Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shaq Barret Visit

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This could be a Michael Johnson rotational replacement or a sign we're moving to a 3-4. Either way Good signing pff 76 rating last year and is considered one of the best budget free agents this year

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:12 AM)Okeana Wrote: This could be a Michael Johnson rotational replacement or a sign we're moving to a 3-4.  Either way Good signing pff 76 rating last year and is considered one of the best budget free agents this year

That would be a good swap I would think.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah I'd take him. I think it means we'd be doing some 3-4 looks more. But, hard to say.

Lawson on one side and Barrett on the other in a 3-4 would look pretty great.
Reply/Quote
Doubt we’re moving to a 3-4 as others have suggested, Anarumo stated he’s running a 4-3 and that’s what his background is in. We have enough holes already, to switch to a 3-4 would be a major overhaul. I don’t know much about Barrett was hoping he was an athletic cover LB but the comments seems to suggest he’s more of a rush lb in a 3-4.
Reply/Quote
Regardless of what you call it, they could have lots of depth to have 5 men down and 2 LBs (or LB and Strong safety)

Core DL:
Dunlap
Billings
Atkins
High rookie pick (BPA in 1st 3 is bound to be a DL)

Rotate the guys above with 3 on the field at a time, playing 2 out of these 3 in a rotation:

Lawson
Hubbard
Barrett

If they luck out and get White at LB at 11, or land a coverage LB within the first 3 rounds, they get plenty of reps. If Burfict does play you keep him fresh with him, Brown, the rookie and Vigil sharing reps.
Reply/Quote
Keep in mind...these are just visits too. We haven't signed anyone yet.
Reply/Quote
I like the signing. If it happens. He’s really similar to Lawson. More of a 3 4 guy.
Reply/Quote
He is not a 3-4 rush linebacker. He may have been signed as such out of college, but his skills are run stopping and pass coverage. He would be an ideal SLB in a 4-3.
Reply/Quote
If i read correctly the history of hip injuries is greatly concerning to me
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 02:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He is not a 3-4 rush linebacker. He may have been signed as such out of college, but his skills are run stopping and pass coverage. He would be an ideal SLB in a 4-3.

I’ve never seen him do anything other than rush from the edge standing up. He reminds me of Lawson 2.0.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 03:43 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I’ve never seen him do anything other than rush from the edge standing up. He reminds me of Lawson 2.0.

Yes, he does that, but he’s not good at it. He is way better than Lawson in space/coverage.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 10:12 AM)Okeana Wrote: This could be a Michael Johnson rotational replacement or a sign we're moving to a 3-4.  Either way Good signing pff 76 rating last year and is considered one of the best budget free agents this year

backup for Lawson in case he misses time again?
Reply/Quote
I see him more as a DE than an OLB.

Maybe if we sign him MJ is gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 04:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: backup for Lawson in case he misses time again?

Lawson will not be 100% for another year...
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know if Lawson tore the same (acl) knee as when he was in college?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 04:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Does anyone know if Lawson tore the same (acl) knee as when he was in college?

Lawson had left knee repaired at Auburn.  Tore ACL in right knee with Bengals.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 05:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Lawson had left knee repaired at Auburn.  Tore ACL in right knee with Bengals.

Cool, he's got the matching set.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 05:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Lawson had left knee repaired at Auburn.  Tore ACL in right knee with Bengals.

That's "good" news...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 05:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Cool, he's got the matching set.  Ninja

He can finally get rid of that leftward lean.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote