out Rousseau was having good practices, if I read it correctly.

Gregory Rousseau isn't at the Senior Bowl because he is an underclassman. The only Miami edge in Mobile is Quincy Roche who is having a great week...besides the weigh-in.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Tre McKitty made some money this week and Quincy Roche likely just pulled himself into the first round. It's crazy to think Roche was the second best edge at the U in 2020.

Reply/Quote
Trey Smith has been so dominat inside all week but barely mentioned because it's been every rep. He took a 1 on 1 at left tackle vs UABs Jordan Smith and show quick feet and a nice pass set. It was fun to hear the Offensive Line coach mention to Trey Smith that he was perfect and didnt have to use his hands because Jordan Smith hasn't used his all week. Jordan will have to change that as a rusher especially with his size and length.

Reply/Quote
Alex Leatherwood came into the week wanting to prove in front of the scouts he could be an NFL left tackle....what he didnt count on was Quincy Roche lol.

It took until day 3 for Leatherwood to win a rep against Roche in 1 on 1s and then Roche beat him twice during the team drills. Leatherwood actually sat out like the last 5 or 6 team reps and Alaric Jackson moved from RT to LT for the first team. Roche wasn't just a pass rusher he showed power at the point of attack when run plays coming right at him and didnt give up ground when being chipped or doubled.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 06:06 PM)Synric Wrote: Trey Smith has been so dominat inside all week but barely mentioned because it's been every rep. He took a 1 on 1 at left tackle vs UABs Jordan Smith and show quick feet and a nice pass set. It was fun to hear the Offensive Line coach mention to Trey Smith that he was perfect and didnt have to use his hands because Jordan Smith hasn't used his all week. Jordan will have to change that as a rusher especially with his size and length.

Ive heard outside of health concerns Trey Smith has some major off the field issues and hasn't taken a step forward in his development.  I still consider Smith a round 3 guy because of these issues, but the guy is gonna be a great guard with position versatility.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 07:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Alex Leatherwood came into the week wanting to prove in front of the scouts he could be an NFL left tackle....what he didnt count on was Quincy Roche lol.

It took until day 3 for Leatherwood to win a rep against Roche in 1 on 1s and then Roche beat him twice during the team drills. Leatherwood actually sat out like the last 5 or 6 team reps and Alaric Jackson moved from RT to LT for the first team. Roche wasn't just a pass rusher he showed power at the point of attack when run plays coming right at him and didnt give up ground when being chipped or doubled.

Roche is what I thought he would be, a developmental pass rusher.  Leatherwood on the other hand has some real issues with speed rushers and may be better suited at guard.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 03:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Spencer Brown and James Hudson both had some nice reps in 1 on 1s. I dont think National did 9on7 yesterday but I'd like to see it today.

Desmond Fitzpatrick had a nice redzone TD  route/catch on the outside vs Ambry Thomas. Dez Fitzpatrick is a guy for the Bengals to look at 6'2 low 4.4 high 4.3 with a nice catch radius. Ambry Thomas is also a guy as a laye day 2 early day 3 corner length speed short area quickness.

Edit: No 9on7s for the National team straight to the 11on11.

Aaron Banks has been up and down in the 1 on 1 drills but when you line him up in 11 on 11 he looks really polished especially comboing and climbing.

Dillon Raduz playing alot of Left Guard and playing well.

I don't watch receivers at the senior bowl practice because I don't get much out of it.  I stick to tape on that position, but 100% agree with Raduz, imo he's a guard who can kick outside as a backup.  He has great knee bend and a good base

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 07:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Alex Leatherwood came into the week wanting to prove in front of the scouts he could be an NFL left tackle....what he didnt count on was Quincy Roche lol.

Reminds me of the 2012 Senior Bowl. Mike Martin (DL out of Mich.) was destroying everyone his team lined up at Center in one on one. Then the staff had Kevin Zeitler snap a few and he absolutely shut Martin down.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 07:42 PM)Okeana Wrote: Ive heard outside of health concerns Trey Smith has some major off the field issues and hasn't taken a step forward in his development.  I still consider Smith a round 3 guy because of these issues, but the guy is gonna be a great guard with position versatility.

Smith had some blood clot issues in his lungs which is controlled via medication.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Ok mark me down for Elerson Smith, dude is a dog

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 12:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Interesting that DeVonta Smith refused height and weight measurements at Senior Bowl.
He did do hand, arm, and wingspan measurements.
https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-heisman-winner-devonta-smith-declines-height-weight-measurements-

maybe he's hoping to grown an inch between now and then Tongue
Reply/Quote
He’s embarrassed about them ankles.

Reply/Quote
Smith is 170lbs. Those receivers usually don’t last too long in the nfl. There may be teams who pass on him because of that.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 10:26 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Smith is 170lbs. Those receivers usually don’t last too long in the nfl. There may be teams who pass on him because of that.

Is he 170 lbs.? I have never seen colleges be honest when showing height and weight. Maybe, he is 160 lbs. and why he would not get on the scales. It is not uncommon for a football player to lose 10 lbs. during the season either, so maybe he started at 170 lbs. and then lost weight.

Reply/Quote
Where in the draft is the center from that D3 school projected to go?

Reply/Quote