Poll: Are you embarrassed for voting for or supporting Trump?
This poll is closed.
Yes
27.27%
3 27.27%
No
54.55%
6 54.55%
Not quite yet
0%
0 0%
Embarrassed about what?
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Serious Question for Trump voters/supporters. Are you embarrassed by anything yet?
Seriously.

Have any of you reconsidered your vote/support?

Or at least shook your head in surprise or amazement at how Trump acts and "governs"?

Edit: Post is anonymous. No one will know how you voted.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Not a Trump supporter, but I was an Obama supporter. I can admit he was a huge mistake and I regret voting for him. His dropping support of the public option right after a meeting with Big Pharma and his escalation of wars in the Middle East were the absolute opposite of his campaign promises.
(07-31-2017, 04:33 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Not a Trump supporter, but I was an Obama supporter. I can admit he was a huge mistake and I regret voting for him. His dropping support of the public option right after a meeting with Big Pharma and his escalation of wars in the Middle East were the absolute opposite of his campaign promises.

Excellent! I too did not like our path in the ME.  In fact, going back further, I voted for GWB the first time...but his engagement in Iraq soured me very quickly.

However I think that the ACA, despite the givebacks, was a good starting point.
Lucie and Bfine are both restricted from P&R, leaving like 2 Trump voters in P&R. Do we really need a poll for ~2 people? Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I'm not a Trump supporter.  At all.  Can I still vote? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(07-31-2017, 05:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Lucie and Bfine are both restricted from P&R, leaving like 2 Trump voters in P&R. Do we really need a poll for ~2 people? Lol

That is why the poll is anonymous.  I bet there are more than 2, but they not be posting.

(07-31-2017, 05:36 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm not a Trump supporter.  At all.  Can I still vote? 

I'd rather you did not...lol.
(07-31-2017, 05:36 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm not a Trump supporter.  At all.  Can I still vote? 

(07-31-2017, 05:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: That is why the poll is anonymous.  I bet there are more than 2, but they not be posting.

I'd rather you did not...lol.

This is what I think will be more likely, GMD. Maybe my count of 2 might be off and there's 2-3 more lurking somewhere quietly. Much more likely that non-Trump voters will vote on this, though.

Should be interesting either way, I guess.. just wanted to raise my doubt of validity if we see more than like 4 votes. Lol

Still 42 months to go !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Nothing that has happened in the last 190 plus days is surprising. If they weren't embarrassed to support him while he campaigned, I fail to see why they would be embarrassed now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-31-2017, 05:48 PM)jason Wrote: Nothing that has happened in the last 190 plus days is surprising. If they weren't embarrassed to support him while he campaigned, I fail to see why they would be embarrassed now.

Right?

It's not like Trump has been coy about being an asshat.
(07-31-2017, 05:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This is what I think will be more likely, GMD. Maybe my count of 2 might be off and there's 2-3 more lurking somewhere quietly. Much more likely that non-Trump voters will vote on this, though.

Should be interesting either way, I guess.. just wanted to raise my doubt of validity if we see more than like 4 votes. Lol

I guess some may vote who knew better back in November, but we shall see.

(07-31-2017, 05:46 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Still 42 months to go !

Maybe.  Ninja

(07-31-2017, 05:48 PM)jason Wrote: Nothing that has happened in the last 190 plus days is surprising. If they weren't embarrassed to support him while he campaigned, I fail to see why they would be embarrassed now.

(07-31-2017, 05:52 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Right?

It's not like Trump has been coy about being an asshat.

And yet I am surrounded on line by people who do not believe any of it.  Fake news!  Witch hunt!  

People who simply refuse to acknowledge reality but rather claim it's all just an ideological attack.  As if Trump has stuck to any particular ideology short of pretending he's running his business still.
(07-31-2017, 05:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess some may vote who knew better back in November, but we shall see.

Maybe.  Ninja

And yet I am surrounded on line by people who do not believe any of it.  Fake news!  Witch hunt!  

People who simply refuse to acknowledge reality but rather claim it's all just an ideological attack.  As if Trump has stuck to any particular ideology short of pretending he's running his business still.

I'm surrounded by them in my line of work. I don't talk to them about it much. I shake my head, roll my eyes, I smirk. My best guess is they just buy the fake news bit. People in general seem to be looking more for affirmation than information. It doesn't help when reputable news sources have to retract a story in their rush to be first. Trump pounces on it, and his supporters now have their proof that the witch-hunt narrative is true. To them, the establishment is trying to undermine the outsider. I just see incompetence.

Personally I think the guy's a joke, and has been since at least the late 80's. I find it maddening to follow his administration's day to day bungling. I just sit back and wait for him to go away.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-31-2017, 05:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Lucie and Bfine are both restricted from P&R, leaving like 2 Trump voters in P&R. Do we really need a poll for ~2 people? Lol

bfine didn't vote for Trump either.

Some voices said he will grow personally, it comes with the job. Some believed in better health care with coverage for all for a fraction of the cost or all the other demagogry. Those are the ones who should be disappointed around now. Embarrassed, if you will, although no one should feel that way for an honest error of judgment, we all had those I guess.

When Trumpism light hit my country and came to govern, it took people about a year of chaos and broken utopian promises to get real (which they did), so there should be "hope". Though it did help that we have more but one influential political alternative. My guess would be that many stick to Trump no matter what, with all denial tactics necessary, because the alternative could only be siding with liberals. (This was my monthly rant against the two-party system, to be repeated in September.)

PS I know there are libertarians too. That as far as I can tell pretty much get excluded from public perception. How do libertarians feel about Trump?
(07-31-2017, 06:49 PM)hollodero Wrote: bfine didn't vote for Trump either.

