Poll: Hawks Game Ball
BOYD
FORD
WILSON
CTB
HUBBARD
OTHER
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle Game Game Ball
(10-15-2023, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cody Ford: Replaced Zeus and did fine

What a stat line!!
Reply/Quote
CTB. Told y’all he was only going to get better. He’s getting close to the upper level of corners. Saved us last two games.
Reply/Quote
CTB for sure.
Offense played a decent half of football then took the rest of the day off.

D was good “bend but don’t break”.
Honest question - is Logan Wilson having a bad year? And Pratt,too? They have some splash plays but down to down it seems like they are often out of position or missing tackles.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Defense bailing out Burrow again when it should be the run game helping matters. But no. Defense has to carry Burrow and the entire offense once again. They better figure out how to run the ball better.

With that said, give the ball to Lou Anorumo.

Passing was bad also³ from mid 2nd quarter to final..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:09 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Right lol.... if the TD wasn't attached to that stat line my thread may of been bumped up this week.

The Game Ball thread is rarely made up entirely of the guys who were actually the best players.  There's usually several choices who basically just played good compared to what they normally do.  The fact that Boyd even made the poll after that showing just goes to show how bad he's been.  
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, Chase should have probably been in the poll if you wanted to go with a WR. Even a “quiet” game for him was good for 80 yards.

Just want to make sure I'm clear. Yards trump TDs/Catches? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:09 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Right lol.... if the TD wasn't attached to that stat line my thread may of been bumped up this week.

2 true. If not for the teams high in TDs and catches; you woulda been dead on. 

Reply/Quote
Hendrickson had a good game today as well 3 TFLs and a sack!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just want to make sure I'm clear. Yards trump TDs/Catches? 

Boyd had one more catch and didn't even get 1/2 the yardage of our leading receiver. The guy didn't even have a catch that went for double digits yardage.  Really, none of our WR's deserved to be on the poll after today's outing, 
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:44 PM)J24 Wrote: Hendrickson  had a good game today as well 3 TFLs and a sack!

Trey definitely deserved to make the poll, at least.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:58 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boyd had one more catch and didn't even get 1/2 the yardage of our leading receiver. The guy didn't even have a catch that went for double digits yardage.  Really, none of our WR's deserved to be on the poll after today's outing, 

Perhaps not. But I try to include at least 1 player from each side of the ball. I chose the player that led the team in catches and TDs. 

Reply/Quote
CTB gets my vote. Hill an honorable mention.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps not. But I try to include at least 1 player from each side of the ball. I chose the player that led the team in catches and TDs. 

If I felt obligated to include an offensive player, it would probably be Burrow, who was on fire early.  

It especially feels strange that Irwin made the poll last week after 60 receiving yards in a game where the entire offense rolled, but Chase doesn't make it this week after getting 80 in a game where the offense could only muster 214 total yards.
Reply/Quote
CTB, of course.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Special Teams Tycen Anderson key tackles on punt returns needs mentioned

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 07:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: If I felt obligated to include an offensive player, it would probably be Burrow, who was on fire early.  

It especially feels strange that Irwin made the poll last week after 60 receiving yards in a game where the entire offense rolled, but Chase doesn't make it this week after getting 80 in a game where the offense could only muster 214 total yards.

Sure. 

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just want to make sure I'm clear. Yards trump TDs/Catches?

Boyd had 7 catches to Chase’s 6. But the latter had over twice the yards. He averaged 13.3 to Boyd’s 5.4. Everything about this offense is anemic right now other than 1.

Reply/Quote
I thought Reader looked really good out there today. He didnt have any recorded sacks, QB hits or tackles for loss but he was pushing his guy back in the pocket quite a bit and is a big part of why the defense did so well today.
Reply/Quote
CTB is that dude.
Reply/Quote