Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Send Jacksen Packing
(08-27-2022, 10:36 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I'm a better judge of player ability than you, if the last few years are any indicator.

I'm also gonna point out that i've never called you out our name during our contentious convos over the years. Ima ask you one time to give me the same courtesy. 

You're bad at just admitting when you're just wrong on certain things. I'm referring to two diff plays on the second thing you quoted. Be better.

Whenever people throw out unnecessary/inaccurate/inflammatory insults, I just reply back; that's been my shtick for over a decade.

And you weren't accurate; the "Carman-hater," side hasn't called this battle fairly down the line since the beginning and that has included the beat reporters and local media.

Again, you can't pull on a pass play, so that wasn't a whiff on a pull that went for a sack.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(08-27-2022, 10:29 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You're a trash poster.

You're awful.

Really no need for that..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-27-2022, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He had some bad reps in the 1st half as well, but he clearly wore down as the game went on. Conditioning could be an issue early on in the season until he gets used to playing a full NFL game.

He’s still shown more than Carman, though. I’d be very surprised if he’s not the week 1 starter.

Taylor just confirmed that Volson is the starter in post-game interviews, because Volson has shown more consistency.

Paul Dehner Jr. on Twitter: "Zac Taylor on starting LG Cordell Volson: “I see steady improvement. He’s consistent. We know what we are getting out of him.” Consistency, reliability were what set him apart in winning this gig." / Twitter
What's sad is how long it took me to realize this thread was old....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-27-2022, 10:36 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I'm a better judge of player ability than you, if the last few years are any indicator.

I'm also gonna point out that i've never called you out our name during our contentious convos over the years. Ima ask you one time to give me the same courtesy. 

You're bad at just admitting when you're just wrong on certain things. I'm referring to two diff plays on the second thing you quoted. Be better.

As the creator of a thread calling for a player to be cut before the season is over and then bumping it yourself to try swinging your e-pen around, you're clearly a fully objective unbiased evaluator. 

No one is saying Carmen is amazing or even good but your take is as trash as you think his play is. Just say you don't like Carmen and nothing will change your opinion. 
(08-27-2022, 10:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Whenever people throw out unnecessary/inaccurate/inflammatory insults, I just reply back; that's been my shtick for over a decade.

And you weren't accurate; the "Carman-hater," side hasn't called this battle fairly down the line since the beginning and that has included the beat reporters and local media.

Again, you can't pull on a pass play, so that wasn't a whiff on a pull that went for a sack.

If you feel the need to insult someone personally because they're making crude remarks about another player's performace.

Yeah dude, sounds like a personal problem.

Step away for a bit and get some air, no cap. 
(08-27-2022, 10:42 PM)TheFan Wrote: As the creator of a thread calling for a player to be cut before the season is over and then bumping it yourself to try swinging your e-pen around, you're clearly a fully objective unbiased evaluator. 

No one is saying Carmen is amazing or even good but your take is as trash as you think his play is. Just say you don't like Carmen and nothing will change your opinion. 

What has Jackson done to possibly change his opinion?

Unless Carman is showing a poor attitude with the coaches I can’t see him getting cut. The Oline backups are thin as is.
Be thankful they drafted a starter in the 4th. Volson didn’t back into the job, he earned it starting with OTA’s into last weeks game.
What more can we ask for?
(08-27-2022, 10:45 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Unless Carman is showing a poor attitude with the coaches I can’t see him getting cut. The Oline backups are thin as is.
Be thankful they drafted a starter in the 4th. Volson didn’t back into the job, he earned it starting with OTA’s into last weeks game.
What more can we ask for?

Jackson got hurt and then covid. I'm not saying Volson didn't or wouldn't have earned the job but that certainly made a huge difference. 
I think Volson has looked better than Carman but both have problems. Both could turn out to be good NFL linemen but right now I dont believe either one is ready. The team would be much better off signing a good free agent like Ereck Flowers or someone else of that caliber or better. If the Bengals roll with Volson or Carman, you can expect issues from that LG position this year.
(08-27-2022, 10:48 PM)TheFan Wrote: Jackson got hurt and then covid. I'm not saying Volson didn't or wouldn't have earned the job but that certainly made a huge difference. 

Volson has performed noticably better despite being in the NFL for less time and seeing less stiff competition while at NDSU.

What more proof do you need man?
(08-27-2022, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What has Jackson done to possibly change his opinion?

Jackson has shown to be a good run blocker. His pass blocking has continued to be poor but for a player so young it would be stupid to give up on him. Again, I'm not saying he should be starting over Volson (I dont think either should be) but he's still 2 years younger. 
(08-27-2022, 10:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Whenever people throw out unnecessary/inaccurate/inflammatory insults, I just reply back; that's been my shtick for over a decade.

Why can’t you pull on a pass play? I don’t know that I’d recommend it, but I don’t know any rule that would stop you.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Pardon my lack of knowledge here, but is Spain still available?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-27-2022, 10:53 PM)TheFan Wrote: Jackson has shown to be a good run blocker. His pass blocking has continued to be poor but for a player so young it would be stupid to give up on him. Again, I'm not saying he should be starting over Volson (I dont think either should be) but he's still 2 years younger. 

Jackson Carman is not getting cut, but I don't know what "giving up on him" means. Should we start him, bench him, PS him?

For me: Give me Quinton Spain, try to make JC a RT and let Volston be a back up 

(08-27-2022, 10:51 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Volson has performed noticably better despite being in the NFL for less time and seeing less stiff competition while at NDSU.

What more proof do you need man?

You're basing that on 1 game. In Carmans 1st game, against starters the entire time, he posted a 68.8 pff grade for pass blocking and was our best blocker. Obviously from there it went downhill.

We have no idea if Volson will continue to play okay or if he will have the same struggles. We've already seen him not be able to string 2 good halves together.