- - - - - - - - -

Some voices said he will grow personally, it comes with the job. Some believed in better health care with coverage for all for a fraction of the cost or all the other demagogry. Those are the ones who should be disappointed around now. Embarrassed, if you will, although no one should feel that way for an honest error of judgment, we all had those I guess.

When Trumpism light hit my country and came to govern, it took people about a year of chaos and broken utopian promises to get real (which they did), so there should be "hope". Though it did help that we have more but one influential political alternative. My guess would be that many stick to Trump no matter what, with all denial tactics necessary, because the alternative could only be siding with liberals. (This was my monthly rant against the two-party system, to be repeated in September.)

- - - - - - - - - -

PS I know there are libertarians too. That as far as I can tell pretty much get excluded from public perception. How do libertarians feel about Trump?

Ah, didn't know about bfine either way.

- - - - - -

If it took people about a year, wouldn't that mean it's not Trumpism? Wouldn't that mean it's whatever you had ism? We've only had Trump as President for a little over 6 months.

- - - - - -

Can't speak for others, but I see him as just more or less the norm. Sure he is just more open and brash about his lying and shitty dealings. People like to treat his every action like the world is ending, but not a whole lot has really truly changed here. Not happy with him as President, but I am not picking up a pitchfork or a torch. There's things I don't like that he's doing (civil forfeiture, net neutrality), and things I do like that he's doing (getting rid of some useless agencies, cutting back spending on some things, though I wish it would be actually cut back instead of just moving to defense budget, the market keeps doing record setting highs despite doomsday predictions of it crashing if he got elected).

Good stuff, bad stuff, political stuff, corruption stuff. As I said, more or less the norm, just with a louder exterior.

(07-31-2017, 06:49 PM)hollodero Wrote: bfine didn't vote for Trump either.

I truly feel that we are at the crossroads in this country. The two party system isn't cutting it anymore. People like my dad who know better voted for Trump because the guy they liked lost in the primaries, and for one reason or another they just couldn't stand Hillary Clinton. There seems to be unending gridlock in our federal government. It trickles down, and the rest of us just lob insults like libtard, snowflake, and republic***t at each other on line. It was amusing at first, but I've grown tired of it.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-31-2017, 06:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ah, didn't know about bfine either way.

- - - - - -

If it took people about a year, wouldn't that mean it's not Trumpism? Wouldn't that mean it's whatever you had ism? We've only had Trump as President for a little over 6 months.

Right wing populism...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
I voted for Trump and still would. What have the Dems done to change my mind except not accept the election results.
(07-31-2017, 07:00 PM)jason Wrote: Right wing populism...

ThumbsUp that's the word (I learned "alt-right" is not the correct translation). American politics always were quite different, but "Trumpism" has quite the similarities to right wing populism a la LePen Wilders Farage et al. Feels like home a bit.

(07-31-2017, 06:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Can't speak for others, but I see him as just more or less the norm. Sure he is just more open and brash about his lying and shitty dealings. People like to treat his every action like the world is ending, but not a whole lot has really truly changed here. Not happy with him as President, but I am not picking up a pitchfork or a torch. There's things I don't like that he's doing (civil forfeiture, net neutrality), and things I do like that he's doing (getting rid of some useless agencies, cutting back spending on some things, though I wish it would be actually cut back instead of just moving to defense budget, the market keeps doing record setting highs despite doomsday predictions of it crashing if he got elected).

Good stuff, bad stuff, political stuff, corruption stuff. As I said, more or less the norm, just with a louder exterior.

I disagree on that one. This crusade against the media is something else, this fake news accusation for quite un-fake reports, this blaming everyone and calling everyone names, all that. Former presidents and politicians all around the western world sure are flawed, but that open aim for divisiveness is something else, and I feel it's quite important to state that this is indeed not the norm. As are things like rallying in front of kids, the utter lies and the extent of exaggeration, the loyalty demands, the authoritarian impulses, the nepotism, etc. etc. This is not the norm. Not even mentioning the world stage here, the Russian angle, which I think is devastating. Or the chaos in the admin, or the business connections, or or or. You might disagree - but then again, Obama sure was flawed too, but just compare the twitter feeds of those two. One is spirited and uplifting, the other is destructive and stirring up hatred and mistrust Hannity-style. Politics based on hate, mistrust, conspiracy. That's how I see it.

The market's reaction, this is a point for your view for sure. This one I can't quite explain. Guess markets are cynical.

(07-31-2017, 06:59 PM)jason Wrote: I truly feel that we are at the crossroads in this country. The two party system isn't cutting it anymore. People like my dad who know better voted for Trump because the guy they liked lost in the primaries, and for one reason or another they just couldn't stand Hillary Clinton. There seems to be unending gridlock in our federal government. It trickles down, and the rest of us just lob insults like libtard, snowflake, and republic***t at each other on line. It was amusing at first, but I've grown tired of it.

Yeah the discourse is quite amazing for a stranger's eyes. We sure aren't angels either, but this hatred people on boards like FOX and Breitbart express is hard to read.
And from the outside I share your crossroads sentiment. That's one of the things I don't get. The cry for a fundamental change in the political system, in my view, should be way louder, at least when two such unpopular candidates face each other. But there's nothing, just the camps battling each other. Meanwhile half the people do not vote any more. Astonishing and a problem, it seems to me, that gets widely neglected. Ah well, I shouldn't babble.
I think Trump's the greatest troll in history.
(07-31-2017, 07:42 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I think Trump's the greatest troll in history.

I think Drumph himself said that he was the second best, next to Lincoln. ThumbsUp