Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sewell vs Chase Civil War
First nothing against Pike but when im listening to Pike vs Anderson, I listening to a ok QB vs a HOF lineman and Anderson just crushed it..

Also Pike missed tape of Burrow I guess from last year.. Burrow actually held the ball longer than getting the ball out even with we did spread the defense, his strength is being accurate not quick release like Dalton... and we did go empty at times and Def got pressure....

Finally what also protects a QB is a good running game.. please explain how Chase adds to our running game over Sewelll....? DONE...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good post Nate, as usual. Your last point doesn’t seem to be brought up enough around here. Yes we’re in a division with a bunch of great pass rushers (Watt, Garrett, Clowney, etc), but do you know who else we’re in a division with? Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, Denzel Ward, Minkah Fitzpatrick...

I’d like to be able to actually score some points against these guys.

No shit Nicomo, no shit.

(04-15-2021, 07:44 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Good teams like the Ravens would never draft a receiver in the top 5.   I wish we had a GM that could build a team the right way.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Good teams don't pick in the top 5.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I find the thought of not looking at the Draft as a whole ridiculous myself. Would be happy as could be with Sewell but who knows 
if he gets our QB injured? We don't know how he is going to adapt to the NFL, he dominated at Oregon. 

Chase and Pitts dominated in the SEC.

Our 2 stud Receivers couldn't get open against our top rivals last year. This is a very deep Draft for OL. Look at the Draft as a whole 
for heck sake man.

Yeah there are 7 rounds and we have an extra pick in the 5th or 6th. Have to look at it as a whole. Im leaning Sewell but wont be upset even at all if we draft Chase and still grab an OL or 2 later. I've gone back and forth between those 2 and Pitts for weeks now. All of those 3 guys are going to be studs in the NFL. I'm just more old school. I'm a run and stop the run guy and always will be. Would love to see us put together one of the best OL's in the league for Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: First nothing against Pike but when im listening to Pike vs Anderson, I listening to a ok QB vs a HOF lineman and Anderson just crushed it..

Also Pike missed tape of Burrow I guess from last year.. Burrow actually held the ball longer than getting the ball out even with we did spread the defense,  his strength is being accurate not quick release like Dalton... and we did go empty at times and Def got pressure....

Finally what also protects a QB is a good running game.. please explain how Chase adds to our running game over Sewelll....?  DONE...

Of course Willie makes sense and I completely agree with him.

Chase, Meinerz and Jackson Carman sure would add to our running game... DONE...
Reply/Quote
Well crap, Nicomo quoted me and I cant find it....
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:49 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Yeah there are 7 rounds and we have an extra pick in the 5th or 6th. Have to look at it as a whole. Im leaning Sewell but wont be upset even at all if we draft Chase and still grab an OL or 2 later. I've gone back and forth between those 2 and Pitts for weeks now. All of those 3 guys are going to be studs in the NFL. I'm just more old school. I'm a run and stop the run guy and always will be. Would love to see us put together one of the best OL's in the league for Burrow. 

Yes, you and I are the same. It isn't as easy as JUST TAKE SEWELL duh...

Lots of ways to go about it to hopefully create one of the best OL's in the league for Burrow.

Even if we take Pitts or Chase.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No shit Nicomo, no shit.

You’re on it today lol.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No shit Nicomo, no shit.

Nate knocking it out of the park today.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, you and I are the same. It isn't as easy as JUST TAKE SEWELL duh...

Lots of ways to go about it to hopefully create one of the best OL's in the league for Burrow.

Its definitely not easy. I mean if I were Tobin its probably who I'd take, but its really a tough tough call when it comes down to it. And you're right there are many ways to put together a great OL. Despite the draft, there are always good players let go after the draft anyway. I'm not ruling out bringing in another solid vet for the OL post June 1st. The more competition the more depth. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Of course Willie makes sense and I completely agree with him.

Yep. And having a guy like Chase that defenses won’t be able to stack the box against will absolutely help the running game.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Of course Willie makes sense and I completely agree with him.

