Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seattle game gets tougher
Jadeveon Clowney has been traded to the Seahawks (3rd round pick and DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo, LB Jacob Martin from Seattle) pending physicals of all players involved. In the meantime, Cordy Glenn remains in the concussion protocol

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Somebody get Trent Williams on the horn!

Who the hell is supposed to block this guy?!
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Clowney has always done dick against us.

Not worried at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If he gets paid, he may go back to being lazy.
Reply/Quote
I was already plenty worried about the Seattle game. This doesn’t change much. Beating Russell Wilson on the road in one of the toughest stadiums in the league is a tall order for a young HC’s first win.

Reply/Quote
I have a bottle of wine on the line with a chick at work, she's a waterbird fan.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 01:29 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I have a bottle of wine on the line with a chick at work, she's a waterbird fan.

There seems to be a disproportionally high number of Seahawks fans here in my experience. It's weird and random.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 01:54 PM)NKURyan Wrote: There seems to be a disproportionally high number of Seahawks fans here in my experience. It's weird and random.

Idk, I kind of get it tbh. Wilson is probably the most likable of the “elite” QB’s, Pete Carroll is a great HC, their uniform are pretty slick, etc.

If I was to pick another team they’d be way up there.

Reply/Quote
Eh, the guy has averaged 7 sacks a year the last 4 years on a defense where JJ Watt draws all the attention of opposing offenses.
Reply/Quote
He will be at least on a snap count hasn't played or practiced all off season. Jarran Reed is also on a suspension and their first Rd pick is injured not sure if he will be able to play week 1.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 01:54 PM)NKURyan Wrote: There seems to be a disproportionally high number of Seahawks fans here in my experience. It's weird and random.

I live between Steelers and Browns fan territory and when the Seahawks were looking like a dynasty a few years back suddenly everyone around here had "totally had the Seahawks as their fav NFC team for years for serious, you guys." I get it, they are in the NFC and have a safe/christian QB and they were all about runnin' da bawww and playing that BIG D so many fans want. Such a shame New England crushed their dynasty, mwa ha ha!
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I live between Steelers and Browns fan territory and when the Seahawks were looking like a dynasty a few years back suddenly everyone around here had "totally had the Seahawks as their fav NFC team for years for serious, you guys."  I get it, they are in the NFC and have a safe/christian QB and they were all about runnin' da bawww and playing that BIG D so many fans want.  Such a shame New England crushed their dynasty, mwa ha ha!

Wasn't it more their offensive coordinator cost him the dynasty?
J24

Reply/Quote

I was born in Tacoma and moved from there a year before the Seahawks were formed. My mom is a huge fan. 

I always followed them until Pete Carrol came on board and drafted/signed all those assholes. I can't stand that guy, especially after all that Fail Mary BS with the replacement refs. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:23 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Wasn't it more their offensive coordinator cost him the dynasty?

Maybe.  We can can over this stuff forever but this and the Falcons not running the ball leading to them losing the SB are narratives that I find to be debatable.  In today's NFL having your top tier QB throw the ball is usually a pretty safe bet.  Wilson and Ryan were both at the top of their game and lord knows if you look at a WR funny the refs throw a flag for PI, so meh.  

That's just my take.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe.  We can can over this stuff forever but this and the Falcons not running the ball leading to them losing the SB are narratives that I find to be debatable.  In today's NFL having your top tier QB throw the ball is usually a pretty safe bet.  Wilson and Ryan were both at the top of their game and lord knows if you look at a WR funny the refs throw a flag for PI, so meh.  

That's just my take.

On the goal line though? When you have Beastmode...

Terrible call. One of the worst ever on the big stage like that.

Reply/Quote
Doesn't scare me, dude gets lazy and our pass protection has looked good all preseason.

Clowney has been underwhelming his entire career IMO.

Thought he would be much better than he has been. Dunlap is better than Clowney.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: On the goal line though? When you have Beastmode...

Terrible call. One of the worst ever on the big stage like that.

Maybe, but how often does letting Russel roll out and look for an open WR and then tuck and run work for them?  Lynch runs and you hope he doesn't get stuffed.  With Russel he can hit a WR legit for the TD, or run it in, or they get a PI if a WR is touched or they get a rouging the passer if Wilson himself is touched, and so on.  If you have a good QB you are rewarded for calling pass plays, it seems.

(08-31-2019, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Doesn't scare me, dude gets lazy and our pass protection has looked good all preseason.

Clowney has been underwhelming his entire career IMO.

Thought he would be much better than he has been. Dunlap is better than Clowney.

Clowney didn't live up to his draft status, but seeing him line up against our o-line does bring an element of uncertainty to things.  Maybe it'll be nothing.
Reply/Quote
If he signs the franchise tender as reported, he should at the very least be highly motivated this season.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 03:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe, but how often does letting Russel roll out and look for an open WR and then tuck and run work for them?  Lynch runs and you hope he doesn't get stuffed.  With Russel he can hit a WR legit for the TD, or run it in, or they get a PI if a WR is touched or they get a rouging the passer if Wilson himself is touched, and so on.  If you have a good QB you are rewarded for calling pass plays, it seems.

Clowney didn't live up to his draft status, but seeing him line up against our o-line does bring an element of uncertainty to things.  Maybe it'll be nothing.

Good thing he probably won't be able to play a full work load against us. No training camp or OTAs will at least slow him down. Also no Jarran Reed or there first Rd pick should help us.
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:05 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Eh, the guy has averaged 7 sacks a year the last 4 years on a defense where JJ Watt draws all the attention of opposing offenses.

JJ Watt missed huge chunks of some of those years though. I'm not sweating Clowney next week, but the guy isn't a scrub.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote