Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sewell vs Chase Civil War
Dane Brugler came out with his full 7 round mock but I can only find the first 4 picks ( I only subscribed to download his Draft guide this year lol.)

1. Ja'Marr Chase
2. Landon Dickerson
3. Milton Williams
4. Joshua Kaindoh

I'm a huge fan of Landon Dickerson. I know his injury history scares people away and that's why he slips to the second round in the mock draft, but Dickerson was in convos as the best offensive lineman in 2020 and is drawing comparisons to Frank Ragnow.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m not really familiar with Kaindoh, but I’d be very happy with those first 3 picks.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 10:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not really familiar with Kaindoh, but I’d be very happy with those first 3 picks.

Joshua Kaindoh is just another very highly recruited guy that went to Florida State and never developed like Marvin Wilson and Janarius Robinson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm starting to become a huge fan of RB Michael Carter in the 3rd to replace Gio. Baller, fast, can catch and block and breakaway speed. Huge weapon for this offense.
Reply/Quote
Former Bengal TIM McGee had some strong words about the Sewell vs Chase debate.

“If they don’t draft an offensive lineman, they should draft a quarterback because they’re going to need multiple quarterbacks who can shuffle in between Christ hospital. In the Bengals case, it was scary what we were seeing. We were like they’re going to get Joe Burrow hurt, he’s going to get killed. The average and below average fans, a third grader was saying the same thing. Low and behold when he gets hurt, none of us are surprised. We are all disappointed and we are pissed because we knew this would happen.”

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/4/15/22383940/bengals-draft-2021-tim-mcgee-nfl-news-cincinnati-oregon-ducks-penei-sewell
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 10:16 AM)Synric Wrote: Dane Brugler came out with his full 7 round mock but I can only find the first 4 picks ( I only subscribed to download his Draft guide this year lol.)

1. Ja'Marr Chase
2. Landon Dickerson
3. Milton Williams
4. Joshua Kaindoh

I'm a huge fan of Landon Dickerson. I know his injury history scares people away and that's why he slips to the second round in the mock draft, but Dickerson was in convos as the best offensive lineman in 2020 and is drawing comparisons to Frank Ragnow.

Fast-Foward to 2021-2022 Offseason:
"Those were just bad luck injuries that Williams, Dickerson, XSF, and subsequently Burrow got. They'll all be back and healthy for the 2022 season and everything will be fine. I certainly don't feel like we're in some kind of Groundhog Day loop."

If you get a guy who's ended 4 of the last 5 seasons hurt, just don't act surprised when he gets hurt again. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 12:40 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Former Bengal Tony McGee had some strong words about the Sewell vs Chase debate.

“If they don’t draft an offensive lineman, they should draft a quarterback because they’re going to need multiple quarterbacks who can shuffle in between Christ hospital. In the Bengals case, it was scary what we were seeing. We were like they’re going to get Joe Burrow hurt, he’s going to get killed. The average and below average fans, a third grader was saying the same thing. Low and behold when he gets hurt, none of us are surprised. We are all disappointed and we are pissed because we knew this would happen.”

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/4/15/22383940/bengals-draft-2021-tim-mcgee-nfl-news-cincinnati-oregon-ducks-penei-sewell

Tim McGee.

I haven't seen much on him, but Tony McGee seems much more-reserved, humble and less of a dick than Tim, who comes off as angry or with a stick up his ass, in every interview.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 01:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Tim McGee.

I haven't seen much on him, but Tony McGee seems much more-reserved, humble and less of a dick than Tim, who comes off as angry or with a stick up his ass, in every interview.

Probably pissed everyone calls him Tony ...  Ninja

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Let's grab a receiver great idea all the good teams do that! To the heck with our QB I mean he is going to probably get killed all year but at least our team will be exciting. If I was the Bengals I would use the first 3 rounds to fix the OLine. Maybe then our QB might actually have a chance to have a normal career.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 01:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Tim McGee.

My bad! I'll correct the name 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 03:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Taking a phenomenal player who is #1 at their position is in no way a travesty (regardless which one they go with). People are really going off the deep end with this stuff. It’s ONE PICK. To me a travesty would be trading back and losing out on a top 5 blue chip prospect and ending up without much to show for it (say a bunch of Billy Price, Drew Sample, type players).

But to answer the question in bold, Tony Pike made a good case for Chase in the first video they did. And even Willie was a little on the fence if we’re being honest.

(04-15-2021, 04:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jim Mora Jr

"What a great position to be in, but what a difficult position to be in," Mora said. "The depth of offensive line in the draft. That would lead me to where it led you and that's Ja'Marr Chase. When that guy gets the ball in his hands he's dynamic.
"I think that's the right way to go. Give Joe Burrow weapons. Give him weapons. There's gonna be some guys there [at 38] or package some things and come up [in the draft]. There's gonna be some guys there that are going to be pretty good offensive lineman, offensive tackles. Adequate guys that are going to develop into great players, so you gotta go get Chase."

(04-15-2021, 04:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Found another one for you.

Thanks for these Nicomo, knew there were some smart guys out there that aren't against Chase.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 12:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fast-Foward to 2021-2022 Offseason:
"Those were just bad luck injuries that Williams, Dickerson, XSF, and subsequently Burrow got. They'll all be back and healthy for the 2022 season and everything will be fine. I certainly don't feel like we're in some kind of Groundhog Day loop."

If you get a guy who's ended 4 of the last 5 seasons hurt, just don't act surprised when he gets hurt again. 

As much as I'd like to get a talent like Dickerson, I agree they really can't take a chance on someone with his medical history.  Maybe if they went Sewell at 5, but going Chase in the first means they have to come away with a starter at 38.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 05:06 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: As much as I'd like to get a talent like Dickerson, I agree they really can't take a chance on someone with his medical history.  Maybe if they went Sewell at 5, but going Chase in the first means they have to come away with a starter at 38.

Agree...it's not like we have a good history here. This is scary shit:

Quote:One torn knee ACL might give pause, but both knees? Some draft experts are even saying he could be a physically-unable-to-perform (PUP list) candidate who might not be fully rehabbed enough to start the season.
Reply/Quote
I find this entire discussion ridiculous. The idea that we would even consider a receiver when we have a QB coming back from a major injury is one the most idiotic things I have ever heard. I am just hoping that this is just some rumor put out there so someone doesn't jump ahead of us to take Sewell. Not that I have much hope for this franchise but if they draft a receiver and lose their star QB to another injury that will be another wasted top 5 pick. It would be one thing if we were 1 playmaker away from making a run at the Super Bowl but we are a whole team away, we might as well try to keep our star QB protected. Besides we already have 2 stud receivers which makes this even more stupid.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:12 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: I find this entire discussion ridiculous.  The idea that we would even consider a receiver when we have a QB coming back from a major injury is one the most idiotic things I have ever heard.  I am just hoping that this is just some rumor put out there so someone doesn't jump ahead of us to take Sewell.  Not that I have much hope for this franchise but if they draft a receiver and lose their star QB to another injury that will be another wasted top 5 pick.  It would be one thing if we were 1 playmaker away from making a run at the Super Bowl but we are a whole team away, we might as well try to keep our star QB protected.  Besides we already have 2 stud receivers which makes this even more stupid.

I find the thought of not looking at the Draft as a whole ridiculous myself. Would be happy as could be with Sewell but who knows 
if he gets our QB injured? We don't know how he is going to adapt to the NFL, he dominated at Oregon. 

Chase and Pitts dominated in the SEC.

Our 2 stud Receivers couldn't get open against our top rivals last year. This is a very deep Draft for OL. Look at the Draft as a whole 
for heck sake man.
Reply/Quote
i swear i am absolutely going to enjoy watching the shyt show on these forums when the Bengals select defense with the 5th overall pick......

So much rage quitting, ticket selling, jersey burning......

Seriously folks, most of you would be better to just tune out completely until 5 seconds before the Bengals pick. Will do your blood pressure some good between now and then.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I find the thought of not looking at the Draft as a whole ridiculous myself. Would be happy as could be with Sewell but who knows 
if he gets our QB injured? We don't know how he is going to adapt to the NFL, he dominated at Oregon. 

Chase and Pitts dominated in the SEC.

Our 2 stud Receivers couldn't get open against our top rivals last year. This is a very deep Draft for OL. Look at the Draft as a whole 
for heck sake man.

Good post Nate, as usual. Your last point doesn’t seem to be brought up enough around here. Yes we’re in a division with a bunch of great pass rushers (Watt, Garrett, Clowney, etc), but do you know who else we’re in a division with? Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, Denzel Ward, Minkah Fitzpatrick...

I’d like to be able to actually score some points against these guys.

Reply/Quote
Good teams like the Ravens would never draft a receiver in the top 5. I wish we had a GM that could build a team the right way.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:39 PM)Stewy Wrote: i swear i am absolutely going to enjoy watching the shyt show on these forums when the Bengals select defense with the 5th overall pick......

Seriously folks, most of you would be better to just tune out completely until 5 seconds before the Bengals pick. Will do your blood pressure some good between now and then.

Now defense I would in fact be upset with lol.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:39 PM)Stewy Wrote: i swear i am absolutely going to enjoy watching the shyt show on these forums when the  Bengals select defense with the 5th overall pick......

Seriously folks, most of you would be better to just tune out completely until 5 seconds before the Bengals pick.  Will do your blood pressure some good between now and then.

That would be interesting if that happened lol

Watch us take Surtain... Hilarious
Reply/Quote