Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Shefter: AJ Green will miss some games
We will be fine guys we still got alex the td maker erickson, cody just throw it up core, josh big chunk yards malone, john cheetah speed ross. These guys are the best in the business at what they do. After Sunday you guys will say aj green who?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 10:31 AM)kevin Wrote: so dead on WIMPY

You people are the most wimpy fans in all of football.  I like the team, so I will say GO BENGALS, but you fans are wimpy. 

I like the cut of your jib.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 09:53 AM)kevin Wrote: This is typical of a lot of the wimpy fans on here.  I shouldn't even call them fans.  All my life Bengal fans have wimped out every year under any adversity.  They expect it all to be easy, no injuries and all easy games.  Very wimpy for football fans. Again, I hate to call them fans when they act so wimpy every year. Luckily THE TEAM has more backbone than these wimpy fans.  The team has shown NO QUIT in other years after the fans quit.  Thank God the Team is not as wimpy as these fans.  The fans QUIT on this team in 2012 at 3-5, but our team never QUIT and made play-offs.   This years team is 5-3 and yet the wimpy fans are QUITTING.  The team is much better than the fans are.

I wouldn't call some fans wimpy, rather realists.

Without AJ Green the Bengals have no real threat at WR.  The Saints will literally zone up and blanket anything we can put out there.  AD will have nowhere to go with the football.

To beat the Saints you've got to score big.  We're just not going to be able to keep up, period.  This isn't about being wimpy rather just looking at the X's and O's match ups.  If the Bengal defense were worth anything we might have a chance.  Still, I believe without AJ we'd have to hold the Saints under 20 to win.  Just don't see us scoring that much so don't see it happening.

Call it wimpy all you want.  You have to admit yourself, there is no way you'd put money on this game.  If you would you may as just as well flush it down the toilet cause it would be a foolish move.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 11:32 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I wouldn't call some fans wimpy, rather realists.

Without AJ Green the Bengals have no real threat at WR.  The Saints will literally zone up and blanket anything we can put out there.  AD will have nowhere to go with the football.

To beat the Saints you've got to score big.  We're just not going to be able to keep up, period.  This isn't about being wimpy rather just looking at the X's and O's match ups.  If the Bengal defense were worth anything we might have a chance.  Still, I believe without AJ we'd have to hold the Saints under 20 to win.  Just don't see us scoring that much so don't see it happening.

Call it wimpy all you want.  You have to admit yourself, there is no way you'd put money on this game.  If you would you may as just as well flush it down the toilet cause it would be a foolish move.

I'd call Tyler Boyd a threat....
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 11:32 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I wouldn't call some fans wimpy, rather realists.

I think he was talking more to the ones squealing about the season being over.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 10:09 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The AFC is weak this year. The Steelers are going to win the division so that's one playoff spot.

I wouldn't concede the Division yet, the Stools have: Panthers, at Jaguars, at Denver, Chargers, at Raiders, Patriots, at Saints and Bengals. The only likely win I see there is Raiders. I don't think they will beat Carolina or the Saints, they definitely are not beating the Saints in their dome. I think the North is still up for grabs...
Reply/Quote
After 2 tough games in a row (ravens and rams) the saints are going to be due for a let down. They have to be feeling it coming off those games.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 12:30 AM)Shady Wrote: How soon can we draft Tagovailoa?  We need to start looking at a rebuild.

Huh, what's that got to do with AJ possibly missing time??
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 01:36 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Yes, but the season isn’t lost yet!

Agree completely it is just becoming comical all the injuries. 

We will never know just how good or bad this team is because of them. 

Still believe though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 09:53 AM)kevin Wrote: This is typical of a lot of the wimpy fans on here.  I shouldn't even call them fans.  All my life Bengal fans have wimped out every year under any adversity.  They expect it all to be easy, no injuries and all easy games.  Very wimpy for football fans. Again, I hate to call them fans when they act so wimpy every year. Luckily THE TEAM has more backbone than these wimpy fans.  The team has shown NO QUIT in other years after the fans quit.  Thank God the Team is not as wimpy as these fans.  The fans QUIT on this team in 2012 at 3-5, but our team never QUIT and made play-offs.   This years team is 5-3 and yet the wimpy fans are QUITTING.  The team is much better than the fans are.

Please explain to me how fans quit harder than the team did against the Bears and Viking s last year. Geez.

I'm not sure having faith in Mike Brown after 28 years of blatant and nearly inentional disappointment makes a man tough.

Did Rams fans wimp out when they got sick of Jeff Fisher? I guess Browns fans shouldn't have wimped out by wanting Hue as the HC for another year. So on and so forth.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 03:40 AM)kevin Wrote: I read ESPN says Green may miss some games.  The key words being may and some.  Nobody is saying out for the season.  He is expected to see doctors early this week to look at his foot.  

Meanwhile I say at 5-3 the team needs to hang in until his return.  We have Boyd.  Hopefully Ross is healthy and ready to help out.  We also have Malone, Erickson.  I'm also hoping Price, Boling, Bernard, Kroft ready to return to the offense.  SO GO BENGALS.  

