Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self serve McDonald's .... Response to $15/hr
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4370126274001/former-mcdonalds-ceo-15-per-hour-will-destroy-franchising-/?playlist_id=trending#sp=show-clips

Benigans CEO says they won't use them but others are going towards this model .

Brings up the point that these franchises are small business owners. Not corporations and the raise the minimum wage crew does not seem to realize that they are hurting the little guy.
(07-29-2015, 05:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4370126274001/former-mcdonalds-ceo-15-per-hour-will-destroy-franchising-/?playlist_id=trending#sp=show-clips

Benigans CEO says they won't use them but others are going towards this model .  

Brings up the point that these franchises are small business owners.   Not corporations and the raise the minimum wage crew does not seem to realize that they are hurting the little guy.

Since you mention McDonald's:  Many are corporately owned.  Even the privately owned ones are under the corporation.

And Sheetz has had these for years.  Still need people to run the counter and make the food.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-29-2015, 05:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Since you mention McDonald's:  Many are corporately owned.  Even the privately owned ones are under the corporation.

And Sheetz has had these for years.  Still need people to run the counter and make the food.

Has anyone here invested into a fast food franchise or any franchise for that matter? I have always looked into it but the labour costs/upkeep always scared me off. Being even partially automated would be interesting.
Don't eat their garbage anyway.....and while I don't buy into the $15/hr minimum wage, if I did eat that shit, this would convince me to boycott.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-29-2015, 05:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Has anyone here invested into a fast food franchise or any franchise for that matter?   I have always looked into it but the labour costs/upkeep always scared me off.     Being even partially automated would be interesting.

I worked at one (McDonald's) that was privately owned (a franchise).  Our owner had four or five locations at the time.  After I left he sold three back to the coporation because they wouldn't let him do something...I can't remember what that was right now.

I enjoyed my time in fast food.  Pay was good for a teen and the hours were flexible.  As to the cost/upkeep all I know is they make money without much change in the operations.

Now the stores are much different than when I worked there 25 years ago so they HAVE upgraded equipment.  But it seems that they have fewer employees in the kitchen area now too so it must have offset.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-29-2015, 05:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: I worked at one (McDonald's) that was privately owned (a franchise).  Our owner had four or five locations at the time.  After I left he sold three back to the coporation because they wouldn't let him do something...I can't remember what that was right now.

I enjoyed my time in fast food.  Pay was good for a teen and the hours were flexible.  As to the cost/upkeep all I know is they make money without much change in the operations.

Now the stores are much different than when I worked there 25 years ago so they HAVE upgraded equipment.  But it seems that they have fewer employees in the kitchen area now too so it must have offset.

At one time a group and I were looking at getting a Tim Horton's
(07-29-2015, 05:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Since you mention McDonald's:  Many are corporately owned.  Even the privately owned ones are under the corporation.

I think a setup at McDonald's similar to Sheetz would be a good idea.  
(07-29-2015, 06:02 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think a setup at McDonald's similar to Sheetz would be a good idea.  

What is a sheetz?
A high class gas station chain basically. They have a sit in restaurant inside their stores. Customers place their order on a touch screen and use the number on their receipt to pick up their food. 2 cooks serve a ton of people in about the same time you sit at a drive-thru. It's not cookie cutter fast food that they can throw together without thinking either. They have sandwiches and burgers that makes it more like diner food than fast food.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(07-29-2015, 06:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What is a sheetz?

(07-29-2015, 06:52 PM)6andcounting Wrote: A high class gas station chain basically. They have a sit in restaurant inside their stores. Customers place their order on a touch screen and use the number on their receipt to pick up their food. 2 cooks serve a ton of people in about the same time you sit at a drive-thru. It's not cookie cutter fast food that they can throw together without thinking either. They have sandwiches and burgers that makes it more like diner food than fast food.

Not all of them have the sit down areas. They are actually getting away from that. But the MTO section is pretty decent and better than most fast food options. There is a big WaWa v. Sheetz thing here in Virginia. WaWa is further east of here and so in the Piedmont area you get both and there is serious competition. But Sheetz is a PA based company if I remember correctly.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Thanks guys. I like the idea.
For the most part, Sheetz is the same thing as Royal Farm or WaWa.

If I'm remembering the South (SC/GA/FL) correctly, it's like a Racetrac, but you can order more than just what you'd find at like a 7-11. There's all types of sandwiches you can customize, fries, chicken, hamburgers, etc. All of it is made behind the counter after you use the touch screen to order.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

So......when we replace everyone with machines, or cheap sweat shop labor.....who's gonna buy all of these goods? Machines don't eat, and slaves can't afford anything......

(07-29-2015, 07:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: For the most part, Sheetz is the same thing as Royal Farm or WaWa.

If I'm remembering the South (SC/GA/FL) correctly, it's like a Racetrac, but you can order more than just what you'd find at like a 7-11. There's all types of sandwiches you can customize, fries, chicken, hamburgers, etc. All of it is made behind the counter after you use the touch screen to order.

I haven't been to racetrack in so long maybe I will Have to stop by and check this out.

The vending machine type places is something I thought would take off.
(07-29-2015, 07:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: So......when we replace everyone with machines, or cheap sweat shop labor.....who's gonna buy all of these goods?  Machines don't eat, and slaves can't afford anything......

Unions will want a bailout.  
(07-29-2015, 06:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What is a sheetz?

It's what you have after you eat at McDonalds.
(07-29-2015, 07:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: So......when we replace everyone with machines, or cheap sweat shop labor.....who's gonna buy all of these goods?  Machines don't eat, and slaves can't afford anything......

They said the same thing during the industrial revolution. There'll always be jobs.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-29-2015, 08:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They said the same thing during the industrial revolution. There'll always be jobs.

The jobs will shrink as we make progress towards skynet.
(07-29-2015, 08:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They said the same thing during the industrial revolution. There'll always be jobs.

......they'll be there, but what will they pay? Let us not forget what kind of corruption came along with the Industrial Revolution......including a bought president.  Where would we have been without Teddy and those "evil unions"?

......and yes, I know even the unions are corrupt now Lucie......

(07-29-2015, 08:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......they'll be there, but what will they pay?  Let us not forget what kind of corruption came along with the Industrial Revolution......including a bought president.  Where would we have been without Teddy and those "evil unions"?

......and yes, I know even the unions are corrupt now Lucie......

Haha