Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sewell Day.....
(04-02-2021, 08:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not a mixed bag, at all.  Either you want a Tackle or you want a target.  As for me, I want a Tackle, so I'm pulling for Sewell or Slater.

How was it not a mixed bag? He certainly didn’t have as impressive of a pro day as guys like Chase and Pitts. Sewell’s was kind of just...fine? Didn’t wow like those two did though.

Regardless of what position you want idk how anyone could say it’s an easy decision at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He did well, all for Sewell or Chase unless Pitts gets past the Falcons.

Sewell served himself well. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 10:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How was it not a mixed bag? He certainly didn’t have as impressive of a pro day as guys like Chase and Pitts. Sewell’s was kind of just...fine? Didn’t wow like those two did though.

Regardless of what position you want idk how anyone could say it’s an easy decision at this point.

Penei Sewell's testing wasn't extraordinary like promised but he did test well and the tape still says top 10 pick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 10:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Penei Sewell's testing wasn't extraordinary like promised but he did test well and the tape still says top 10 pick.

Yes, and we love Pitts. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 10:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Penei Sewell's testing wasn't extraordinary like promised but he did test well and the tape still says top 10 pick.

The bold is really all I was pointing out. And yes he’s absolutely a top 10 pick.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 10:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How was it not a mixed bag? He certainly didn’t have as impressive of a pro day as guys like Chase and Pitts. Sewell’s was kind of just...fine? Didn’t wow like those two did though.

Sewel did very very well.  His athletics metrics ranked 105th out of 1131 OT from 1987 to 2021 (top 9%).

Sure it wasn't a top 1% metric finish like Chase, but it was still great.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 06:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, while some are attempting to downplay Sewell's physical performance attributes, it's good to put it into relativity.  Sewell moves quite well for a big man.

Sewell is a stud. Plain and simple. 

If AJ Green was still AJ Green, we wouldn't be having this conversation (Civil War). 

Knowing that Chase and Pitts are also going to be on the board for us, this is going to be an insanely difficult choice for our organization.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Sewell did not disappoint.. im sure the Bengals will be very happy if he falls to #5...
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2021, 05:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If Tra Deback is there I’m going that route

Is he related to Tre D'itformohrpikz?
Reply/Quote
Not sure if it was reported elsewhere, but apparently some guy named Frank Pollack ran Sewell through his position drills.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 12:14 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not sure if it was reported elsewhere, but apparently some guy named Frank Pollack ran Sewell through his position drills.

Taylor, Tobin, and Pollack all being there certainly means they’re highly interested. What surprised me was we didn’t have anyone at Northwestern for Slater.

I think it really is between Chase and Sewell at this point. Might come down to how they interview if the FO has them rated closely enough.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 12:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Taylor, Tobin, and Pollack all being there certainly means they’re highly interested. What surprised me was we didn’t have anyone at Northwestern for Slater.

I think it really is between Chase and Sewell at this point. Might come down to how they interview if the FO has them rated closely enough.

It was reported they had an OL coach at Slater pro day but didnt day it if was Pollack or Martin.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 12:22 AM)Synric Wrote: It was reported they had an OL coach at Slater pro day but didnt day it if was Pollack or Martin.

Ah interesting. I thought I saw we didn’t send anyone.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 12:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Taylor, Tobin, and Pollack all being there certainly means they’re highly interested. What surprised me was we didn’t have anyone at Northwestern for Slater.

No one at the Northwestern day?

That is just terrible management... well that is just so Bengals. 

However, I think you are right, but I would add Pitts to the conversation since Zac was there for that day. 

How many pre-draft interviews are they allowed in this Covid environment?

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 12:22 AM)Synric Wrote: It was reported they had an OL coach at Slater pro day but didnt day it if was Pollack or Martin.

Good that they had someone there to watch.

Figure if New England comes calling for #5 with 4 or 5 draft picks as the offer, you have to really think about it, and then you are in range of all kinds of new prospects including Slater.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 12:12 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Is he related to Tre D'itformohrpikz?

Yea it’s something weird like 1st 2nd and 3rd cousins involved and somehow a future 1st cousin.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 12:52 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Good that they had someone there to watch.

Figure if New England comes calling for #5 with 4 or 5 draft picks as the offer, you have to really think about it, and then you are in range of all kinds of new prospects including Slater.

Slater won't make it to #15 in my opinion. Chargers will grab him or someone else.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 12:52 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Good that they had someone there to watch.

Are you now going to retract/edit your previous post thrashing FO?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 09:47 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Slater won't make it to #15 in my opinion. Chargers will grab him or someone else.

I agree. I think if they want Slater, they can't trade down further than 8 or 9. 
Reply/Quote
Falcons Front Office were are Penei Sewell's Pro Day and have met with him virtually. So it seems they have interest him him along with Kyle Pitts.

Reply/Quote