Going to need a new coach too that doesn't want to throw the ball 50 times a game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Going to need a new coach too that doesn't want to throw the ball 50 times a game.

We need a new coach regardless who we draft.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:56 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Its definitely not easy. I mean if I were Tobin its probably who I'd take, but its really a tough tough call when it comes down to it. And you're right there are many ways to put together a great OL. Despite the draft, there are always good players let go after the draft anyway. I'm not ruling out bringing in another solid vet for the OL post June 1st. The more competition the more depth. 

Plus we could Draft 3 or 4 Lineman after Chase who sounds like the pick with this deep class and find studs.

(04-15-2021, 07:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. And having a guy like Chase that defenses won’t be able to stack the box against will absolutely help the running game.

So true. Have to have a good O-line for the running game and good WR's that scare teams to help it out so they cannot
just stack the box to stop the run. Can't be one dimensional. Love Boyd and Higgins but need some quicks and speed.

Chase brings this in a deep OL class, couldn't get any better for us. Don't waste it. And I would love Sewell as I have to 
keep saying for some odd reason. Would be extremely happy with Sewell.

(04-15-2021, 07:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Going to need a new coach too that doesn't want to throw the ball 50 times a game.

Yeah, thats just stupid. Burrow has his best games throwing around 30-35 times.

(04-15-2021, 07:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We need a new coach regardless who we draft.

Probably, he needs make the Playoffs this year and get a win for me to want him back and look good doing it.
Reply/Quote
This is ZT's last season if there is not significant improvement. I like how active we have been in FA the last couple years. We had a very good draft last year and should have another this year. Time for it to show on the field. If not, then I will thank him for leaving our new HC stacked with talent as he goes back to being a position coach somewhere in the world.
Reply/Quote

Knees?  He don't need no stinkin' knees!

He gonna need a new arm with the Zac attack offense!!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good post Nate, as usual. Your last point doesn’t seem to be brought up enough around here. Yes we’re in a division with a bunch of great pass rushers (Watt, Garrett, Clowney, etc), but do you know who else we’re in a division with? Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, Denzel Ward, Minkah Fitzpatrick...

I’d like to be able to actually score some points against these guys.

You know what would really free them up?  A threat in the middle of the field like Pitts.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Chase is anything special they say receivers are generational talents every year, besides he could be Jerry Rice and it won't matter with our dysfunctional offensive line. Teams won't fear him because he won't have time to get open. Even if he is great it won't matter, did you all see what happened to KC in the Super Bowl when they had offensive line injuries? The best QB in football didn't stand a chance without an offensive line. Do you think losing their top receiver would have had the same impact?
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:29 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: I don't think Chase is anything special they say receivers are generational talents every year, besides he could be Jerry Rice and it won't matter with our dysfunctional offensive line.  Teams won't fear him because he won't have time to get open.  Even if he is great it won't matter, did you all see what happened to KC in the Super Bowl when they had offensive line injuries?  The best QB in football didn't stand a chance without an offensive line.  Do you think losing their top receiver would have had the same impact?

This is one of the things I've pondered that lead me leaning more Sewell. Watching Mahomes run for his life against the Bucs. But there are solid points on all sides of this debate. There are both other OLmen and other WR's in the draft that would improve the team besides Sewell or Chase. Either way, we will end up with a very fine player at #5. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You know what would really free them up?  A threat in the middle of the field like Pitts.

I honestly have no idea why they don’t seem to be considering Pitts.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:29 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: I don't think Chase is anything special they say receivers are generational talents every year, besides he could be Jerry Rice and it won't matter with our dysfunctional offensive line. Teams won't fear him because he won't have time to get open. Even if he is great it won't matter, did you all see what happened to KC in the Super Bowl when they had offensive line injuries? The best QB in football didn't stand a chance without an offensive line. Do you think losing their top receiver would have had the same impact?

There’s people who’s opinions I respect that are firmly against drafting Chase (because they want Sewell) and then there’s something like this...

“Best WR prospect since Julio”

Set SEC records for Yards and TD’s at 19. NINETEEN.

9.9 RAS

Yeah, “nothing special” LOL

Reply/Quote