Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scouting the Senior Bowl
(01-29-2021, 10:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is he 170 lbs.? I have never seen colleges be honest when showing height and weight. Maybe, he is 160 lbs. and why he would not get on the scales. It is not uncommon for a football player to lose 10 lbs. during the season either, so maybe he started at 170 lbs. and then lost weight.

I don’t know for certain, but all I hear is how small he is and why Chase is still considered the best receiver in this class
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 12:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Interesting that DeVonta Smith refused height and weight measurements at Senior Bowl.
He did do hand, arm, and wingspan measurements.
https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-heisman-winner-devonta-smith-declines-height-weight-measurements-

(01-29-2021, 10:26 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Smith is 170lbs. Those receivers usually don’t last too long in the nfl. There may be teams who pass on him because of that.

(01-29-2021, 10:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is he 170 lbs.? I have never seen colleges be honest when showing height and weight. Maybe, he is 160 lbs. and why he would not get on the scales. It is not uncommon for a football player to lose 10 lbs. during the season either, so maybe he started at 170 lbs. and then lost weight.

(01-29-2021, 12:46 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t know for certain, but all I hear is how small he is and why Chase is still considered the best receiver in this class

It was a smart move by DeVonta Smith. 

Even if he weighed in at 180 he has at least a month possibly 2 months until Alabama's Pro Day to bulk up and get his 40 time down while carrying the weight. Smith's season finished later than alot of these guys who have been training since early to late December.

If he can get to 180 to 185 and run a high 4.4 or low 4.5 he's golden...If he bulks up and runs a high 4.5 to low 4.6 that's a problem.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

DS is in 160s, and slight build.  I think he can be good but like all smallish WR, durability in the NFL is a concern.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Update on Senior Bowl 10 guys who upped ther draft stock from Daniel Jeremiah

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-senior-bowl-daniel-jeremiah-s-top-10-nfl-draft-winners-from-week-of-practic

Basham - DL Wake Forest

ND Guard - Hainsey

Meinerz - Div. 2 interior OL who many on here have discussed all week

Smith - E. Carolina OT who has long arms

Mac Jones - QB Alabama

Also couple of WR and one WR/RB
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 04:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Update on Senior Bowl 10 guys who upped ther draft stock from Daniel Jeremiah

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-senior-bowl-daniel-jeremiah-s-top-10-nfl-draft-winners-from-week-of-practic

Basham - DL Wake Forest

ND Guard - Hainsey

Mac Jones - QB Alabama

Super Impressed with Basham and I think he could play on the edge and 3 tech.  Great hands

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 01:05 PM)Synric Wrote: It was a smart move by DeVonta Smith. 

Even if he weighed in at 180 he has at least a month possibly 2 months until Alabama's Pro Day to bulk up and get his 40 time down while carrying the weight. Smith's season finished later than alot of these guys who have been training since early to late December.

If he can get to 180 to 185 and run a high 4.4 or low 4.5 he's golden...If he bulks up and runs a high 4.5 to low 4.6 that's a problem.

In this class I wouldn't take him at 5.  I dont view him as a Julio Jones level talent and his size/age are concerns for me.  Chase has low mileage, great age, great size, and outstanding results.  Not to mention he already has built-in chemistry.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 04:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Update on Senior Bowl 10 guys who upped ther draft stock from Daniel Jeremiah

Basham - DL Wake Forest

ND Guard - Hainsey

Mac Jones - QB Alabama

I just listened to Mac Jones being interviewed by PK and Millz. It was one of the worst interviews I've listened to. He definitely needs polish before NFL execs start talking to him. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 10:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s embarrassed about them ankles.

Still haven't seen the results of the ankle circumferences.

DS is down in Mobile for one reason; The Miami coaching staff.  

Reply/Quote
My Nole favorite is Hamsah Nasirildeen. Dude was the truth at safety and got hurt 2019. Didn't make it back onto the field until late in the 2020 season, played 1 or 2 games. But eh played plenty in the previous years. Multiple 20+ tackle games. Hope he gets his stock back up. Good team guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just listened to Mac Jones being interviewed by PK and Millz. It was one of the worst interviews I've listened to. He definitely needs polish before NFL execs start talking to him. 

Please tell us you were not one of the fans hyping Zac Taylor for his interview skills.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 05:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Still haven't seen the results of the ankle circumferences.

DS is down in Mobile for one reason; The Miami coaching staff.  

Hope he goes at 3
Reply/Quote
Dillon Radunz was named Practice Player of the Week. He took reps at both Left Tackle and Left Guard.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The brown starting oline looked good. Pretty sure it had Radunz and Spencer Brown at tackles. They training together with Joe Staley.

The LSU LB looks good

A few around here like Brown (OG) outta Bama. I am not one of them

The Grambling OG is 6'1" 350. I don't think I've ever seen that

Reply/Quote
I usually try to guess which team is going to win while watching the practices....I have admit I figured it would be the American team running away with it but its Nationals up 13-0.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The brown starting oline looked good. Pretty sure it had Radunz and Spencer Brown at tackles. They training together with Joe Staley.

The LSU LB looks good

A few around here like Brown (OG) outta Bama. I am not one of them

The Grambling OG is 6'1" 350. I don't think I've ever seen that

Deonte Brown out on that screen pass was ugly lol. 

Reply/Quote
Desmond Fitzpatrick dropped his first target but since then has 5 or 6 catches and that really nice one down the sideline at full extension showing great hands.

He is a 6'2 202 vertical receiver that would fit well in Cincy as the Z.

Late day 3 prospect.

Edit: 6 catches 90 yards and 2 drops lol.

Reply/Quote
Well how did the linemen look? Saw a bit of the game but not much.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 05:42 PM)Synric Wrote: I usually try to guess which team is going to win while watching the practices....I have admit I figured it would be the American team running away with it but its Nationals up 13-0.

He also gave up what should have been a strip sack to one of my guys Osa Odighiuzwa.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 07:48 PM)tBengal Wrote: Well how did the linemen look? Saw a bit of the game but not much.

I started watching but quickly learned there was going to be very little coverage of olinemen. What I did see was the big OG from Bama is not impressive.

The starters for the Brown team, looked good.

I listened to the 2nd half on Sirius and PK plays close attention to olinemen. Some of his thoughts:

Creed Humphrey had a bad day

The Grambling kid looked good at Center; although he's never played it

Liked the D3 kid that everybody talked about all week. Called him the motor that makes the oline go. 

There was a OT that just arrived today and he thought he looked good. 

Liked the Radunz kid

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2021, 10:26 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Smith is 170lbs. Those receivers usually don’t last too long in the nfl. There may be teams who pass on him because of that.

Been saying it ever since the NC game.  He is electrifying, but one hit ended the game for him.  He was schemed open all night and OSU had no answer.  Still not sold on Kerry Combs as a DC, but regardless....Chase is the first rounder I want.  
Reply/Quote