Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should Burrow Refuse To Play For Bengals
(02-04-2021, 10:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is that Burrow leading the charge against Mike Brown?

HEY NOW!  They're not saying, "boo", they're saying, "boo-Rown."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2R01k4SXI
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 04:33 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: HEY NOW!  They're not saying, "boo", they're saying, "boo-Rown."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2R01k4SXI

This is why the +rep system was invented. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 01:49 PM)kevin Wrote: and right away most of you will be angry at such a topic

but away from Bengal Fan Sites, many football fans non Bengal think the worst thing that could have happened to Burrow was Bengals.

On being drafted, I read many saying, " Oh No, not the Bengals, poor Burrow ".  Certainly on getting injured most sports fans and media said, " The Bengals ruined him ". Most sports world consider The Bengals a lost cause and the worst front office in all sports. All they have to do is point to no play-off wins since Paul Brown died going into 1991 season. The Bengals also have more 4 win seasons or less than any NFL team since Paul Brown died. Players and coaches come and go, but Mike Brown and Family are the one constant in losing since Paul Brown died.

The word used by people in sports for Mike Brown Family Bengals is CHEAP.  World media says this, and many ex Bengal players agree that Mike Brown is Cheap.  The saying is, You get what you pay for.  The Bengals have got the longest no play-off win streak in NFL of 30 years.

So there are many in the world sports media and sports fans non Bengals who say Burrow should demand to be traded.  That nothing good will ever come from Burrow on the sorry Bengals, and he should go to a real team.

I have to admit I saw the injury coming.  People kept raving to me about Bengals drafting Burrow, and then how good he looked playing.  All along I said I hope he doesn't get injured, Bengals have No Blocking. They have had No Blocking for years.  Then the sports announcers were saying how Burrow was getting hit more than any quarterback in NFL each week. Some of those unblocked hits and Burrow barely able to get up.  He was taking a beating.  Then the hit where he didn't get up.  Many see Burrow taking the same non stop hard hits going forward as the Bengals remain a lost cause. Many see this a waste of a good player like Burrow.

So it is a fair question. Should Burrow demand to be traded to another team.  Should he refuse to play for the most losing team over the last 30 years. Should he refuse to line up behind no blocking only to get career injured in his first years in NFL.  Many in sports say he should refuse to play for the Bengals. So it is a fair question for our Bengals Site. Should Burrow refuse to play for Bengals ?

You could argue that his situation is worse than that of Carson Palmer, and more recently, DeShawn Watson.  They both (allegedly, for Watson) wanted to leave their teams while under contract by forcing a trade.  So, it isn't without rationale for the Colin Cowherds of the world.

However, from what I know about Burrow.  He is not going to do that.  He is going to stay the course and try to win here.  I believe he will win here.  Win it all.  Maybe I am the minority, but it doesn't really matter what I think or anyone other than Joe himself.  I am not trying to play mind reader, but part of what makes him who he has become is his ability to overcome adversity.  His college career sure didn't go smoothly, but look where he ended up.  

The past two years have been hard to watch as a Bengals fan, no doubt.  The best moment was made with our 3rd string QB.  But, don't forget that week 1 rectal exam without lube by the officials.  That should have been a better start for the team in 2020.  No matter, as it is all a part of what led us to this point.  They have the #5 pick in the draft and if they are able to sign a FA RT (always giggle when I type that...like I could see the headline of they sign Moton:  FA RT!!!) and go in to the draft wide open to trades, etc, then this team could be poised to surprise a lot of people.  Remember, Mahommes didn't even play his rookie season.  Burrow has a lot of experience and was showing signs of speeding up his progressions to cater to the poor offensive line play.  All within a shortened (due to injury) rookie season with no preseason games.  

He could refuse to play for the Bengals.  Some would argue that he should, but he won't.  It is a simple as that.  
Reply/Quote
That's a clown question bro !
Aside your feeding off of talking head and opponents social media traffic, what about Burrows character or statements would give you that idea ?
I hear Steeler fans say what you state. That's because they're concerned about they're own QB situation with an aging Ben due 41 million this season.
Remember, KC didn't win the Super Bowl till they just won their first.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 12:15 PM)John Shaft Wrote: That's a clown question bro !
Aside your feeding off of talking head and opponents social media traffic, what about Burrows character or statements would give you that idea ?
I hear Steeler fans say what you state. That's because they're concerned about they're own QB situation with an aging Ben due 41 million this season.
It is a fair question.  A question Boomer Esiason or Carson Palmer might ask. Certainly fans of LSU Football are asking. If Burrow wants to have long Hall Of Fame career, is the only way to do that to get the heck out of Cincinnati. Is Cincinnati just a fast ticket to a career ending injury in his first years out of college. There are many Joe Burrow Fans who wish he didn't have to go to Cincinnati and what they call a Walmart Offensive Line.

Maybe not on this board, but there are Joe Burrow Fans who wish he would never play another game for Cincinnati, and go to a real team.

I do like the name John Shaft. A complicated man and no one understands him like his woman ..They try to do remakes of that movie, but the star of that movie was the music of Issac Hayes winning an Oscar. The remakes can't do better music than that. I do like the name John Shaft you are using. Great movie name, like Rooster Cogburn, another movie where the originals music can't be made any better.

I myself would like to see Joe Burrow play Here, but ONLY if The Bengals intend to build a good team around him. If they plan to go CHEAP, then I hope all good players refuse to play here. It's high time Cincinnati tries to make something of this team, or just quit the NFL all together. Fish or cut bait.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
There are a lot of teams that are "the worst in the game." When the Jets looked like locks for the #1 pick, people were calling them the worst place in the NFL and saying Trevor should return to school or refuse to play for NYJ.

The same talking point hasn't hit the fever pitch for Jacksonville yet, but just 1 year ago they were considered so bad, all their best players forced their way out (Ramsey, Ngokue, Fowler).

You heard talk of the Bengals being the worst in the NFL, obviously.

Houston is now being called the most dysfunctional team in the NFL because of the owner's son Cal McNair and their weird GM/Religious/spiritual leader Jack Easterby.

Atlanta has gotten that same tag because they kept Dan Quinn for too long and Arthur Blank is considered a meddling owner.

Speaking of meddling owners, Washington has had to deal with Dan Snyder mismanaging the team for years now. Just recently, Jay Gruden came out and said they would talk about prospects in the draft, discuss scenarios if this player or that player was there etc ,and then when their pick came up, Dan Snyder would come in from his yacht and make the pick.

And Detroit has long had that tag as well, with notable players like Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders retiring early rather than continue to play with the Lions. And then, obviously, Stafford forcing his way out of the city after trying to win there for 11 years.

Hell, even Tampa Bay and Buffalo were considered bad franchises as early as this past year.

If players only agreed to play for well run franchises, no one could go in the top 5 of any given draft, since most teams in the top 5 are almost always bad teams. There may be an occasion where a good team just has an injury riddled year and ends up in the top 5 but that's not all that common.

Winning heals all wounds in the NFL. With Burrow, we'll win. So we'll soon be regarded as a recovered franchise, even if we know deep down that it isn't true. If we can make the playoffs 5 years in a row with Andy Dalton as QB, we'll definitely win some playoff games with Burrow as our QB.
Reply/Quote
Burrow got pick by a team bereft of talent. But we got a few solid players in that draft and a few in fa. If we repeat that again this year, we should be in better shape.

I mean, it's not like hes a vet who has a right to be upset that things were good, now bad and who knows about the future.

Personally, I think there's only a handful of players who have a legitimate reason to say "I'm not playing unless X changes."

Being a rookie on a rebuilding team, burrow isnt one of those players. Honestly, I didn't even think carlos had a legitimate beef. Just being talented or a veteran doesn't mean you can do whatever you feel like.
Reply/Quote
I have supported the Bengals longer than anyone else on this board.

Burrow need to play out his contract and do his best. Maybe it will al work out. He has a great attitude and a ton of potential

After his first contract, he should get out if Mike Brown continues with his 30 plus year history of pathetic personnel and coaching decisions, doesn't hire more scouts, doesn't upgrade Bengals facilities, etc.

( I'll bet anyone that LSU locker-room facilities, indoor practice field options, medical staff, other resources are superior than the Bengals- which is pathetic).
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 05:17 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I have supported the Bengals longer than anyone else on this board.

Burrow need to play out his contract and do his best. Maybe it will al work out. He has a great attitude and a ton of potential

After his first contract, he should get out if Mike Brown continues with his 30 plus year history of pathetic personnel and coaching decisions, doesn't hire more scouts, doesn't upgrade Bengals facilities, etc.

