Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season MVP
I nominate Shawn Williams for DOPY. 110 combined tackles (81 solo) 1 sack 9 passes defensed 5 interceptions and a TD.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As you know your boy bfine likes to get interaction going in the forum. So despite a disappointing season we still need to name an MVP. Give me your pick and your reasons. Once done we'll create a thread with a poll.

Also any other awards you think should be awarded.

Has to be Joe Mixon.  Once he was finally given more opportunities (should have been used even more in the passing game) he stole the show.  When was the last time a Bengals RB averaged 10 ypc against the steelers?

I would have said Andy if he could have stayed healthy, and he put them in place to beat pitt the first time, the great finish against the Falcons, and he really seemed to gain some elusive moves and better pocket presence this year (he needed it with all the bodies flying around him).

Boyd would be a strong contender, too.  Stepped up when AJ went down, and was a very reliable target in the slot.  

On defense...there wasn't a sole worth a crap except maybe a glimmer of hope in Bates.  The defense was pathetic across the board.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Joe Mixon - 1,464 yards from scrimmage the most by a Bengals back since 2006.

Also gotta love his passion:

Hell yeah! I love his spirit, and I hope he's right. The last three years have really drained my enthusiasm for this team... Now we wait for the news on Marvin Lewis. This team and it's fan base need a big shot in the arm.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote