Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sewell Day.....
Quite the ringing endorsement from his HC. 

The broad jump was it for me.  I'm sold.  If Sewell is there at 5, he is a sprint to the podium kind of prospect.
Reply/Quote
They say a picture is worth a thousand words..  In a word, the man just looks...  Powerful

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 07:07 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Quite the ringing endorsement from his HC. 

The broad jump was it for me.  I'm sold.  If Sewell is there at 5, he is a sprint to the podium kind of prospect.

Cristobal is also an OL guy. He was the OL coach at Alabama before heading to Oregon. Ringing endorsement indeed.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 07:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They say a picture is worth a thousand words..  In a word, the man just looks...  Powerful
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1055]

*Record scratch*

*freeze frame*

"Yep, that's me.  You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation at 19....  Well, I'm 6'5 and 330lbs and I move like a sports car and hit like a truck"  Hilarious

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I'm gathering that he could very well be the guy we draft. Especially if his persona is the way his HC describes. ZT puts a lot of stock into that. His numbers look solid for a man of his size. He just has badass blocker written all over him.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 07:28 PM)Burma Wrote: *Record scratch*

*freeze frame*

"Yep, that's me.  You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation at 19....  Well, I'm 6'5 and 330lbs and I move like a sports car and hit like a truck"  Hilarious

He's obviously playing through a thumb injury in his Left hand, in that game.  They have the thumb jammed in with his forefinger in that glove, to prevent it from getting extended.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 07:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They say a picture is worth a thousand words..  In a word, the man just looks...  Powerful

That looks great, thanks.

Every ~October I ask myself how much combine/pro day performance matters to me then. And every year I remind myself that it doesn't and promise not to get so mikemamula'd the next March/April.

Yet every March/April I get tricked into taking it seriously again. I can't be saved lol.

I'm glad Penei's pro day is over and now we can turn to his future as a football player, hopefully in stripes. 
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 07:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's obviously playing through a thumb injury in his Left hand, in that game.  They have the thumb jammed in with his forefinger in that glove, to prevent it from getting extended.

There is a lot to like in that pic.  Good knee bend,ass low, and weight over his feet.  Thighs like tree trunks to boot.

Sure I wish he would have moved like Slater did at his pro day, but he's just a different build and for that build he moved damn well.

Synric mentioned it in another thread and I was thinking it as well, I wish he would have ran some reps with Kayvon Thibodeaux rushing. Probably against the rules, but would have been great to see.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 07:38 PM)Burma Wrote: There is a lot to like in that pic.  Good knee bend,ass low, and weight over his feet.  Thighs like tree trunks to boot.

Sure I wish he would have moved like Slater did at his pro day, but he's just a different build and for that build he moved damn well.

Synric mentioned it in another thread and I was thinking it as well, I wish he would have ran some reps with Kayvon Thibodeaux rushing.  Probably against the rules, but would have been great to see.

I'm pretty convinced that the only reason that Sewell and Slater are in the same draft pick conversation, is because Sewell elected to sit out 2020.  Had Sewell played, and demonstrated his further development, the separation between the two would be as it was previously.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 07:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm pretty convinced that the only reason that Sewell and Slater are in the same draft pick conversation, is because Sewell elected to sit out 2020.  Had Sewell played, and demonstrated his further development, the separation between the two would be as it was previously.

To be fair, Slater sat out 2020 as well.

If Sewell had showed improvement in 2020 I agree it would have distanced himself from Slater more though.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 07:38 PM)Burma Wrote: There is a lot to like in that pic.  Good knee bend,ass low, and weight over his feet.  Thighs like tree trunks to boot.

Synric mentioned it in another thread and I was thinking it as well, I wish he would have ran some reps with Kayvon Thibodeaux rushing.  Probably against the rules, but would have been great to see.

Sewell is 20 years old and benched 30 reps. What did Slater do?

I will take the bigger, athletic 20 year old at #5 all day long. I love Chase and I love Pitts, but everything starts in the trenches. Jonah and Sewell could be the best tandem tackle combo by 2022 and then for a very long time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 08:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sewell is 20 years old and benched 30 reps. What did Slater do?

I will take the bigger, athletic 20 year old at #5 all day long. I love Chase and I love Pitts, but everything starts in the trenches. Jonah and Sewell could be the best tandem tackle combo by 2022 and then for a very long time.

I wonder if the athletic testing is going to open up any additional Sewell vs Slater talk.

As you said Sewell benched 30 reps. Slater benched 33 reps.

Sewell's RAS - 9.08
Slater's RAS - 9.71

Sewell - RAS Information (relativeathleticscores.com)

Slater - RAS Information (relativeathleticscores.com)
Reply/Quote
So fair to say kind of a mixed bag today?

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 08:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So fair to say kind of a mixed bag today?

Not a mixed bag, at all.  Either you want a Tackle or you want a target.  As for me, I want a Tackle, so I'm pulling for Sewell or Slater.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Penei pro day interview
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 07:26 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Cristobal is also an OL guy. He was the OL coach at Alabama before heading to Oregon. Ringing endorsement indeed.

What did he say
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 08:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What did he say

He said that Sewell was not only the best OL he has ever been around, but the best player he has ever been around.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 08:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not a mixed bag, at all.  Either you want a Tackle or you want a target.  As for me, I want a Tackle, so I'm pulling for Sewell or Slater.

If Bengals want the best 2021 player, they take Slater. If the want the guy who be better by 2022 and beyond, they pick Sewell. Just my opinion, but Slater seems more ready now, but upside of Sewell is off the charts.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 09:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Bengals want the best 2021 player, they take Slater. If the want the guy who be better by 2022 and beyond, they pick Sewell. Just my opinion, bt Slater seems more ready now, but upside of Sewell is off the charts.

Yeah, I'm sure that Slater trained arduously for these tests, and Maui just got off of the couch and did it.  Ninja

But seriously, Sewell is the best option for the Bengals, going forward.  The fact that both Sewell and Slater were able to score so highly, after a year off is outstanding in itself.  The fact that one was slightly higher in scoring is negligible.  I prefer Sewell as a Tackle, but would not be pissed if the team went Slater for same.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 08:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not a mixed bag, at all.  Either you want a Tackle or you want a target.  As for me, I want a Tackle, so I'm pulling for Sewell or Slater.

Exactly. It it's Sewell, Slater, or even a move back for Darrisaw. 

Reply/Quote