Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season is already over
(07-28-2020, 08:51 PM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: But would we lose one of 5 rookie-deal burrow years?

Losing 20% of him is a big deal 

If no season, no pay I would think so no accrued season. So, I would think all contracts would roll over by one year,
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(07-29-2020, 09:31 AM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: So, you admittedly just say non sensical stuff about the team, and are constantly wrong about nearly everything, cause you think thats your role as a bengals fan - all because 'you root for them'

Lol.  You are not a better fan than me because you tout delusion and ignore common sense, foresight and logic. 

If anything, you are a bigger part of the franchise problem - always predicting 10 wins, etc.   What a joke 

Man.  You sure know a lot about people and you just joined this month?  Okay...
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
(07-29-2020, 10:03 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Man.  You sure know a lot about people and you just joined this month?  Okay...

What are you talking about?

(Yesterday, 02:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And I always predict 10 or more wins, it's called being a fan.
(07-28-2020, 04:33 PM)jason Wrote: I'm not poo pooing the idea, but the Blue Jays are playing down here, and Canada doesn't want us up there right now.

Right.  Canada doesn't want Covid riddled USA in their county right now.  Not just Blue Jays but all the USA teams that would have traveled to Canada.  So no way they want NFL teams in Canada.  Then on NFL side, they would rather cancel all NFL season than have ll 32 USA teams try to find last minute stadiums and housing and move all the TV people to Canada.  

So just forget Canada as an option. 

I was afraid someone was posting the season is over because Jonah Williams is out for his 2nd season also.  So glad that was not the post and Jonah Williams is fine.  

NFL is going to try to have a season.  MLB has 13 Miami Marlins with Covid and some players on other teams including Reds,  but MLB as of this morning has not cancelled the season.  Some games postponed, but most of the teams all play today.  This is still July and too early to tell on September NFL season. 

There is one option MLB, NFL, NBA should consider if needed....No fans in stands and so use the front row seats to get the players out of crowded dugouts and sidelines.  There are plenty of seats to have distancing and masks as mandatory by the Leagues.  Any stadium could have steps or ramps from seats to field.  If rock concerts and such can build ramps and steps, so can NFL or MLB. .....I say this is an option....Miami may be a one team only deal,  and NFL may want to watch out for Dolphins. ...You can bet Marlins already had Covid in Covid Miami before their road trip. 13 players tells you that. Plus Miami is worst city in Covid in USA right now.

I'm sure NFL still plans on having a season and in the USA.
1968 Bengal Fan
(07-29-2020, 10:05 AM)OrangeTerrain Wrote: What are you talking about?

(Yesterday, 02:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And I always predict 10 or more wins, it's called being a fan.

What are YOU talking about?  You come in here and dump on people and act like you know how they are.  You're off to a great start, I'm guessing your time here will be short if you slam veteran members this way.  I don't agree with everything everyone says, but there's a way to be respectful about it.  And you called a member "part of the problem".  Welcome to the board!  Whatever
(07-29-2020, 10:08 AM)kevin Wrote: Right.  Canada doesn't want Covid riddled USA in their county right now.  Not just Blue Jays but all the USA teams that would have traveled to Canada.  So no way they want NFL teams in Canada.  Then on NFL side, they would rather cancel all NFL season than have ll 32 USA teams try to find last minute stadiums and housing and move all the TV people to Canada.  

So just forget Canada as an option. 

I was afraid someone was posting the season is over because Jonah Williams is out for his 2nd season also.  So glad that was not the post and Jonah Williams is fine.  

NFL is going to try to have a season.  MLB has 13 Miami Marlins with Covid and some players on other teams including Reds,  but MLB as of this morning has not cancelled the season.  Some games postponed, but most of the teams all play today.  This is still July and too early to tell on September NFL season. 

There is one option MLB, NFL, NBA should consider if needed....No fans in stands and so use the front row seats to get the players out of crowded dugouts and sidelines.  There are plenty of seats to have distancing and masks as mandatory by the Leagues.  Any stadium could have steps or ramps from seats to field.  If rock concerts and such can build ramps and steps, so can NFL or MLB. .....I say this is an option....Miami may be a one team only deal,  and NFL may want to watch out for Dolphins. ...You can bet Marlins already had Covid in Covid Miami before their road trip.  13 players tells you that.  Plus Miami is worst city in Covid in USA right now.

I'm sure NFL still plans on having a season and in the USA.

This is the same logic as "open up schools".

The hard part isn't opening up! The hard part is keeping the schools open!

Football isn't like baseball where 95% of the plays have NOBODY even close to one another (other than batter/catcher). Football isn't like soccer where 75% of the plays have nobody close to one another.

What would happen to the Bengals if 11 starters tested positive after the first game? They might have enough 2nd stringers to fill in, sure. But what if more became infected before the next game? At some point you'd need to forfeit a game or two. Could you even call a season legitimate if the two teams playing in the Super Bowl forfeited more games than they won?
(07-29-2020, 11:13 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: This is the same logic as "open up schools".

The hard part isn't opening up! The hard part is keeping the schools open!

Football isn't like baseball where 95% of the plays have NOBODY even close to one another (other than batter/catcher). Football isn't like soccer where 75% of the plays have nobody close to one another.

What would happen to the Bengals if 11 starters tested positive after the first game? They might have enough 2nd stringers to fill in, sure. But what if more became infected before the next game? At some point you'd need to forfeit a game or two. Could you even call a season legitimate if the two teams playing in the Super Bowl forfeited more games than they won?

Look, I'm commenting on a post SEASON IS ALREADY OVER.   I am not commenting on Republican vs Democrat of shut everything down or open everything up.  Nor am I commenting on schools. 

It's clear you didn't read my post, so I'll say it again.   I'm sure as of now The NFL still intends to have a season.   So to say the season is over is false or fake news,  unless some of you have sources showing The NFL & Bengals saying there will be no 2020 season. 

As to your last part on WHAT IF's...MLB Marlins have 13 players with Covid, but season is still going as of now...NO, these may not be like other years. Nothing is like other years. 2020 is Covid. Everybody is just doing the best they can and that includes NFL and MLB and NBA. ....NBA and NCAA already showed that if they have to stop the season, they can and will.

Players in any sport may need to stay out of their night clubs that are still OPEN. Those are probably more Covid riddled than open air playing field and may be where Miami Marlins got it, hitting South Beach night clubs. In past some Bengal players have hit the late night nudie bars, but this may not be the year for that. As of now, I haven't heard NFL Season cancelled.
1968 Bengal Fan
Unlike me to be the optimistic one on coronavirus, but I would say that there were also doomsayers early on in the soccer restarts. The NWSL had one entire team have to withdrawal due to players testing positive (Orlando), and MLS had two (Dallas and Nashville). The NWSL completed their tournament, and MLS has had zero positive cases for weeks.

Of course, they are both in bubbles. Like the NBA/NHL. Playing outside bubbles is MUCH trickier.

I'd reccommend regional bubbles. The NFL schedule lends itself to it. You play your own division twice and two other divisions once. I'd group those teams together in a bubble and play all those games.

Or maybe have 3 bubbles for each team.

1. Bubble 1: 1st round of division games + games vs opposite conference division.

Then take a break. Retest.

2. Bubble 2. Second round of division games + games vs division in your conference.

Take a break. Retest.

3. No bubble: the final games (two each?) on the schedule.

If these games cannot happen, you still got 12-14 games in. Do another bubble for each conference's POs.
(07-29-2020, 10:10 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: What are YOU talking about?  You come in here and dump on people and act like you know how they are.  You're off to a great start, I'm guessing your time here will be short if you slam veteran members this way.  I don't agree with everything everyone says, but there's a way to be respectful about it.  And you called a member "part of the problem".  Welcome to the board!  Whatever

He showed up just as another verteran member, who has a habit of being disagreeable, was suspended...... Wink
(07-29-2020, 12:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He showed up just as another verteran member, who has a habit of being disagreeable, was suspended...... Wink

He's been posting since Fred has returned.  Also, they write nothing alike.
LOL. Maybe they should just look at the science and make their decisions based off that.

The reality is that this virus causes very few, if any, issues for a vast majority of the people in the country. For those that are high risk or have underlying condistions, it can be an issue.

Almost every player in the NFL will have no issue with the virus, yet, we will shut down the country for it.

Play the games with no fans, tell the coaches and players that are high risk they can stay home or play. It's really not that hard.
(07-29-2020, 01:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: LOL.  Maybe they should just look at the science and make their decisions based off that.

The reality is that this virus causes very few, if any, issues for a vast majority of the people in the country.  For those that are high risk or have underlying condistions, it can be an issue.

Almost every player in the NFL will have no issue with the virus, yet, we will shut down the country for it.  

Play the games with no fans, tell the coaches and players that are high risk they can stay home or play.  It's really not that hard.

You are correct!!

Now get ready for some backlash from the fear mongers.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

They probably need to consider moving to states with low population densities and low rates of Covid 19. Pay colleges to use their stadiums on Sundays and televise the games from empty stadiums. Keep the players isolated as best they can. That way the NFL can still get their TV revenue if the NFLPA will agree.
(07-29-2020, 03:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: They probably need to consider moving to states with low population densities and low rates of Covid 19. Pay colleges to use their stadiums on Sundays and televise the games from empty stadiums. Keep the players isolated as best they can. That way the NFL can still get their TV revenue if the NFLPA will agree.

This seems like a very interesting idea.  Makes sense.   ThumbsUp
(07-29-2020, 01:49 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: LOL.  Maybe they should just look at the science and make their decisions based off that.

The reality is that this virus causes very few, if any, issues for a vast majority of the people in the country.  For those that are high risk or have underlying condistions, it can be an issue.

Play the games with no fans, tell the coaches and players that are high risk they can stay home or play.  It's really not that hard.

Completely agree Hammerstripes, well said.

(07-29-2020, 03:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: They probably need to consider moving to states with low population densities and low rates of Covid 19. Pay colleges to use their stadiums on Sundays and televise the games from empty stadiums. Keep the players isolated as best they can. That way the NFL can still get their TV revenue if the NFLPA will agree.

Fine with me.
(07-29-2020, 12:08 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: He's been posting since Fred has returned.  Also, they write nothing alike.

And no one could keep 2 accounts going..... Sad
(07-29-2020, 10:03 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Man.  You sure know a lot about people and you just joined this month?  Okay...

Long time lurker,  first time poster, lol
Go Benton Panthers!!
(07-28-2020, 02:57 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: I want to see football as much as anyone but its not gonna happen.

Marlins already have a major outbreak in baseball and it has already effected 3 teams.  It's not just the infections on one team.  Its the team they were playing.  

Now one team goes down and it screws the entire schedule.

Football will be even worse.   I'm just saying,  prepare yourself to be disappointed

You're very likely right unless they change up how the season will be played.

For example, the NBA is playing all games out of Orlando and no fans in the stands. They are essentially playing in a bubble.
For the NFL to have a better chance at playing games with lower risk, it may be wise for them to 1) shrink the season to fewer games (perhaps 8-10), restrict the number of teams playing against each other, and have those teams play at the same 1-2 stadiums the whole year with 0 fans at the stadium.

If precautions like this are not taken, there's a decent chance either the season is canceled and/or key players are not able to play, thereby affecting the product on the field.

How frustrated would you be if you are on the verge of making playoffs this year and then your star QB, WR, and RB all have to miss the next 2+ games due to the virus?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(07-29-2020, 11:28 AM)kevin Wrote: Look, I'm commenting on a post SEASON IS ALREADY OVER.   I am not commenting on Republican vs Democrat of shut everything down or open everything up.  Nor am I commenting on schools. 

It's clear you didn't read my post, so I'll say it again.   I'm sure as of now The NFL still intends to have a season.   So to say the season is over is false or fake news,  unless some of you have sources showing The NFL & Bengals saying there will be no 2020 season. 

As to your last part on WHAT IF's...MLB Marlins have 13 players with Covid, but season is still going as of now...NO, these may not be like other years. Nothing is like other years. 2020 is Covid.   Everybody is just doing the best they can and that includes NFL and MLB and NBA. ....NBA and NCAA already showed that if they have to stop the season, they can and will.

Players in any sport may need to stay out of their night clubs that are still OPEN.   Those are probably more Covid riddled than open air playing field and may be where Miami Marlins got it, hitting South Beach night clubs.  In past some Bengal players have hit the late night nudie bars, but this may not be the year for that.  As of now, I haven't heard NFL Season cancelled.

Evidently you DO NOT UNDERSTAND "inference".

The EASY PART is the NFL declaring "we're gonna have a full season". The HARD PART is actually having a full season.

Geez, of course the OPs statement that "THE SEASON IS ALREADY OVER" is "literally" untrue. Everybody on this board understood that ... EXCEPT YOU. Go drink a bleach martini to was down your HCQ pills.
(07-28-2020, 01:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: People are dying at a faster rate in the UK though, which is an odd circumstance.

I'd like to see a report that shows the total amount of test adminstered for each country.  Because that could go a long way in exlaining many of the numbers we see in these comparisons.  I can't put stock into postitive cases for the US vs others without knowing the amount of testing being done in each.