Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Send Jacksen Packing
(01-09-2022, 01:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That's so Andy Dalton

I swear this is Bengal related.  You just have to watch a minute.

I think about this song and video weekly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(01-09-2022, 01:56 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think about this song and video weekly.

I don't think of it that often, but it will NEVER leave my memory.  The first time I watched it I saw "Andy Dalton" in the title but I thought it must be some singer/musician Andy Dalton.  When I saw all the Bengal jerseys I was like "What the f*#k is going on here."  

Rare that I get a syrup reference that justifies posting it.
(01-09-2022, 01:10 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope to never see another Ced. 

Me either Cards, me either. Andy shoulda sued em for criminal negligence.

"Better send those refunds..."

Great news OP, Jacksen Carmen is not on the team and never has been.

Dude has a lot of upside. I would love to see him focus heavily on balance and footwork in the offseason. I've never seen an offensive lineman on the ground as often, and he even does this on plays where he blocks effectively. His college tape, where he was very successful, is full of it too. Carman has massive upside at guard if he is willing to put the work in. Perhaps yoga would be a good idea.

“bUt CuT hIM”

(01-08-2022, 01:43 AM)samhain Wrote: Willie Anderson was fat for literally his entire career.  I guess we should have cut him.

His glorious belly could block a rhino. 
(01-11-2022, 11:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
“bUt CuT hIM”

Send Jackson packen. He’s not going to pan out. I can tell.
(01-08-2022, 12:59 AM)samhain Wrote: Too much size and athleticism there.  He's obviously not giving them what I'd want to get out of a second round OL on a OL starved roster, but he's also not Jordan or Redmond.  He gets a little time.  He guarded the blindside for the premier prospect in all of college football and did it very well.  I think he's worth trying to develop.

My biggest worry with him his his history of back injuries.

If anyone heard one of the "Locked on Bengals" podcasts earlier this year where Mike Sandino (I think) aka Bengal Sands, breaks down the game with the guys after watching the all 22.  He said that Carman, when he has his hands on a guy, is one of the strongest drivers in the entire league.  He criticized mostly a hand technique that they are likely trying to coach out of him where he reverts back to at times.

I know the OP was likely hammered and blurry, but Carman still has a chance to develop in to a top tier player.  

For those on here scoffing at me, I would welcome you to go back in time (or just do some internet searches) on the early days of Andrew Whitworth, who is an absolute HOF player.  He was hardly a force when he came out as an early 2nd rounder. 

Lastly, as far as calling a guard fat....look at the best guards in the league.  They are massive and can still move.  They aren't wearing any swim suit competitions any time soon.  It is about ability, not appearances.  
(01-12-2022, 08:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If anyone heard one of the "Locked on Bengals" podcasts earlier this year where Mike Sandino (I think) aka Bengal Sands, breaks down the game with the guys after watching the all 22.  He said that Carman, when he has his hands on a guy, is one of the strongest drivers in the entire league.  He criticized mostly a hand technique that they are likely trying to coach out of him where he reverts back to at times.

I know the OP was likely hammered and blurry, but Carman still has a chance to develop in to a top tier player.  

For those on here scoffing at me, I would welcome you to go back in time (or just do some internet searches) on the early days of Andrew Whitworth, who is an absolute HOF player.  He was hardly a force when he came out as an early 2nd rounder. 

Lastly, as far as calling a guard fat....look at the best guards in the league.  They are massive and can still move.  They aren't wearing any swim suit competitions any time soon.  It is about ability, not appearances.  

I think Carman will develop into one of the better guards in the league. It's just going to take a while.
(01-12-2022, 08:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: For those on here scoffing at me, I would welcome you to go back in time (or just do some internet searches) on the early days of Andrew Whitworth, who is an absolute HOF player.  He was hardly a force when he came out as an early 2nd rounder. 

Clint Boling also struggled when forced to start as a rookie.
(01-12-2022, 08:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If anyone heard one of the "Locked on Bengals" podcasts earlier this year where Mike Sandino (I think) aka Bengal Sands, breaks down the game with the guys after watching the all 22.  He said that Carman, when he has his hands on a guy, is one of the strongest drivers in the entire league.  He criticized mostly a hand technique that they are likely trying to coach out of him where he reverts back to at times.

Mike Santagata and Bengals_sans Wink

Whitworth was fine coming out, he just struggled at LG 'cause he wasn't the greatest puller at guard and he had the horrible MNF game against Freeney at LT, so people wrote him off as, "he struggled," "he should be moved to G {WHERE HE WAS WORSE} or RT," or the common one (due to Freeney), "he can't handle speed rushers!" which I had to debunk on here a few weeks ago (thus people still think it so).

He wasn't the player he became, out of the gate, but he wasn't this struggling, fringe player like many claim him to be.

And he put on weight because he had back surgery and couldn't move for a couple of months. This has been established since July and people only continue on with it due to that stupid hearsay report of him, "spending time at bars instead of getting in shape."

People have made it to try and make him fail, since he wasn't one of the, "name," OL in the draft, so they are doing everything they can to tear him down.

If he was the worst player on this team, week in, week out, they may have something, but not only has he flashed, he has put together a few good games overall.

