• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Shayne Graham signs 1-day contract to retire a Bengal
You cant make this stuff up:

https://twitter.com/KBarnett15/status/834081321119055872

Hilarious
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Actually, I think that is kind of cool. He was a good guy and productive player who did a ton for the community. People rip the team for not honoring former players and doing the things the "great" franchises do and then they turn around and mock this? Nicht verstehe.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You cant make this stuff up:

Hilarious

He was a really good kicker for us at one point. He wanted to retire a Bengal, I'm glad he cared enough to make sure he retired with us. Glad he was able to. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm glad he wanted to do this and I'm glad the organization let him! He was an awesome kicker for the most part!
Reply/Quote
I'm glad he was able to retire as a Bengal as well. Kickers are not unlike long snappers in that they never get recognized unless they don't do their job. Shayne was a very solid kicker for us, perhaps even the best and deserves the recognition of retiring as a Bengal,imo.
Reply/Quote
I'll tell you one thing, there were about two dozen instances this season that I would have sacarficed a limb to have Graham back.

I don't have a problem with this, even though I'll never forgive him for his epic Choke-Fest he had against the Jets in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I miss Bengal Sis
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I think this is a class act by both the kicker and organization.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
[Image: dave-lapham.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This makes me wonder if any other player wanted to sign a 1-day deal and retire a Bengal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Just heard 5 minutes ago Shayne Graham retired ! Now whatta we do ?
Reply/Quote
I am totally down on the Bengals management right now but this was a class move.
Reply/Quote
Class move by both...
Reply/Quote
Sweet

Graham gave us some really good years before the meltdown.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You cant make this stuff up:

Hilarious

Why would you think this is a joke?

It's actually pretty damn cool that a guy would want to retire a Bengal.  How long has it been since somebody was proud of that?
Reply/Quote
Good. Shayne was a good player for us for a time.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 04:34 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: dave-lapham.jpg]

Is Dave ok?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 03:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I miss Bengal Sis

She was a class act.
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
(02-21-2017, 03:26 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think this is a class act by both the kicker and organization.

I agree. Happy to hear that the time he spent here meant so much to him.
Reply/Quote
I think it's awesome. Baby step in the right direction for a franchise that fails to honor past greats...and yes Shayne was great for us for most of his career. I don't fault him for missing a few kicks when Brad St Louis suddenly lost his mojo, and as a fan base, it'd be nice if we were capable of forgiving and forgetting. This has to be the most vindictive fan base in sports. We pretty much hate every former player.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote