Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self serve McDonald's .... Response to $15/hr
(07-29-2015, 07:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I haven't been to racetrack in so long maybe I will Have to stop by and check this out.    

The vending machine type places is something I thought would take off.

I've been looking into the stand alone pizza vending machines. Fresh pizza in 2.5 minutes and totally automated.
ThumbsUp
If I walk in a restaurant and a screen takes my order and money, I'll walk out. I dont do self checkout at the grocery. When my local WalMart went to having two lanes and 14 self checkout isles, I stopped going there. Rumors is, they're considering closing it now. I'm sure its all because of me.

McDonalds is having to change it's business model. I doubt this improves it. But the day of $1 garbage served by someone living in below poverty wages is spiraling to an end. Its not the 80s any more.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-29-2015, 09:09 PM)Benton Wrote: If I walk in a restaurant and a screen takes my order and money, I'll walk out. 

You would go pretty hungry in japan
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-29-2015, 08:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They said the same thing during the industrial revolution. There'll always be jobs.

And someone will be bitching that those jobs don't require any training so why should they get paid $15 an hour!!!  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-29-2015, 09:07 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I've been looking into the stand alone pizza vending machines. Fresh pizza in 2.5 minutes and totally automated.
ThumbsUp

This is interesting . Who does this?
(07-29-2015, 09:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You would go pretty hungry in japan
Conveyor belt food? Not a big deal and not the same as self checkouts.
(07-29-2015, 09:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is interesting .  Who does this?

I stay at Comfort Suites hotels pretty often for work, and they're in about half of them now.  Pay a few bucks, and you have a hot pizza coming out of a slot in just a few minutes.  

I was going to try one, twice, but both times, the vending machine was out of order.  I guess that's a bad sign.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-29-2015, 09:58 PM)Benton Wrote: Conveyor belt food? Not a big deal and not the same as self checkouts.

[Image: _image2_2_athF-w1409100794607.jpg]

(07-29-2015, 10:01 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I stay at Comfort Suites hotels pretty often for work, and they're in about half of them now.  Pay a few bucks, and you have a hot pizza coming out of a slot in just a few minutes.  

I was going to try one, twice, but both times, the vending machine was out of order.  I guess that's a bad sign.

Interesting . I will look this up.
(07-29-2015, 07:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not all of them have the sit down areas. They are actually getting away from that. But the MTO section is pretty decent and better than most fast food options. There is a big WaWa v. Sheetz thing here in Virginia. WaWa is further east of here and so in the Piedmont area you get both and there is serious competition. But Sheetz is a PA based company if I remember correctly.
I see like 30 MTO commercials everyday, so as far as I can tell it's still going strong. Out of the 4 Sheetz I know I think 3 have a seating area.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(07-29-2015, 07:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not all of them have the sit down areas. They are actually getting away from that. But the MTO section is pretty decent and better than most fast food options. There is a big WaWa v. Sheetz thing here in Virginia. WaWa is further east of here and so in the Piedmont area you get both and there is serious competition. But Sheetz is a PA based company if I remember correctly.

(07-29-2015, 10:13 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I see like 30 MTO commercials everyday, so as far as I can tell it's still going strong. There are only 4 Sheets I ever go to and I think they all have it.

All of them here is SW PA do...except one and they just bought a bunch of houses from behind their store and are building a newer, bigger building.  So they will probably add it too.  (Its the oldest store in our area right now.)
(07-29-2015, 10:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: All of them here is SW PA do...except one and they just bought a bunch of houses from behind their store and are building a newer, bigger building.  So they will probably add it too.  (Its the oldest store in our area right now.)

Interesting side note, the Sheetz in my hometown expanded by buying and leveling some old houses near it and they found a number of human skeletal limbs buried in the basement of one of the homes.
(07-29-2015, 10:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting side note, the Sheetz in my hometown expanded by buying and leveling some old houses near it and they found a number of human skeletal limbs buried in the basement of one of the homes.

Yes...interesting.  Confused
(07-29-2015, 09:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is interesting .  Who does this?

http://wonderpizzausa.com/
(07-30-2015, 12:08 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: http://wonderpizzausa.com/

Thanks mate!!!
(07-29-2015, 10:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: _image2_2_athF-w1409100794607.jpg]

I was in Japan this year and they have THE BEST vending machines ever.  And they are everywhere.  
In a break from my usual stance, I think drive-thru workers should make $50 an hour. That looks like the most awful job ever.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-29-2015, 10:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: _image2_2_athF-w1409100794607.jpg]

I grew up in hospitals and spent a lot of time working on the road, eating at rest stops. Food vending machines are nothing new and I've had more ham and cheese sandwiches dispensed by them than most people.

And it's still not an automated restaurant.
(07-30-2015, 10:23 AM)Benton Wrote: I grew up in hospitals and spent a lot of time working on the road, eating at rest stops. Food vending machines are nothing new and I've had more ham and cheese sandwiches dispensed by them than most people.

And it's still not an automated restaurant.

Except that is not a vending machine. You use it to make your selections, pay your money, and get a ticket. You then take the ticket directly to a cook who gives you a number. Once you food is ready your number is called (or displayed) and you go pick up your food. The method is in practice everywhere in Japan.   

(07-30-2015, 10:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Except that is not a vending machine. You use it to make your selections, pay your money, and get a ticket. You then take the ticket directly to a cook who gives you a number. Once you food is ready your number is called (or displayed) and you go pick up your food. The method is in practice everywhere in Japan.   

Well there are machines that have the food pre-made in it around here.  Hospitals are where I've mainly seen them.  Sandwiches, desserts, maybe a salad.