Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Shefter: AJ Green will miss some games
(11-07-2018, 01:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: He's a yes man, but he has a point.  A lot of us wanted LaFell gone so we can play the young guys and now a lot of us wanted us to sign or trade for a veteran so we don't have to play the young guys.

We wanted Lafell gone because we were told Ross was ready but clearly he was not.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My god, put Ross, Malone, and Tate on the field and tell Dalton he's going to be benched if he doesn't force the ball to them so we can finally "see what we have" in these guys.  If Marvin and Dalton won't get these guys in the mix, then I say we get rid of them and get some people in here who will finally let us build around these benched-bums.

We got rid of Lafell so we can see what these guys do.  And I'm with the notion that we should have put Jerome Simpson in earlier.  That guy was really good until we found out he wasn't and then just let him go and decided he was never good.

(11-07-2018, 01:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: He's a yes man, but he has a point.  A lot of us wanted LaFell gone so we can play the young guys and now a lot of us wanted us to sign or trade for a veteran so we don't have to play the young guys.

In my defense, I wanted the young guys to earn their spot over LaFell, but that goes against the narrative that young WRs can never get a fair shake as long as any WRs with actual NFL stats are on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:43 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: We wanted Lafell gone because we were told Ross was ready but clearly he was not.

Ross appeared to at least start to turn the corner in the Atlanta game.  We'll have to see if he can build on that or if it was just an aberration.

It's tough to judge, because in Lazor's offense, the #3-4 WR's don't get many targets, especially with AJ playing a lot in the slot.  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 02:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: Ross appeared to at least start to turn the corner in the Atlanta game.  We'll have to see if he can build on that or if it was just an aberration.

It's tough to judge, because in Lazor's offense, the #3-4 WR's don't get many targets, especially with AJ playing a lot in the slot.  

The Bengals are not actively trying to get John Ross the ball. Lazor isn't trying to get matchups for Ross or trying to get his speed in space.

John Ross has been doing exactly what the Bengals are asking him to do playing outside receiver and clearing out defenders for them to go inside to AJ Boyd Eifert Gio Uzomah...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2018, 01:43 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: We wanted Lafell gone because we were told Ross was ready but clearly he was not.

Since you said "we" I have to disagree.

Almost everyone who wanted LaFell gone said it was because he was taking snaps away from young guys who needed to develop.

As far as "being told" anything that is total BS because you never believe anything the Bengals say.  You constantly say that they don't know what they re talking about so you can't come here now and claim you put your faith in what the Bengals told you.
Reply/Quote
Lafell was finished, that was clear but if the young guys were not ready then the team could have/should have brought in a better alternative and had the younger guys develop further. Much like the team did with Og, Ross was put out there and it seems clear, well before he was ready for the full time gig. Ross is a high pick so should be producing already but they once again crossed their fingers and hoped he was good to go.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote