Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self serve McDonald's .... Response to $15/hr
(07-30-2015, 10:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Except that is not a vending machine. You use it to make your selections, pay your money, and get a ticket. You then take the ticket directly to a cook who gives you a number. Once you food is ready your number is called (or displayed) and you go pick up your food. The method is in practice everywhere in Japan.   

Yes, let's take the vending machines in trendy areas and the assembly lines/ticket areas from lunch areas and just spread that over the entire Japanese dining culture.

Yup.

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-30-2015, 01:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Thanks mate!!!

No problem.
So you don't have to search, there is a 60+% profit margin.
(07-30-2015, 02:00 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: No problem.
So you don't have to search, there is a 60+% profit margin.

I saw that... Very interesting.

Wonder what the initial investment would be plus fees
(07-30-2015, 02:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I saw that... Very interesting.  

Wonder what the initial investment would be plus fees

Not sure.
I haven't gotten any further than the website, as I just purchased a new home and have been busy getting it squared away.
Rentals have been a little bit of a nuisance as of late, too.
I need to get my crap together....lol 

I am concerned about working with the distributors.
I'm sure there are some fees wrapped up there that are not disclosed.
(07-29-2015, 05:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Don't eat their garbage anyway.....and while I don't buy into the $15/hr minimum wage, if I did eat that shit, this would convince me to boycott.

I gradually stopped eating at McDonald's because it was crap. Then their prices went up, and I won't even go if I'm starving. If the prices come down due to automation, I'll probably start going again when I'm pressed for time. I also use the self-checkout because I see no reason to pay someone to do something I am willing and able to do myself. 

I bet every one of you still goes to self-service gas stations. Where was the outrage then?

(07-30-2015, 10:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: In a break from my usual stance, I think drive-thru workers should make $50 an hour.  That looks like the most awful job ever.

If misery justified a high salary, an E-1/2/3 in the Navy should be making millions. 
(07-30-2015, 11:58 AM)Benton Wrote: Yes, let's take the vending machines in trendy areas and the assembly lines/ticket areas from lunch areas and just spread that over the entire Japanese dining culture.

Yup.

Mellow

Not sure that it's our decision. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-30-2015, 03:41 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Not sure.
I haven't gotten any further than the website, as I just purchased a new home and have been busy getting it squared away.
Rentals have been a little bit of a nuisance as of late, too.
I need to get my crap together....lol 

I am concerned about working with the distributors.
I'm sure there are some fees wrapped up there that are not disclosed.

Yeah plus the cost of placement. And how they do territory.