Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seibert?
Whats the deal with Seibert kicking and not Bullock? Is he injured or is this a try out for Seibert?
I got a little chuckle on Bengals website, it lists both these guys at 5-9 and about 210Lbs
Yea, maybe Seibert is...Id guess Bullock is at about 230#
Reply/Quote
Troy and Katie monitor the boards and desperately wanted to hear us ***** about a different kicker for a change.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 08:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Whats the deal with Seibert kicking and not Bullock? Is he injured or is this a try out for Seibert?
I got a little chuckle on Bengals website, it lists both these guys at 5-9 and about 210Lbs

Maybe because Fat Randy was shocking at his kicking lately and needed benched
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 08:55 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Whats the deal with Seibert kicking and not Bullock? Is he injured or is this a try out for Seibert?

Just a late season try out.  I'd say the Bengals are still keeping their options open on a permanent kicker.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 10:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just a late season try out.  I'd say the Bengals are still keeping their options open on a permanent kicker.

Dehner mentioned that Bullock will not be re-signed. Looks like Siebert will be competing with someone else next offseason.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Fat Randy ate Mike Browns "Special Wednesday Lunch" and was benched as a result. What was that special lunch you ask? Why it was Marvin Lewis weekly go by..... Tuna on rye.
Reply/Quote
Bullock is a choke artist.... But Seibert is not the answer.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Seibert didn't crumble when he had to get those points in. Bullock couldn't get it done since game 1. Kickers SHOULD be replace every 2 yrs by default.
Reply/Quote
2020 stats
Austin Seibert..........62.5 FG%.......88.9 XP%
Randy Bullock..........80.8 FG%......96.0 XP%

Guess which guy Bengal fanboys prefer?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 12:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 2020 stats
Austin Seibert..........62.5 FG%.......88.9 XP%
Randy Bullock..........80.8 FG%......96.0 XP%

Guess which guy Bengal fanboys prefer?

Well I am in Fat Randy's camp. I don't mind them upgrading, but Siebert ain't an upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 12:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well I am in Fat Randy's camp. I don't mind them upgrading, but Siebert ain't an upgrade.

they screwed the pooch yrs ago by letting the guy (Jake Elliot) they drafted thats now in Philly go. Randy edged him out that yr for the starting job. 
He turned out to be good kicker for Philly.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 09:40 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Seibert didn't crumble when he had to get those points in. Bullock couldn't get it done since game 1. Kickers SHOULD be replace every 2 yrs by default.

I don’t think the Ravens would be on board with this
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:12 PM)kalibengal Wrote: they screwed the pooch yrs ago by letting the guy (Jake Elliot) they drafted thats now in Philly go. Randy edged him out that yr for the starting job. 

No he didn't.  In fact he is one of the worst kickers in the league this year at just 73.7% on FGs and 91.7 on XPs.

Bullocks 5 year AVERAGE with the Bengals is 84.9% on FG and 95.4% on XPs.  In Elliott's entire career he has not had a SINGLE SEASON where he hit 84.9% of his FGs or 95.4% of his XPs
Reply/Quote
Seibert's basically playing for a job, as he has 2 more years on his contract. However, his contract has 0 dead cap.
Also looks like the team is ready to move on from Bullock too.

Hopefully, we see a new K with the Bengals next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Seibert's basically playing for a job, as he has 2 more years on his contract. However, his contract has 0 dead cap.
Also looks like the team is ready to move on from Bullock too.

Hopefully, we see a new K with the Bengals next year.

No worries - the top K in the draft will be available in the first round even if we win and pick 12th.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he didn't.  In fact he is one of the worst kickers in the league this year at just 73.7% on FGs and 91.7 on XPs.

Bullocks 5 year AVERAGE with the Bengals is 84.9% on FG and 95.4% on XPs.  In Elliott's entire career he has not had a SINGLE SEASON where he hit 84.9% of his FGs or 95.4% of his XPs

I would be interested to see the stats on clutch kicks made...
I doubt Ellliot ever pulled a fake cramp after missing a kick my daughter would make.  
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:12 PM)kalibengal Wrote: they screwed the pooch yrs ago by letting the guy (Jake Elliot) they drafted thats now in Philly go. Randy edged him out that yr for the starting job. 

They only screwed the pooch if by "screwing the pooch" you mean they gave the job to the guy who won the kicking competition in camp. If giving the best guy the position is "screwing the pooch" then I guess you're right.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:45 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I doubt Ellliot ever pulled a fake cramp after missing a kick my daughter would make.  

It was not a fake.  Before missing that kick Bullock was 5 of 6 in the final 2 minutes of a game for the Bengals.

Bullock is also 16-19 in the final 2 minutes of the first half as a Bengal with the misses coming from 53, 53, and 58.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:43 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: No worries - the top K in the draft will be available in the first round even if we win and pick 12th.

Have too many needs to waste a pick on a K unless we trade back to accumulate more picks.
K's are also cheap, so I think one should be picked up in FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote