Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Season Tickets Have Been Canceled....
yes...they have been canceled after 12 years......no this doesn't mean Im not a fan.......but until things change I can not support this team with Marvin at the helm...........

How does a coach stick around for 15 years that....
- Has Zero Discipline
- Refusal to play young guys
- Lack of Halftime Adjustments
- Cant win the big game
- 0-7 playoffs
- Keeps thugs on the team (pacMan)

My Bengals marriage is in a state of separation.......

will I still watch a game........probably
will I post and browse here..........yes
will I support Mike Brown and his decision ........no

I'm sorry but how can anyone support this decision? We all know nothing will change until Mike Brown is gone but this is a very low point for US the Fans.....

Does this make me not a fan? Some will say yes.....Some will say Im fair weather..............

I hope the Bengals prove me wrong and win it all next season but Im not getting my hopes up.....

rant over.......over and out....breaker breaker
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I have to admit, I was hoping that you were saying season tickets have been cancelled by the thousands. Not that it would matter.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Good for you bud. Don't blame you and those who want change need to hit Brown where it hurts.
Reply/Quote
Thank you for stopping your contributions to the Mike Brown Retirement Fund! Unfortunately there will be another fool who scoops them up.
Reply/Quote
Good!

Everyone that has been a season ticket holder should follow suit. If they don't, well... They're as sick in the head as Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
I don’t think you’ll be the last. Really the only thing you can do to show your displeasure is not donate any money to the franchise.
Reply/Quote
Good for you. Don't have tickets but if I did, this would be my move as well.
Reply/Quote
Hope more do the same.
Reply/Quote
Well we will most likely have ced and fisher as our starting tackles so you won't be missing much!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:40 PM)corpjet Wrote: yes...they have been canceled after 12 years......no this doesn't mean Im not a fan.......but until things change I can not support this team with Marvin at the helm...........

- Has Zero Discipline
- Cant win the big game
- 0-7 playoffs

I'm sorry but how can anyone support this decision? We all know nothing will change until Mike Brown is gone but this is a very low point for US the Fans.....

Does this make me not a fan? Some will say yes.....Some will say Im fair weather..............

I hope the Bengals prove me wrong and win it all next season but Im not getting my hopes up.....

Props to sticking to your beliefs. It doesn’t make you any less of a fan no matter what some might say around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I get it. I'm pissed as well and if I had season tickets, I'd probably cancel them. However, it doesn't matter how many people cancel or how empty the stadium will be next season. Mike Brown will continue to turn a profit because of the NFL's revenue sharing. If the Brown family actually had to make a profit on their own, maybe lack of ticket sales would cause the family to try and do things differently. As it is now, go or don't go, the Brown family will still make millions in profit.
Reply/Quote
I am cancelling mine as well. I made a promise to myself to not spend another penny on anything Bengals until Mike Brown was dead IF he brought back Marvin. I didn't blame Mike for anything that had happened on the field. I do now.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:40 PM)corpjet Wrote: yes...they have been canceled after 12 years......no this doesn't mean Im not a fan.......but until things change I can not support this team with Marvin at the helm...........

- Has Zero Discipline
- Cant win the big game
- 0-7 playoffs

I'm sorry but how can anyone support this decision?  We all know nothing will change until Mike Brown is gone but this is a very low point for US the Fans.....

Does this make me not a fan?  Some will say yes.....Some will say Im fair weather..............

Good for you, hope every fan does this.

I have officially quit buying Bengal gear until i see something different.

You are not a fairweather fan, this is ***** ridiculous.

We could of hired from the inside and it would be much better as long as it wasn't PA...

Could of made about 100 different decisions that would of been better than bringing Marv back.
Reply/Quote
Good for you guys. If I was fortunate enough to have season tickets I'd do the same thing. That being said no more single game tickets/team stuff for me & mine neither.
Reply/Quote
Call the ticket office even if you don't have tickets. Just tell them calmly that you won't be buying any tickets until XYZ happens. Doesn't matter if you don't have season tickets. To let them know that you've gone to a game or two a year and will no longer is worth it
Reply/Quote
If I go to a Bengals game it will be a road game. Im not giving a dime to Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:00 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: If I go to a Bengals game it will be a road game.  Im not giving a dime to Mike Brown.

You'd still be giving money to Mike Brown. Part of the gate goes to the opposing team as well, plus revenue sharing. You can go to a game that doesn't even involve the Bengals and it will still be putting money in Mike Brown's pocket.
Reply/Quote
Will definitely be canceling two of mine that I have purchased since 1991 and have been purchased by family since 1968.

Still have to decide on other two per being front row right behind the Bengals defense.

May have to do something I have never ever done before and selling them to opposing fans for a profit and just go to a free game or two. Bet a steeler fan would pay well to be practically sitting on the Bengals bench.

Will be TV in my future and Louisville does not always show the Bengals games so will lose interest except for on message board and the few games telecasted here.

Never thought I would see the day come to quit this family tradition. But everything comes to an end.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I don't think anything the fans do affects any decisions Mike Brown makes, unfortunately. He's clearly not embarrassed by empty seats. If you feel as a consumer that it's not worth the investment and your money would be better spent elsewhere, then I get that completely. But for some reason he just doesn't care what his customers think and I don't think any sort of protest matters to him. It's really bizarre. For that same reason I won't begrudge anyone who still goes to the games if you enjoy attending games in person. If that's something you like to do there's no sense in punishing yourself to send a message to Mike Brown because, again, he doesn't care if you're there or not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 02:59 PM)N_B Wrote: Call the ticket office even if you don't have tickets.  Just tell them calmly that you won't be buying any tickets until XYZ happens.  Doesn't matter if you don't have season tickets.  To let them know that you've gone to a game or two a year and will no longer is worth it

I had a low-ranking job with a baseball team years ago and you wouldn't believe how often people would talk to me as if I were the GM and/or able to control city ordinances regarding the consumption of alcohol on private and city grounds.  Memories!
Reply/Quote