Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Shefter: AJ Green will miss some games
We will not win many, if any games, without him. This injury could be the final nail in the coffin for the season

Reply/Quote
Browns played the Chiefs a lot tougher than we did, no pushovers there. Raiders are a lost cause but the Broncos are no 'easy' win by any means.

With the D playing as it is and the injuries, this team has a tough road ahead of it.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 03:27 PM)Big Boss Wrote: It might be time to start getting Tate some reps.  At the very least he'd create mismatch opportunities.

Was just brought up from the practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 10:31 AM)kevin Wrote: so dead on WIMPY

You people are the most wimpy fans in all of football.  I like the team, so I will say GO BENGALS, but you fans are wimpy. 

What is your account called positive trolling? Ive seen it done before elsewhere, but if that rocks your boat you go!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What exactly do Marvin and Mike have to do with the severity of Greens injury.

I hear all the negative whiners around here claim they are just "realist" because they have seen so many years of Mike and Marvin, but now it seems like these "realists" somehow know that Green will be out for the season.

So please enlighten me on how Mike and Marvin control how long Green will be out.  Because the only ones saying he is out for the year are the "realists".

Seems to me there is a strong correlation between people who call themselves "realists" and wimpy whiners who love to squeal and moan and always assume the worst even when it involves injures that Marvin and Mike have no control over.

Not saying Green is out for the season but the reports do have him missing games.  A "realist" looks at match ups.  And this match up with the Saints does not bode well in any scenario for the Bengals.  Our best offensive weapon is AJ Green, period.  Without him defenses can play straight up.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this.  Just pure common sense, or keeping it "real" if you will.

How does this offense score enough points to beat the Saints when our defense is like a sieve?  Boyd, Erickson, Ross, Malone, Core, Tate, Uzomah?  C'mon man.  I like most of these players but at best we score 24 if all have great days.  The Saints might score that much by the 2nd quarter!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 10:00 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Not saying Green is out for the season but the reports do have him missing games.  A "realist" looks at match ups.  And this match up with the Saints does not bode well in any scenario for the Bengals.  Our best offensive weapon is AJ Green, period.  Without him defenses can play straight up.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this.  Just pure common sense, or keeping it "real" if you will.

How does this offense score enough points to beat the Saints when our defense is like a sieve?  Boyd, Erickson, Ross, Malone, Core, Tate, Uzomah?  C'mon man.  I like most of these players but at best we score 24 if all have great days.  The Saints might score that much by the 2nd quarter!

Those are the words that are coming out of your mouth.

Unfortunately it's being heard as a negative defeatist mentality.

"Being a realist" is perceived as wallowing in sorrow.

Can the Bengals beat the Saints?

Yes there's always luck and a snowball's chance in hell.

The Bills have 3 passing TDs in the whole season but managed beating the Vikings.

I honestly didn't think the Bills could beat another NFL team going into the season.

To get to the point.

People don't like someone(you)snuffing out hope.

Call it "whining, squealing, whimpy" or whatever.

That's what they're really getting at.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 11:07 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Those are the words that are coming out of your mouth.

Unfortunately it's being heard as a negative defeatist mentality.

"Being a realist" is perceived as wallowing in sorrow.

Can the Bengals beat the Saints?

Yes there's always luck and a snowball's chance in hell.

The Bills have 3 passing TDs in the whole season but managed beating the Vikings.

I honestly didn't think the Bills could beat another NFL team going into the season.

To get to the point.

People don't like someone(you)snuffing out hope.

Call it "whining, squealing, whimpy" or whatever.

That's what they're really getting at.

I actually don't blame the people who have a negative outlook.  I just object to the term "realists" when the "realist" have been proven wrong before.  There were many years when the "realists" said we would have a losing record but we made the playoffs.  and I am sure there were a bunch of Eagle "realists" who said they could not win the super bowl last year.

So feel free to be negative about things.  You have the right.  Just don't claim that your opinion is based on reality when you really don't know what reality holds in store.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I actually don't blame the people who have a negative outlook.  I just object to the term "realists" when the "realist" have been proven wrong before.  There were many years when the "realists" said we would have a losing record but we made the playoffs.  and I am sure there were a bunch of Eagle "realists" who said they could not win the super bowl last year.

So feel free to be negative about things.  You have the right.  Just don't claim that your opinion is based on reality when you really don't know what reality holds in store.

A "realist" might say that our odds of winning without AJ Green are diminished.

Even though this team has won without him on the field.

How is that not being realistic?

Yes this team has won without AJ.

Yes their chances have diminished and will be going forward.

Both of those statements are correct... are they not? 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Just a little FYI. The Dr that is looking at AJ's toe is currently being sued by former Viking Sharrif Floyd for damaging the nerves in his knee after a simple surgery....
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 01:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A "realist" might say that our odds of winning without AJ Green are diminished.

Even though this team has won without him on the field.

How is that not being realistic?

Yes this team has won without AJ.

Yes their chances have diminished and will be going forward.

Both of those statements are correct... are they not? 

I absolutely agree with the people who say our chances of winning are diminished without Green.  The people I was talking about are the ones who said Green was out for the season or that the season was "finished" before they had any idea how long Green would even be out.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 01:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just a little FYI. The Dr that is looking at AJ's toe is currently being sued by former Viking Sharrif Floyd for damaging the nerves in his knee after a simple surgery....

He's one of the best in the country. And when you do that many surgeries, sometimes shit happens. And nothing says it was his fault that Floyd has defective nerves...
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 01:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just a little FYI. The Dr that is looking at AJ's toe is currently being sued by former Viking Sharrif Floyd for damaging the nerves in his knee after a simple surgery....

Green is seeing Dr. Anderson in Green Bay. James Andrews is the Doctor being sued.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 02:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Green is seeing Dr. Anderson in Green Bay. James Andrews is the Doctor being sued.

In Haicut Hobsin's article he says Andrews??
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 01:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's one of the best in the country. And when you do that many surgeries, sometimes shit happens. And nothing says it was his fault that Floyd has defective nerves...

I won't disagree with you there.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 03:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No reason to say the season is over at 5-3 and the following games left:

vs Browns
vs Broncos
vs Raiders
@ Browns

We should win at least 3 of those and should probably sweep those, honestly.

Then we have:

vs Saints
@ Ravens
@ Chargers
@ Steelers

Saints are tough, but we pull them at home, where they're not nearly as formidable. We usually beat the Ravens. Chargers game is probably an L on the road. Steelers will beat us, but we seem to pull out more wins in their building than ours.

1-3 looks likely out of this group of games, and I could see 2-2 if the ball bounces our way.

Anything less than 9-7 would be a surprise and a massive failure, and I'd put my money on 10-6. Even without AJ Green. That said, playoffs are a different story, and we all (well... most) know why.
Getting into the playoffs AND being healthy is the goal. Anything can happen. We need to go 4-4 the second half and we are probably in. Don't jump ship just yet. WHO DEYYYYY
Reply/Quote
Saints working on contract with Dez Bryant!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 11:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Saints working on contract with Dez Bryant!

But the Browns didn't even want him! Ninja
Reply/Quote
Hobson's take on whether or not to sign a vet WR:

As for the A.J. Green situation, how long is he going to be out? A week? Two weeks? A month? I don’t think they know, which makes things a lot tougher. In a season that began with the release of Brandon LaFell, is anyone surprised they’re not signing an older receiver?

Maybe I’m nuts, but if there’s one team that shouldn’t be signing a veteran receiver, isn’t it the Bengals? There’s nobody out there that can run like John Ross and Josh Malone and isn’t it time to find out if they can play or not? Do we know? They’ve got 39 NFL targets between them in two years and that’s it. The one thing I do know is if they’re not the two fastest guys on the field this Sunday, it’s by a lean. That’s the frustrating thing to me. You’ve got all this speed that can break a game open and people are burying these two kids and they have yet to turn 23 years old.

Yes, Ross has had his struggles. He’s also got the longest TD catch on the team. Yes, Malone turned one of his targets into a pick. But he’s had only four balls thrown at him this year. That’s enough to draw a walk, not a death sentence.

Nothing scares the bejeezus out of me more than a veteran receiver coming over at the beginning of the season, never mind in mid-year. They don’t know the quarterback, they don’t know the system and everybody can get ugly quickly. (By the way, how’s it going in Baltimore with John Brown, Willie Snead and Michael Crabtree, all new this year with the Ravens? It hasn’t been all bad, but not great, either. They’ve thrown the most passes in the league, have lost three straight and are 4-5).

Go back a little. The presence of Michael Westbrook nearly got second-year receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh cut. OK. Go back a lot. In his one season here, 36-year-old Terrell Owens was their best receiver. But the reality TV show was a killer while the reality was a talent like Jerome Simpson didn’t play until the end of the year and they found out they had something. You wonder if Simpson had played sooner how things might have panned out for him.

Just wondering. Here’s my thought for the day. The faster, logical answers seem to be here. At the very least, we’ll get some answers. It seems to me they’re in a can’t-win situation. Bring in a vet and they get killed for letting go a young talent like Tate, although I doubt he’s going to play much at all from scrimmage.

https://www.bengals.com/news/hobson-s-choice-stretching-for-a-run
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2018, 03:43 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Browns played the Chiefs a lot tougher than we did, no pushovers there. Raiders are a lost cause but the Broncos are no 'easy' win by any means.

With the D playing as it is and the injuries, this team has a tough road ahead of it.

The Chiefs were playing us for the top seed in the AFC.  I guarantee they were up for that game.

The Browns are the Browns.  One reason they have a lot of close losses is that nobody is giving the Browns their best shot.  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Hobson's take on whether or not to sign a vet WR:

As for the A.J. Green situation, how long is he going to be out? A week? Two weeks? A month? I don’t think they know, which makes things a lot tougher. In a season that began with the release of Brandon LaFell, is anyone surprised they’re not signing an older receiver?

Maybe I’m nuts, but if there’s one team that shouldn’t be signing a veteran receiver, isn’t it the Bengals? There’s nobody out there that can run like John Ross and Josh Malone and isn’t it time to find out if they can play or not? Do we know? They’ve got 39 NFL targets between them in two years and that’s it. The one thing I do know is if they’re not the two fastest guys on the field this Sunday, it’s by a lean. That’s the frustrating thing to me. You’ve got all this speed that can break a game open and people are burying these two kids and they have yet to turn 23 years old.

Yes, Ross has had his struggles. He’s also got the longest TD catch on the team. Yes, Malone turned one of his targets into a pick. But he’s had only four balls thrown at him this year. That’s enough to draw a walk, not a death sentence.

Nothing scares the bejeezus out of me more than a veteran receiver coming over at the beginning of the season, never mind in mid-year. They don’t know the quarterback, they don’t know the system and everybody can get ugly quickly. (By the way, how’s it going in Baltimore with John Brown, Willie Snead and Michael Crabtree, all new this year with the Ravens? It hasn’t been all bad, but not great, either. They’ve thrown the most passes in the league, have lost three straight and are 4-5).

Go back a little. The presence of Michael Westbrook nearly got second-year receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh cut. OK. Go back a lot. In his one season here, 36-year-old Terrell Owens was their best receiver. But the reality TV show was a killer while the reality was a talent like Jerome Simpson didn’t play until the end of the year and they found out they had something. You wonder if Simpson had played sooner how things might have panned out for him.

Just wondering. Here’s my thought for the day. The faster, logical answers seem to be here. At the very least, we’ll get some answers. It seems to me they’re in a can’t-win situation. Bring in a vet and they get killed for letting go a young talent like Tate, although I doubt he’s going to play much at all from scrimmage.

https://www.bengals.com/news/hobson-s-choice-stretching-for-a-run

He's a yes man, but he has a point.  A lot of us wanted LaFell gone so we can play the young guys and now a lot of us wanted us to sign or trade for a veteran so we don't have to play the young guys.
Reply/Quote