( I'll bet anyone that LSU locker-room facilities, indoor practice field options, medical staff, other resources are superior than the Bengals- which is pathetic.)

[Image: 46297610.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 01:49 PM)kevin Wrote: and right away most of you will be angry at such a topic

but away from Bengal Fan Sites, many football fans non Bengal think the worst thing that could have happened to Burrow was Bengals.

On being drafted, I read many saying, " Oh No, not the Bengals, poor Burrow ".  Certainly on getting injured most sports fans and media said, " The Bengals ruined him ". Most sports world consider The Bengals a lost cause and the worst front office in all sports. All they have to do is point to no play-off wins since Paul Brown died going into 1991 season. The Bengals also have more 4 win seasons or less than any NFL team since Paul Brown died. Players and coaches come and go, but Mike Brown and Family are the one constant in losing since Paul Brown died.

The word used by people in sports for Mike Brown Family Bengals is CHEAP.  World media says this, and many ex Bengal players agree that Mike Brown is Cheap.  The saying is, You get what you pay for.  The Bengals have got the longest no play-off win streak in NFL of 30 years.

So there are many in the world sports media and sports fans non Bengals who say Burrow should demand to be traded.  That nothing good will ever come from Burrow on the sorry Bengals, and he should go to a real team.

I have to admit I saw the injury coming.  People kept raving to me about Bengals drafting Burrow, and then how good he looked playing.  All along I said I hope he doesn't get injured, Bengals have No Blocking. They have had No Blocking for years.  Then the sports announcers were saying how Burrow was getting hit more than any quarterback in NFL each week. Some of those unblocked hits and Burrow barely able to get up.  He was taking a beating.  Then the hit where he didn't get up.  Many see Burrow taking the same non stop hard hits going forward as the Bengals remain a lost cause. Many see this a waste of a good player like Burrow.

So it is a fair question. Should Burrow demand to be traded to another team.  Should he refuse to play for the most losing team over the last 30 years. Should he refuse to line up behind no blocking only to get career injured in his first years in NFL.  Many in sports say he should refuse to play for the Bengals. So it is a fair question for our Bengals Site. Should Burrow refuse to play for Bengals ?

Does every team that has the No:1 pick have to put up with this bollocks from the media and there own fans or is it just our own fans that think our players should refuse to play?
Did the Browns fans say that Mayfield & Garrett should refuse to play for the team because they were so bad?
Oh and as I have said MANY times on here Mike doesn't run the team any more, maybe you should look into it.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 08:07 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Oh and as I have said MANY times on here Mike doesn't run the team any more, maybe you should look into it.

While Mike Brown has stated that he is handing off duties to Katie, Troy, Paul & Duke, no one on this board knows what the extent of Mike Brown's involvement really is.  I am in a family business as well, similar to Katie's role and I will tell you one thing for sure, when the man at the top makes a decision, that's the way it is.  For better or worse.  He is still the President of the team.

When MB steps down, he will let us know.  I would think until then, he is actively involved in the major decisions involving the Bengals.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 02:22 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: While Mike Brown has stated that he is handing off duties to Katie, Troy, Paul & Duke, no one on this board knows what the extent of Mike Brown's involvement really is.  I am in a family business as well, similar to Katie's role and I will tell you one thing for sure, when the man at the top makes a decision, that's the way it is.  For better or worse.  He is still the President of the team.

When MB steps down, he will let us know.  I would think until then, he is actively involved in the major decisions involving the Bengals.

I think if it was up to Mike, Marvin would still be coaching the team. And it doesn’t get much more major than deciding who the HC is.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 02:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think if it was up to Mike, Marvin would still be coaching the team. And it doesn’t get much more major than deciding who the HC is.

While Katie took on a primary role of hiring Zac Taylor, it was Mike Brown who fired Marvin Lewis.  I think both decisions were made collectively by the Family.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 02:22 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: While Mike Brown has stated that he is handing off duties to Katie, Troy, Paul & Duke, no one on this board knows what the extent of Mike Brown's involvement really is.  I am in a family business as well, similar to Katie's role and I will tell you one thing for sure, when the man at the top makes a decision, that's the way it is.  For better or worse.  He is still the President of the team.

Mike himself said he was just "allowed" to keep the title of President only. He has very little to do in the running of the team.
Katie, Troy & Duke are running this team now and that is why we will see the same kind of activity in FA this year like we did last year
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 03:11 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: While Katie took on a primary role of hiring Zac Taylor, it was Mike Brown who fired Marvin Lewis.  I think both decisions were made collectively by the Family.

Idk, his little statement he recently released was really passive aggressive about having to move on from Marvin. And he specifically mentioned how tough it was when they announced Zac because “Marvin is his friend.”

But yeah I’m sure he had some input.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 12:15 PM)John Shaft Wrote: That's a clown question bro !
COrrect
(02-05-2021, 01:50 PM)kevin Wrote: It is a fair question.  
Incorrect

It's the same dumb ass media driven narrative that had the whole world thinking Burrow would refuse to play for the Bengals if drafted, when every single thing he said and did, said otherwise.  Just because idiot LSU fan can't imagine why Burrow would play for the Bengals and MAKES UP a narrative, doesn't make it real.  You're being a media slut, and believing people who are trying to make something out of nothing.  Stop being a media slut. 
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2021, 03:21 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Mike himself said he was just "allowed" to keep the title of President only. He has very little to do in the running of the team.
Katie, Troy & Duke are running this team now and that is why we will see the same kind of activity in FA this year like we did last year
I understand that it is an exciting thought for us fans that MB has given up some control of the team to others in hopes of improvement and change.

The fact remains that it was Mike Brown who fired Marvin Lewis.  It was also Mike Brown who issued the statement on the future of Zac Taylor after winning just 6 games over 2 years when many called for his firing.

Mike Brown speaks for the Bengals.  When you start to see Katie's name on these statements, you will know Mike Brown is out of the picture and that she speaks for the franchise. 

Until that day comes, I wouldn't assume anything about who is in charge.  Mike Brown "allowed" himself to keep the title of "President".
Reply/Quote

Fans seem to take it personally when a player gets fed up with the Bengals management and coaches. Witness Carson Palmer, Corey Dillon, Carl Pickens, Carlos Dunlap and others. Those players wanted to win and saw the organization's lack of making correct moves and expressed their dissatisfaction to the dismay of fans.

If we re-visit Palmer's urgings to Mike Brown to make some moves at a few positions he felt the team was only a few players away. Mike Brown, of course, knows better than anyone else in the universe and had to make sure that Palmer knew that.

Dunlap was saddled with an inept defensive coaching staff who really have no business in the NFL, same as our head coach.

Corey Dillon was the Bengals long star and simply couldn't win alone with QBs like Akili Smith and others (Neal O'Donnell).

I personally applaud these guys for standing up to the idiocy that is Mike Brown and I don't take a personal affront by their actions. They at least had enough self-respect to voice their legitimate concerns.

I also happen to believe it is possible, after a few more years of ineptitude from the front office and whoever is coaching, that Burrow will simply just sign elsewhere when his contract is up. The team can really only hang onto him for 5 years, then one more year after that with a franchise tag that Burrow simply doesn't have to sign.

All I can say really is that I hope the Bengals front office gets its shit together before that time arrives. Will they? I seriously doubt it as they haven't in quite some time.

ADDITIONALLY: Carson Palmer was said to be unable to win in the playoffs, yet went to Arizona and did just that. Dunlap was labeled a cancer and was done only to go to Seattle and be a model citizen who made an impact. Pickens faded away. Corey Dillon went on to win a Super Bowl. All the while Mike Brown continued his suck ass ways and left the city with 30 years of futility.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 08:07 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Does every team that has the No:1 pick have to put up with this bollocks from the media and there own fans or is it just our own fans that think our players should refuse to play?
Did the Browns fans say that Mayfield & Garrett should refuse to play for the team because they were so bad?
Oh and as I have said MANY times on here Mike doesn't run the team any more, maybe you should look into it.

We at least have it better than Colts and Chargers fans who got to watch a #1 overall pick QB refuse to play for them and then go on to win multiple SBs elsewhere...so there is that.
Reply/Quote
Anyone that thinks Burrow should refuse to play for the Bengals CLEARLY does not think highly of him. You're basically saying that Burrow needs to run and hide like a little cowardly baby when things get tough. "Oh no, the team sucks and i might get hurt! I'm taking my ball and going home until I can play for a team that can GUARANTEE me I won't get hurt." Buncha friggin' Burrow-hating morons masquerading as Bengal fans. Pathetic.

You should be ashamed, kevin. ASHAMED for thinking so poorly of Burrow.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote