Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Taylor coaches like the Rams' staff
The Rams have better players at every single position on offense except for AJ Green.

That's a bit of a sobering fact.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 11:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And what do you think Goff is going to want?

That's when their team starts losing players.

Having a rookie QB playing at a high level lets you do some pretty amazing things in free agency...if you want to.

The Bengals kept rolling over unused space so that they could bring us the last 3 years dynamic football!
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 11:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And what do you think Goff is going to want?

They don't have to worry about him for 2 more years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 01:36 AM)XsandOs Wrote: They don't have to worry about him for 2 more years.

Yes, I understand that. The whole point is, the reason LA and KC are able to afford all that talent is because their QB's are on rookie deals. That's great, but you better hit on the rookie QB. When 2nd contracts come around, both teams will have to unload talent to pay their QB's...
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 12:12 AM)3wt Wrote: I just want to see an offense that looks professional.  I'm tired of seeing offenses that don't look like they know they're doing nor understand situational football.

The Rams offense is well prepared.

Special thanks to Marv and co. for setting the bar so low...

They only had, what, 16 years to figure out how to look like a professional team on the field?

That being said, I think Dalton showed great poise in the pocket, better ability to improvise and make plays while scrambling, and was looking good before injuries decimated this offense.  

I just hated how the Bengals always seem to look so lost in certain situations.  Here's to a new approach and getting these guys believing the coaching staff can do it.  Some of the blank stares we see on the sidelines just has to demoralize the players.  
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 08:28 AM)Fullrock Wrote: If Taylor brings even half of this intensity with him what a breath of fresh air it will be.
https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1084318082951081984?s=19

I seem to be the kiss of death to whatever team I hitch my wagon to:

Love Chicago defense:  Go Bears!   LOST

Love Nick Foles:  Go Eagles!  LOST

Love Sean McVeigh and Whit:  Go Rams! ....TBD
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 11:35 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agree. We need new life. These past few years has beaten us up pretty badly. A new approach and attitude towards winning is going to be fun to watch.

Agreed.   I think our coaching staff has been our greatest liability.  If they nail the new hires, and build an aggressive, creative scheme on both sides of the ball the sky is the limit.  

Sure, we need help on the offensive line and at the LB position, but a couple key FA signings and a solid draft can go a long way to making this team relevant (or at least not so damn boring) again.  

Brady is getting older.  Piggy is fat.  The Rams are going to need a major overhaul due to cap constraints.  Ditto the Saints.   

The Chiefs look to be set for a very solid run, but just like the Bengals in 2005, when I saw Mahommes limping after a sack...well, it could all come crashing down for them as he does hold on to the ball a very long time.  I know, he is fine, and he is amazing out of the pocket, but my point is that mobile QBs always seem to end up with injuries.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, I understand that. The whole point is, the reason LA and KC are able to afford all that talent is because their QB's are on rookie deals. That's great, but you better hit on the rookie QB. When 2nd contracts come around, both teams will have to unload talent to pay their QB's...

I am aware of the point you are conveying. And you can add Philly to that list.

What I am saying is that Teams who are willing to work around the cap, structure contracts with frontloaded signing bonuses that are spread out over the length of the deal.

That means huge sums of cash in signing bonuses. Dead money at the back end on some deals, but you keep your core together.

Kroenke has shown the willingness to spend. That's my point.

Cash upfront is one of the biggest point of contention in contract negotiation. That increases guaranteed money.

Not all owners are either willing or cash capable to do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 09:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Special thanks to Marv and co. for setting the bar so low...

They only had, what, 16 years to figure out how to look like a professional team on the field?

That being said, I think Dalton showed great poise in the pocket, better ability to improvise and make plays while scrambling, and was looking good before injuries decimated this offense.  

I just hated how the Bengals always seem to look so lost in certain situations.  Here's to a new approach and getting these guys believing the coaching staff can do it.  Some of the blank stares we see on the sidelines just has to demoralize the players.  
You're right about Dalton.  Give the man some protection, some consistent targets and an OC that knows how to call a game and I think he could be really good.

Hope the new coaching staff is up to the task.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 09:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.  I think our coaching staff has been our greatest liability.  If they nail the new hires, and build an aggressive, creative scheme on both sides of the ball the sky is the limit.  

Sure, we need help on the offensive line and at the LB position, but a couple key FA signings and a solid draft can go a long way to making this team relevant (or at least not so damn boring) again.  

Brady is getting older.  Piggy is fat.  The Rams are going to need a major overhaul due to cap constraints.  Ditto the Saints.   

The Chiefs look to be set for a very solid run, but just like the Bengals in 2005, when I saw Mahommes limping after a sack...well, it could all come crashing down for them as he does hold on to the ball a very long time.  I know, he is fine, and he is amazing out of the pocket, but my point is that mobile QBs always seem to end up with injuries.

I couldn't agree more ! Dated, uninspiring, vanilla, lacking innovation, and predictable. With some good free agents and a decent draft I believe this team can be very competitive next year.
Reply/Quote
and smart.... who knows what our coaches were doing. Teams tipping hands was probably just journalist jargon.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/14/rams-say-cowboys-defense-tipped-its-hand/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 01:19 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Taylor’s going to walk in and tell the Brown family/Tobin “first thing we need to do is find us a franchise left tackle like the one I had with the Rams” followed by uncomfortable silence.

I just watched on channel 9,cincy an interview with a former older assistant that was on the same staff as zac at UC. He was giving high high praises of Zac and said he was very intelligent,has a good way with players with the way he communicates with them and said our players would love this guy.He connects with people and knows how to moviate people and has a ton of great skills in his offense play calling.Does things others can even think about.I am excited.This guy on channel 9 was an older gentlemen,cannot recall his name,but he knew what he was saying and it came from experience with Zac.He said the Bengals are going to really like this guy. And they are already putting a staff together with his approval.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 12:04 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Rams have better players at every single position on offense except for AJ Green.

That's a bit of a sobering fact.

Better or playing at a higher level... do to the scheme maximizing their potential.?
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, I understand that. The whole point is, the reason LA and KC are able to afford all that talent is because their QB's are on rookie deals. That's great, but you better hit on the rookie QB. When 2nd contracts come around, both teams will have to unload talent to pay their QB's...

Pats, Saints, Indy, etc do not seem to have trouble fitting a high priced QB in their cap and still win. You sound like Mikey, always apologizing for the cap situation. Every team in league has the same cap yet year after year teams with elite QB's seem to get in the playoffs and win. It is not about the cap, it is about where you allocate it. If you have a young 'cheaper' QB like the Rams and Chiefs then yes you can afford other players. If you have a higher priced QB then you need younger players in other spots to perform. It is the same math. 

But you don't want to be paying $9M for the likes of Dre or $5M for the likes of Rey M or Preston Brown. Or the $2+ for the backup LB Rey. This is cap money poorly allocated. Not to mention the amount rolled over every year and the unwavering on schemes used by other teams to create cap space. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote