Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should Burrow Refuse To Play For Bengals
and right away most of you will be angry at such a topic

but away from Bengal Fan Sites, many football fans non Bengal think the worst thing that could have happened to Burrow was Bengals.

On being drafted, I read many saying, " Oh No, not the Bengals, poor Burrow ". Certainly on getting injured most sports fans and media said, " The Bengals ruined him ". Most sports world consider The Bengals a lost cause and the worst front office in all sports. All they have to do is point to no play-off wins since Paul Brown died going into 1991 season. The Bengals also have more 4 win seasons or less than any NFL team since Paul Brown died. Players and coaches come and go, but Mike Brown and Family are the one constant in losing since Paul Brown died.

The word used by people in sports for Mike Brown Family Bengals is CHEAP. World media says this, and many ex Bengal players agree that Mike Brown is Cheap. The saying is, You get what you pay for. The Bengals have got the longest no play-off win streak in NFL of 30 years.

So there are many in the world sports media and sports fans non Bengals who say Burrow should demand to be traded. That nothing good will ever come from Burrow on the sorry Bengals, and he should go to a real team.

I have to admit I saw the injury coming. People kept raving to me about Bengals drafting Burrow, and then how good he looked playing. All along I said I hope he doesn't get injured, Bengals have No Blocking. They have had No Blocking for years. Then the sports announcers were saying how Burrow was getting hit more than any quarterback in NFL each week. Some of those unblocked hits and Burrow barely able to get up. He was taking a beating. Then the hit where he didn't get up. Many see Burrow taking the same non stop hard hits going forward as the Bengals remain a lost cause. Many see this a waste of a good player like Burrow.

So it is a fair question. Should Burrow demand to be traded to another team. Should he refuse to play for the most losing team over the last 30 years. Should he refuse to line up behind no blocking only to get career injured in his first years in NFL. Many in sports say he should refuse to play for the Bengals. So it is a fair question for our Bengals Site. Should Burrow refuse to play for Bengals ?
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
No.
Reply/Quote
Everything I gather is that Burrow is two things that lead me to say no to this.

One, he's a professional. He says the right things, puts in the work, just grinds. I think he'd do the same for any team he was on.

Two, he's a chip-on-the-shoulder guy. He wants to prove people wrong, or prove he's the best. It's even more dramatic to prove that on a team that has never won the biggest game and hasn't even won a playoff game in his lifetime.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 01:49 PM)kevin Wrote: and right away most of you will be angry at such a topic

but away from Bengal Fan Sites, many football fans non Bengal think the worst thing that could have happened to Burrow was Bengals.

On being drafted, I read many saying, " Oh No, not the Bengals, poor Burrow ".  Certainly on getting injured most sports fans and media said, " The Bengals ruined him ". Most sports world consider The Bengals a lost cause and the worst front office in all sports. All they have to do is point to no play-off wins since Paul Brown died going into 1991 season. The Bengals also have more 4 win seasons or less than any NFL team since Paul Brown died. Players and coaches come and go, but Mike Brown and Family are the one constant in losing since Paul Brown died.

The word used by people in sports for Mike Brown Family Bengals is CHEAP.  World media says this, and many ex Bengal players agree that Mike Brown is Cheap.  The saying is, You get what you pay for.  The Bengals have got the longest no play-off win streak in NFL of 30 years.

So there are many in the world sports media and sports fans non Bengals who say Burrow should demand to be traded.  That nothing good will ever come from Burrow on the sorry Bengals, and he should go to a real team.

I have to admit I saw the injury coming.  People kept raving to me about Bengals drafting Burrow, and then how good he looked playing.  All along I said I hope he doesn't get injured, Bengals have No Blocking. They have had No Blocking for years.  Then the sports announcers were saying how Burrow was getting hit more than any quarterback in NFL each week. Some of those unblocked hits and Burrow barely able to get up.  He was taking a beating.  Then the hit where he didn't get up.  Many see Burrow taking the same non stop hard hits going forward as the Bengals remain a lost cause. Many see this a waste of a good player like Burrow.

So it is a fair question. Should Burrow demand to be traded to another team.  Should he refuse to play for the most losing team over the last 30 years. Should he refuse to line up behind no blocking only to get career injured in his first years in NFL.  Many in sports say he should refuse to play for the Bengals. So it is a fair question for our Bengals Site. Should Burrow refuse to play for Bengals ?

A better question is: Should Kevin be suspended for posting idiotic things?

This board is for Bengals fans, not whiney little babies.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say Burrow should "refuse" to play, but he should consider being more cautious based on the effort to acquire OL upgrades.
Think of like a player going into a contract year and not overly risking health for the sake of a few extra yards or whatever.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 01:49 PM)kevin Wrote: and right away most of you will be angry at such a topic

On being drafted, I read many saying, " Oh No, not the Bengals, poor Burrow ".  Certainly on getting injured most sports fans and media said, " The Bengals ruined him ". Most sports world consider The Bengals a lost cause and the worst front office in all sports. All they have to do is point to no play-off wins since Paul Brown died going into 1991 season. The Bengals also have more 4 win seasons or less than any NFL team since Paul Brown died. Players and coaches come and go, but Mike Brown and Family are the one constant in losing since Paul Brown died.

The word used by people in sports for Mike Brown Family Bengals is CHEAP.  World media says this, and many ex Bengal players agree that Mike Brown is Cheap.  The saying is, You get what you pay for.  The Bengals have got the longest no play-off win streak in NFL of 30 years.

So there are many in the world sports media and sports fans non Bengals who say Burrow should demand to be traded.  That nothing good will ever come from Burrow on the sorry Bengals, and he should go to a real team.

I have to admit I saw the injury coming.  People kept raving to me about Bengals drafting Burrow, and then how good he looked playing.  All along I said I hope he doesn't get injured, Bengals have No Blocking. They have had No Blocking for years.  Then the sports announcers were saying how Burrow was getting hit more than any quarterback in NFL each week. Some of those unblocked hits and Burrow barely able to get up.  He was taking a beating.  Then the hit where he didn't get up.  Many see Burrow taking the same non stop hard hits going forward as the Bengals remain a lost cause. Many see this a waste of a good player like Burrow.

So it is a fair question. Should Burrow demand to be traded to another team.  Should he refuse to play for the most losing team over the last 30 years. Should he refuse to line up behind no blocking only to get career injured in his first years in NFL.  Many in sports say he should refuse to play for the Bengals. So it is a fair question for our Bengals Site. Should Burrow refuse to play for Bengals ?

While he had a hell of a college year... I'm not sure he's done enough in the NFL to make such demands.

But as an Ohioian... and potentially a dude that loves a challenge.  I dont think he will come to that.. Now his agent might come negotiation time but burrow himself i dont see it as a character trait.
Reply/Quote

This sounds like a thread that should be in Smack Talk.
Reply/Quote
The title of this thread made me think it was from this time last year.
He hasn’t been here long enough or done enough to demand a trade.
Reply/Quote
All those who told him he should refuse to play for the Bengals because they would ruin him were proven right, and continue to be until we see he'll fully recover and have the same mobility and confidence in a collapsing pocket he had pre injury.

Until then those screaming Bengals would ruin him are right, and no shots at Kevin will change that.

Obviously he won't refuse to play this year, we'll see closer to year 5, but all signs point to he should (have) given what happened to him. And yes, many outside of this board consider him ruined, and that won't change until he plays again and returns to form.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

I have to admit I saw the injury coming.  People kept raving to me about Bengals drafting Burrow, and then how good he looked playing.  All along I said I hope he doesn't get injured, Bengals have No Blocking. They have had No Blocking for years.  Then the sports announcers were saying how Burrow was getting hit more than any quarterback in NFL each week. Some of those unblocked hits and Burrow barely able to get up.  He was taking a beating.  Then the hit where he didn't get up.  Many see Burrow taking the same non stop hard hits going forward as the Bengals remain a lost cause. Many see this a waste of a good player like Burrow.

You must be a sooth. No one saw that possibility. 

To answer your question...i'm not gonna answer a silly question. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Dumb thread and no.

Guess what, I hate the Steelers so I dish them every chance I get. But who cares what I think, I am just a fan of an opposing team.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 01:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: A better question is: Should Kevin be suspended for posting idiotic things?

ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 01:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: A better question is: Should Kevin be suspended for posting idiotic things?

There is a lot of overlap between those two groups lol
Reply/Quote
To the OP: Why insist upon being such a negative vibe merchant, particularly at a time when the team and most importantly, Joe Burrow needs enthusiasm?

The team started a serious rebuild effort last offseason, covid and injuries happened, and then things did go exactly as planned. I've seen or read nothing that makes me believe that the Bengals are going to abandon that rebuilding effort. Joe Burrow is a winner, and seems to have embraced the challenge of raising the Bengals up from despair and mediocrity. I fully expect the team to continue that rebuild effort by focusing on the OL this year, with a combination of Free Agency acquisitions and draft selection. I whole heartedly believe that the team will do what it takes to protect Joe Burrow now, by adding a veteran or two, and for the future by investing in a couple of quality draft picks.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Burrow is a winner. And if there is one thing winners love, it's working for losers.

Nah I kid, Burrow's love for ZT seems to indicate the guy loves losers. Odd, but I guess 2021 is the season John Ross, I mean Zac Taylor makes us eat Crow.

So burrow shouldn't refuse to play here, but I'd hold off on assuming he's going to make our ring of honor or a statue of him will be joining the others we have.
Reply/Quote
This thread should have had one reply only, and it should have looked like this:

Facepalm
Reply/Quote
Kinda think he is making this thread because people argued against drafting Penei Sewell if the bengals bring in a young RT like Williams or Moton.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Injuries happen; in 2005 the Bengals had the best offensive Line they have ever had and Palmer still got hurt. Sometimes shit happens! Anyways Burrow has stated many times he is committed to the franchise.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Is that Burrow leading the charge against Mike Brown?
Reply/Quote