Saints coming into Cincinnati.  The good news is Saints are tougher in New Orleans Super Dome than they are on the road every season.  That the game is in The Cincinnati Jungle helps.  They lose their loud crowd of 12th man on Defense.  It is a huge schedule help that they play in Cincinnati.  The 5-3 Bengals must get wins in The Jungle. Every team must win at home if they want to have a good season.  So far the Bengals at home have beat Baltimore and Miami and lost in last seconds to Steelers.  So The Bengals have played Tough at Home.

With or With Out Green,  Go to 6-3 Sunday in THE JUNGLE.  The win before the bye week helped also.  A win over Saints means Bengals finish 3-1 against NFC South.  All 4 of those teams are hard games, so 3-1 against them would be great.

Until he sees doctor the verdict is not in. 

My understanding is that if no surgery is required he will be back, but surgery ends his season. 

That decision has not been made. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
No worries on AJ being out for a few games, we are deep at WR...
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote

What exactly do Marvin and Mike have to do with the severity of Greens injury.

I hear all the negative whiners around here claim they are just "realist" because they have seen so many years of Mike and Marvin, but now it seems like these "realists" somehow know that Green will be out for the season.

So please enlighten me on how Mike and Marvin control how long Green will be out.  Because the only ones saying he is out for the year are the "realists".

Seems to me there is a strong correlation between people who call themselves "realists" and wimpy whiners who love to squeal and moan and always assume the worst even when it involves injures that Marvin and Mike have no control over.
Reply/Quote
Rough, need to hang on in his absence. Wasn't expecting us to beat the Saints with him.

If he can get back for the game after we might survive and make a run at the playoffs but the D needs to improve.

With Boyd, Mixon, getting Price and Gio back and being 5-4 after the Saints game we still can do something.

Halfway through the season, people need to step back from the ledge, we still have a shot.

We aren't the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What exactly do Marvin and Mike have to do with the severity of Greens injury.

I hear all the negative whiners around here claim they are just "realist" because they have seen so many years of Mike and Marvin, but now it seems like these "realists" somehow know that Green will be out for the season.

So please enlighten me on how Mike and Marvin control how long Green will be out.  Because the only ones saying he is out for the year are the "realists".

Seems to me there is a strong correlation between people who call themselves "realists" and wimpy whiners who love to squeal and moan and always assume the worst even when it involves injures that Marvin and Mike have no control over.

I can only speak for myself, but the lack of faith in Mike and Marvin is what leads me to believe there is a good chance we are going to have a hard time holding down the fort without AJ because the replacements M&M draft and coach aren't up to the task.

I don't think M&M are so awful that AJ's toe is magically extra-hurt, but their collective incompetence makes his being hurt hurt more.
Reply/Quote
If Green is out we’re going to have to get creative on offense. I’m not a huge gimmick play guy but we’re gonna have to throw the kitchen sink at defenses. I’m assuming they will double Boyd we can’t just line up and expect our guys to win one on one. One play I liked that Miami ran was they threw a pass to Amendola behind the line of scrimmage and he threw to the other side of the field to Drake on a wheel route for a td. I could see us runnning this play with Erickson and Mixon, Erickson used to be a qb. Posted the link to the play here. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/watch-danny-amendola-hits-kenyan-drake-for-td-on-trick-play/ar-BBOUS03?li=BBnba9I. I like how Kansas City used all those pre snap motions had our defense running around like crazy presnap. Maybe if Ross ever plays we could motion him. I would use a double fake screen. Flee flicker. Have Dalton fake to Mixon and if the DE crashes he can keep it himself. Maybe start the game in a no huddle offense. I’m from New England they always do this type of stuff. They also love utilizing the running back vs linebackers in the passing game, James White catches 8 balls a game. I liked Walton coming out of the draft I would try using him in the passing games vs linebackers. Just throwing stuff out there. Feel like we need to throw everything at the Saints or whoever we play if Green is gonna be out for a few games.
Reply/Quote
It might be time to start getting Tate some reps. At the very least he'd create mismatch opportunities.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 03:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can only speak for myself, but the lack of faith in Mike and Marvin is what leads me to believe there is a good chance we are going to have a hard time holding down the fort without AJ because the replacements M&M draft and coach aren't up to the task.

How many games is Green going to miss?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 03:27 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It might be time to start getting Tate some reps.  At the very least he'd create mismatch opportunities.

Auden Tate being on the field would likely cause a mismatch, but it might not be the kind of mismatch we want. Ninja

(11-05-2018, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How many games is Green going to miss?

I don't know.  Do we ever know?  Do you know?  I'm not making any statements about how long he will be out or if he will miss a game at all.  I'm just saying why I don't feel confident we can keep winning if he misses games.
Reply/Quote
No reason to say the season is over at 5-3 and the following games left:

vs Browns
vs Broncos
vs Raiders
@ Browns

We should win at least 3 of those and should probably sweep those, honestly.

Then we have:

vs Saints
@ Ravens
@ Chargers
@ Steelers

Saints are tough, but we pull them at home, where they're not nearly as formidable. We usually beat the Ravens. Chargers game is probably an L on the road. Steelers will beat us, but we seem to pull out more wins in their building than ours.

1-3 looks likely out of this group of games, and I could see 2-2 if the ball bounces our way.

Anything less than 9-7 would be a surprise and a massive failure, and I'd put my money on 10-6. Even without AJ Green. That said, playoffs are a different story, and we all (well... most) know why.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote