Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sewell vs Chase Civil War
(04-15-2021, 08:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You know what would really free them up?  A threat in the middle of the field like Pitts.

actually a running game would do more freeing up.. we have the RB.. not the line... a strong RB game will keep pressure off Burrow and we might not have to throw so much with lowers risk of injury.. but if organization goes Chase or Pitts I will hope for the best... in the end we will have added more players around Burrow   he will have Boyd, Higgins and Mixon if we add Chase or Pitts this will  potentially give him a better cast we have had since 2005 so we will really be able to measure Burrow this season if he stays healthy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 09:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s people who’s opinions I respect that are firmly against drafting Chase (because they want Sewell) and then there’s something like this...

“Best WR prospect since Julio”

Set SEC records for Yards and TD’s at 19. NINETEEN.

9.81 RAS

Yeah, “nothing special” LOL

I would rather take my chances and get the next Anthony Munoz or Willy Anderson than have the next Julio Jones.  Great offensive line makes a great team.  I guarantee you this we won't have a great QB for long if we leave him behind this line a couple more years.  He will be begging to get out of Cincy. I could care less if he is the next great receiver it will not make us a better team with this sad excuse of an offensive line we have had for the last 5+ years.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 10:33 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: I would rather take my chances and get the next Anthony Munoz or Willy Anderson than have the next Julio Jones.  Great offensive line makes a great team.  I guarantee you this we won't have a great QB for long if we leave him behind this line a couple more years.  He will be begging to get out of Cincy. I could care less if he is the next great receiver it will not make us a better team with this sad excuse of an offensive line we have had for the last 5+ years.

Good thing literally no one is advocating that.

Reply/Quote
Man, feel like everyone's down to trading blows already. Hope we can be friends after April 29th.

You know, we could do the lazy thing and just trade back 3 spots, pick up a 3rd rounder, and just take the remainder of Chase, Pitts, Sewell.

... btw pst Sewell
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 10:58 PM)Yogo Wrote: Man, feel like everyone's down to trading blows already.  Hope we can be friends after April 29th.

You know, we could do the lazy thing and just trade back 3 spots, pick up a 3rd rounder, and just take the remainder of Chase, Pitts, Sewell.

... btw pst Sewell

Its the most debatable draft we've had maybe ever. But its sad if fans take things like this stuff so personally they cant be friends and get along. Hopefully none of that happens. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 09:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s people who’s opinions I respect that are firmly against drafting Chase (because they want Sewell) and then there’s something like this...

“Best WR prospect since Julio”

Set SEC records for Yards and TD’s at 19. NINETEEN.

9.81 RAS

Yeah, “nothing special” LOL

I will say this and yes I'm team Sewell but yes I will still pull for Chase if he is the pick.

Every year we get told this player is the best since blah..blah..blah.

Literally last year, it was Burrow is the best QB to come out since Luck and... Herbert matched him.

This year, it's already out there multiple times, Lawrence is the best QB since Luck... so we skipped over Burrow and Herbert.

Last year they were comparing Jerry Jeudy to Julio Jones, it's just what the draft people do to get clicks and we all buy into it and go into a frenzy over this guy or that guy.

Reality. Chase will be good, Sewell will be good, Pitts will good. Of the three, I would say Pitts will be the best at this position from this draft in 5 years but even he might be surpassed by someone.. just not sure who.

Sewell might be outperformed by Slater or Darrisaw or Cosmi.

Chase might be outperformed by Marshall Jr, or Waddle or Dyami Brown (The legend grows)

It's literally a crap shot. Chase could blow out his knee week one of the pre-season and be the next Ki-Jana Carter just as quick as he could be the next Jones.

The reason I've downplayed him is just seeing guys who have a ton of upside in later rounds and feeling OL is in a worse spot.

Team Chase people are the exact opposite. They see tons of upside in OL guys in later rounds and think the WR group is worse then the OL group.

It's all subjective and the real truth, NO ONE on this board has a clue how it will go. We have opinions and beliefs from what we see and read, but if any of us got it right every time, we wouldn't be on a message board debating, we'd be working for some NFL team, Network, etc...

I feel like that is what is getting lost in the grand debate. No one is actually wrong. It is literally how they view the team, the prospects and the greater need. Willing to bet most teams big boards are similar but they certainly will have different grades on different guys.

Personally, I like Cosmi or Cartman as Day 2 OL guys but would not want to see Leatherwood, or Jenkins here. Again, I might be wrong on all four, might be right, it's just based off what I've seen and read. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Also... I know the RAS score is a big thing... but I wanted to share these gems I found..

[Image: D9MAxNZW4AA3Psc.png]

[Image: EEQo6w3XYAokifi.png]

The numbers aren't always right.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 10:58 PM)Yogo Wrote: Man, feel like everyone's down to trading blows already.  Hope we can be friends after April 29th.

It'll be fine then because 50-100% of the board will want to kill the FO, and will forget about the family spats here.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 02:31 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Also... I know the RAS score is a big thing... but I wanted to share these gems I found..

[Image: D9MAxNZW4AA3Psc.png]

[Image: EEQo6w3XYAokifi.png]

The numbers aren't always right.

Well, the numbers are certainly “right” they just aren’t always indicative of future success. But if Sewell’s was better (8.98) I guarantee you would be pumping it. Tongue

Also, I would hope even the biggest Sewell guys would be able to admit his pro day (while good) didn’t exactly match all the “generational” start working on his bust for Canton level hype he had surrounding him beforehand.

Reply/Quote
I actually had Chase’s wrong btw. It’s even higher than I thought.

Reply/Quote
And here’s Sewell’s for anyone interested.

Reply/Quote
So Chase is the 27th highest WR since 1987, compared to Sewell for OT at 117.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 03:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, the numbers are certainly “right” they just aren’t always indicative of future success. But if Sewell’s was better (8.98) I guarantee you would be pumping it. Tongue

Also, I would hope even the biggest Sewell guys would be able to admit his pro day (while good) didn’t exactly match all the “generational” start working on his bust for Canton level hype he had surrounding him beforehand.

Eh... I really don't buy into the numbers. They are another tool but far from accurate projections as you said. If a guy bombs the combine after years of good tape, he's still a workhorse on the field. Meanwhile workout warriors like John Ross can really elevate themselves too far. 

I'm with you 100% on the pro day from Sewell was solid but nothing earth shattering. I still think he's better then anything we have on the line currently and by a good amount, but time will tell. 

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 03:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So Chase is the 27th highest WR since 1987, compared to Sewell for OT at 117.

Here's Spencer Brown from Northern Iowa

[Image: spencer-brown-ras.jpg]

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/scouting-reports/spencerbrown-2

Probably not going to go first round though.....  Mellow Mellow Mellow

Reply/Quote
And just for fun.

The best WR in the class and no his name is NOT Ja'Marr Chase.

https://relativeathleticscores.com/ras-information/?PlayerID=19160

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 03:29 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Here's Spencer Brown from Northern Iowa

[Image: spencer-brown-ras.jpg]

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/scouting-reports/spencerbrown-2

Probably not going to go first round though.....  Mellow Mellow Mellow

I know he had some struggles early on at the Senior Bowl, but that’s one impressive specimen of a man right there.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 03:36 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And just for fun.

The best WR in the class and no his name is NOT Ja'Marr Chase.

https://relativeathleticscores.com/ras-information/?PlayerID=19160

Obviously no one is advocating just taking the guys with the highest scores, but when they also have the tape, production, and record setting seasons to back it up...

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 03:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know he had some struggles early on at the Senior Bowl, but that’s one impressive specimen of a man right there.

Yes he is, and he'll probably be a 4th rounder much like the best WR in the class Jacob Harris who is projected as a 7th rounder or UDFA.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 03:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Obviously no one is advocating just taking the guys with the highest scores, but when they also have the tape, production, and record setting seasons to back it up...

I know... but my point was simply to show why I don't get all excited for these scores.

I mean, Willie Anderson's score basically shows he shouldn't have been drafted.

There is so much to look at with any prospect and a big part of that, we don't see since the real splitting of hairs is in the one on one interviews where you can get a feel for what the guy is actually like and how hard he's going to work and how bad he wants it.

This can happen to Chase, Sewell or Pitts, they've been so good for so long, that going to a losing team and adversity might be new to them. Do they have what it takes to actually fight through it. That you just can't judge.

Oh and for the record, I'm now in on Jacob Harris in the 7th. Damn his game tape is fun to watch.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 03:42 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yes he is, and he'll probably be a 4th rounder much like the best WR in the class Jacob Harris who is projected as a 7th rounder or UDFA.

Not really seeing your point here. Chase has the Biletnikoff award, and all the crazy production (in the SEC and playoffs) to go along with the fantastic athletic numbers. It’s the whole package. He’s not just some random player who is a physical freak.

Reply/Quote