I think he'll be starting RG, beginning next year and if they can't re-sign Spain, he goes to LG (until 2 weeks ago, I never would've even thought that was possible).

(01-12-2022, 10:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Clint Boling also struggled when forced to start as a rookie.

Correct; he did report to camp, IIRC (may be wrong on this) at 290/295 pounds and everyone said he needed to bulk up for a year, only playing due to Bobbie's... suspension I think (could've been injured too, but it's sticking in my mind that he was suspended). Once he had a year in the system, he got up to his playing weight of 305-310 and that's where he remained for the rest of his career, where he was consistently top 5 at his position, in the conference (and many times, top 5 in the entire league).
(01-09-2022, 01:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That's so Andy Dalton

I swear this is Bengal related.  You just have to watch a minute.

Wow. Just wow, lol
(01-08-2022, 02:36 AM)TheFan Wrote: We win a few games and all of a sudden these people with the worst takes start coming out of the floor boards.
Yeah.. probably one of those Facebook/Meta fans that just keep posting about how bad the Bengals are.. and we need to take their word, because they have been a fan for 13 months.. 

Can we just throw a can of SPAM at them... It would be a lot more satisfying then actually throwing them out of the group/forum for spamming... ThumbsUp
(01-12-2022, 11:54 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Wow. Just wow, lol

I've had the chorus stuck in my head since I watched it this morning LOL

It's... out there lol, but catchy and just a great memory of the early 2010s :)
(01-09-2022, 04:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: Me either Cards, me either. Andy shoulda sued em for criminal negligence.

I despised that pick from the moment they made it.  

I respect Paul Alexander as a OL guru for his entire body of work.  he gets judged harshly for how things ended here and his closeness to the ownership.  Regardless, the dude was a genius when it came to grooming OL for a long time.  

However, I'll still never understand how a guy that groomed monster tackles like Anderson, Whitworth and Smith up and decided to start drafting power forwards instead of offensive linemen to re-shape a philosophy that had been working for him for a very long time.  

That draft was key in killing this team for more than half a decade.  It's not Bill Walsh to the Niners level history-altering, but it's impact was still disastrous for a really long time.  Hell, they still haven't gotten to the point where the line is even playing at an acceptable level since.  

People (self included) blame Troy Blackburn for letting Whit walk and view it as the end of the OL in the Marvin era, but in reality nobody would have been nearly as upset if Ced or Fisher would have been even decent replacements.  They had a contingency plan for replacing Whit.  Unfortunately it was a really bad one.
(01-12-2022, 11:04 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mike Santagata and Bengals_sans Wink

Whitworth was fine coming out, he just struggled at LG 'cause he wasn't the greatest puller at guard and he had the horrible MNF game against Freeney at LT, so people wrote him off as, "he struggled," "he should be moved to G {WHERE HE WAS WORSE} or RT," or the common one (due to Freeney), "he can't handle speed rushers!" which I had to debunk on here a few weeks ago (thus people still think it so).

He wasn't the player he became, out of the gate, but he wasn't this struggling, fringe player like many claim him to be.

And he put on weight because he had back surgery and couldn't move for a couple of months. This has been established since July and people only continue on with it due to that stupid hearsay report of him, "spending time at bars instead of getting in shape."

People have made it to try and make him fail, since he wasn't one of the, "name," OL in the draft, so they are doing everything they can to tear him down.

If he was the worst player on this team, week in, week out, they may have something, but not only has he flashed, he has put together a few good games overall.

I think he'll be starting RG, beginning next year and if they can't re-sign Spain, he goes to LG (until 2 weeks ago, I never would've even thought that was possible).

Correct; he did report to camp, IIRC (may be wrong on this) at 290/295 pounds and everyone said he needed to bulk up for a year, only playing due to Bobbie's... suspension I think (could've been injured too, but it's sticking in my mind that he was suspended). Once he had a year in the system, he got up to his playing weight of 305-310 and that's where he remained for the rest of his career, where he was consistently top 5 at his position, in the conference (and many times, top 5 in the entire league).

Boling played because Travelle Wharton got hurt IIRC.  They signed Wharton to start and I don't think he ever played a regular season down.
(01-12-2022, 12:14 PM)samhain Wrote: Boling played because Travelle Wharton got hurt IIRC.  They signed Wharton to start and I don't think he ever played a regular season down.

In 2012, yes. Boling was (apparently) seen as the 6th OL, since he played all over the line at Georgia.

Wharton got hurt against... I want to say the Jets in the PS, but can't remember the opponent. It happened right away, I remember I was at work on break and they turned the channel to NFL Network, as the game was on. Saw him get hurt and he was done for the year.

Boling filled in and asserted his dominance LOL

Thinking back, the Jets game may have been in '14 when Hopkins got hurt (his first year in the league), but I may be misremembering on that as well.
I get I'm not in the meetings everyday but Jackson Carman has shown more on the field at RG than Hakeem Adeniji. Carman is alot better pass blocker than Adeniji and is starting to become more consistent as a run blocker.

The offseason will be be big for Jackson Carman. If he comes into training camp lean and ready to play I can easily see him becoming a force on the right side.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(01-12-2022, 11:04 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Mike Santagata and Bengals_sans Wink

I remember that Whit didn't get the job at tackle until he was 27 years old.  Carman is, what, 21?