Poll: Hawks Game Ball
BOYD
FORD
WILSON
CTB
HUBBARD
OTHER
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle Game Game Ball
(10-15-2023, 07:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: If I felt obligated to include an offensive player, it would probably be Burrow, who was on fire early.  

It especially feels strange that Irwin made the poll last week after 60 receiving yards in a game where the entire offense rolled, but Chase doesn't make it this week after getting 80 in a game where the offense could only muster 214 total yards.

Burrow may have gotten the half time game ball but he was a big problem not a solution in the second half. No way does he deserve to be on there.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I usually don't comment on these, but I will say: One week after Tyler Boyd and Mike Hilton "are done" threads, both were instrumental to the win. Hilton's INT most likely the play that won the game.

I think as Burrow continues to get healthier and more into the flow of games, things for Boyd are going to open up. When he was hurt it was Basically the Burrow and Chase show. I know a lot of folks were looking for more from Boyd and I think they are going to get it from this point on. Especially with Tee really struggling.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 08:28 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I thought Reader looked really good out there today. He didnt have any recorded sacks, QB hits or tackles for loss but he was pushing his guy back in the pocket quite a bit and is a big part of why the defense did so well today.

Reader usually has at least 1 or 2 “holy shit” plays a game. Today was no different.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Easy choice for me.CTB
Reply/Quote
Might be the most lopsided game ball poll we’ve had since Burrow dropped 500 on Baltimore a couple years ago.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 10:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Might be the most lopsided game ball poll we’ve had since Burrow dropped 500 on Baltimore a couple years ago.

Pretty crazy it's this lopsided, and I even voted for CTB.  It wasn't even this lopsided when Chase set the franchise record for receptions in a game last week.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 09:40 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Burrow may have gotten the half time game ball but he was a big problem not a solution in the second half. No way does he deserve to be on there.

Boyd had one catch for 7 yards in the second half.  Going by second half performance, no player on offense would have made it into the poll at all.

Burrow had 148 passing yards at the half, close to on pace for a 300 yard game.  Boyd was never on pace to even sniff 100 receiving yards.

Should it be the best players, or the guys who overachieved versus lower expectations?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 09:40 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Burrow may have gotten the half time game ball but he was a big problem not a solution in the second half. No way does he deserve to be on there.

It's why we can't have nice things. Folks just like to disagree.

The truth is there is no way in hell anyone other than CTB was winning the poll this week. Not only did he have a good game, he made a great play, and stood up to the bully. But when I make these threads I like to include options from each side of the ball and often when a player who doesn't get named every week does something I like to include them.

Boyd had 7 catches on 7 targets and one TD. Now folks can say Chase was better because he had 6 catches on 13 targets for 80 yards and 0 TDs or JB was better for throwing for 185 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, and a passer rating of 88.5, but at the end of the day CTB was winning this week. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 09:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Reader usually has at least 1 or 2 “holy shit” plays a game. Today was no different.

BJ Hill spent a good amount of time in the backfield, causing chaos as well.  As you can see on the highlighted play, Seattle felt the need to put the double on BJ, leaving DJ able to take advantage of the one on one blocking.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Gotta be Cam. He just keeps getting better. Beautiful catch on the INT with a nice return. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 06:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was an absolute madman at the end of the game.

No doubt. Jumps offsides, he was in such a hurry, comes back the very next play with pressure again. He was en fuego at the end. He wasn't gonna be denied.

Reply/Quote

My thoughts too. He was way off target in the 2nd half. He also had some open receivers he didn't throw to. Boyd at the sticks when he went over the middle to Chase in coverage comes to mind.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: UGLY win but the boyz are back to .500 by handing SEA their 2nd loss of the season. So who we got with the Game Ball moving into the bye? Your choices:

Tyler Boyd: 7 catches, 1 TD

Cody Ford: Replaced Zeus and did fine

Logan Wilson: 10 tackles, 1 Sack

Cameron Taylor-Britt: 7 tackles, 1 INT, 3 PDs

Sam Hubbard: 7 tackles, 1 Game-ending Sack

I got CTB in this one if I have to pick one player, he had a tough matchup against DK and held his own for the most part while 
making key plays to help us get the win. Like you said, ugly win, but this is what you have to do when your starting LT goes out
and Burrow goes inaccurate in the 2nd half. Hubbard, Hendrickson, BJ Hill, Dax, Logan and Pratt played well.

Props to Cody Ford for not being terrible though.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: UGLY win but the boyz are back to .500 by handing SEA their 2nd loss of the season. So who we got with the Game Ball moving into the bye? Your choices:

Tyler Boyd: 7 catches, 1 TD

Cody Ford: Replaced Zeus and did fine

Logan Wilson: 10 tackles, 1 Sack

Cameron Taylor-Britt: 7 tackles, 1 INT, 3 PDs

Sam Hubbard: 7 tackles, 1 Game-ending Sack

I'm going with CTB but Ford definitely made me wonder, could he upgrade Volson at LG?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2023, 05:18 PM)pally Wrote: Zac gave a game ball to the defense as a whole

This would be my answer. I thought there were quite a few big plays on defense made by a variety of players. I wouldn't say one player had significantly more big plays than any other. 

Mike Hilton has a huge pick in the red zone to take points off the board.
Hubbard ends it with a sack.
Hendrickson had some big pressures.
Defense had good coverage in the red zone.
CTB had a big pick and run back to set up a field goal.
Big Field goal from 52 for McPherson to force Seattle to require a TD to win the game.

Defense gave up a good amount of yards but made the plays they needed to.

Defense won the game for us. 

Zac needs to do a better job of adjusting to the defense he's playing and scheming some guys open so the offense doesn't put so much pressure on the defense. Good first two drives of the game. Otherwise they couldn't move the ball.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 02:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952npcvy3ir8tj4kjxlwyd...w.gif&ct=g]

Ha ha, yeah, talk about a classless post from a Squawk fan lol  Hilarious

(10-16-2023, 02:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Held Geno to a QB rating of 77.6 and Walker to 62 yards (3.3 YPC). I wouldn't exactly say that was a scrubby ass defense.

True that, Walker is a stud as well. 

One of the best young RB's in the league along with Charbonnet who I was hoping we would draft.

The best Defenses bend but don't break, we saw 2 very good Defenses going at it yesterday and ours won out in the end.

(10-16-2023, 02:24 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: This would be my answer. I thought there were quite a few big plays on defense made by a variety of players. I wouldn't say one player had significantly more big plays than any other. 

Mike Hilton has a huge pick in the red zone to take points off the board.
Hubbard ends it with a sack.
Hendrickson had some big pressures.
Defense had good coverage in the red zone.
CTB had a big pick and run back to set up a field goal.
Big Field goal from 52 for McPherson to force Seattle to require a TD to win the game.

Defense gave up a good amount of yards but made the plays they needed to.

Defense won the game for us. 

Zac needs to do a better job of adjusting to the defense he's playing and scheming some guys open so the offense doesn't put so much pressure on the defense. Good first two drives of the game. Otherwise they couldn't move the ball.

Nice when you can throw around a lot of praise to a bunch of players. Our Offense needs to really improve over the bye
for us to make a run. Cannot put all that pressure on the Defense every week.
Reply/Quote
CTB on winning the Message Board Game Ball:

https://fb.watch/nJy0yXCIxZ/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Hilton.
Reply/Quote