Joe
73.17%
30 73.17%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should Mixon get his job back
(12-11-2017, 11:20 PM)grampahol Wrote: Well, where's the accusations of Mixon being responsible for the debacle v Chicago?
SURELY SOMEONE can come up with a reason that a guy who wasn't in the game caused it to happen..
And yes, I called you all Surely!  Wink 

I think it was 50/50 he and Vontaze.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:55 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Ever since Fan in Kettering mentioned the change in blocking scheme both backs have had nice running room. I’d like to see 60/40 Mixon/Gio, or somewhere around there.

Yep, same here. I think Mixon actually was getting a little too many carries and Gio wasn't getting enough.

But it is hard to judge either when they were running behind that passive zone blocking shit.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 01:21 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Go with the hot hand, Gio has the hot hand.

But like someone else said Gio 60% Mixon 40%

They both have the hot hand.

Over Mixon's last game and a half, he had 30 carries for 148 yards (4.93 per carry) and a TD. With 4 catches for 59 yards (14.8 per catch).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They both have the hot hand.

Over Mixon's last game and a half, he had 30 carries for 148 yards (4.93 per carry) and a TD. With 4 catches for 59 yards (14.8 per catch).

Which is especially puzzling that our offense has been in meltdown mode.
Reply/Quote
I think Gio should start so Mixon can get more time to learn by watching. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Which is especially puzzling that our offense has been in meltdown mode.

They scorched the Browns and hung 20 on a great Steelers defense in those games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Gio's YPC has constantly been above Mixon's. I must say I am pleased to see how many thing the Oline has improved. Gio has over 5 YPC in each game where he gets a minimum of 7 carries. Mixon has over 5 YPC 1 in 11 games.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They both have the hot hand.

..and over Gio's last 2 games his numbers are better that those.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:58 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think Gio should start so Mixon can get more time to learn by watching. Mellow

This is where I'm at. IMO a player must earn his carries. Gio has done exactly that, Mixon not so much. But I will freely admit, I more of the "put the performance on the player type and not on other folks" type. Just a sense of personal responsibility instilled in me.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 03:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gio's YPC has constantly been above Mixon's. I must say I am pleased to see how many thing the Oline has improved. Gio has over 5 YPC in each game where he gets a minimum of 7 carries. Mixon has over 5 YPC 1 in 11 games.

More stat twisting. Gio only has 3 games over 7 carries, with 2 of them coming after the line made a clear improvement with Mixon also playing lights out.

Bottom line is both have been outstanding since the Browns game.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is where I'm at. IMO a player must earn his carries. Gio has done exactly that, Mixon not so much. But I will freely admit, I more of the "put the performance on the player type and not on other folks" type. Just a sense of personal responsibility instilled in me.

Translation: You just can't admit you were wrong and the line has played a big role in the recent surge of both backs.   Wink
Reply/Quote
I say Joe. The more experience and development that he gets this year, the more refined he will be in seasons to come.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 03:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and over Gio's last 2 games his numbers are better that those.

Debatable.

Mixon had 34 touches for 207 yards and a TD in less than a game and a half.
Gio had 32 touches for 226 yards and 0 TDs in 2 full games.

Better yards per touch for Gio, but didn't handle the load Mixon did and didn't score, either. I know you value TDs with Hill, so surely you value them here as well.

Looks about equal to me.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 03:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is where I'm at. IMO a player must earn his carries. Gio has done exactly that, Mixon not so much. But I will freely admit, I more of the "put the performance on the player type and not on other folks" type. Just a sense of personal responsibility instilled in me.

So O-lineman are not players and have nothing to do with the RB's success?

Makes no sense.

They are playing about equal right now just like Shake said. Give them carries accordingly.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 03:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I say Joe.  The more experience and development that he gets this year, the more refined he will be in seasons to come.

See, I kinda lean the other way. Ride the hot hand, Gio has basically been on fire. And Mixon is the long term answer !

Get Mixon a decent amount of touches (14) ? per game but lean a little harder on Gio to save Joe for next year and after.
Reply/Quote
It takes a back time to settle into a rhythm. Sometimes when teams try to balance the load, it's like they're stifling someone heating up and forcing someone playing cold. I'd look to alternate their play based off who is heating up that day.

That may mean Mixon gets around 80% of the touches each game for a couple weeks, and then Gio gets 70% for a couple. But not a set 'you're only playing every third down' or 'you're the starter.'

I don't think it has to be in stone, just go with who is making plays that day.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 03:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: See, I kinda lean the other way. Ride the hot hand, Gio has basically been on fire. And Mixon is the long term answer !

Get Mixon a decent amount of touches (14) ? per game but lean a little harder on Gio to save Joe for next year and after.

As the others have mentioned, the "hot hand" is both of them lately.  The difference has been that running lanes have finally been opening, for whomever has the ball in their hands.

If Joe is to be the featured back, going forward, then he needs the experience and the pass pro reps.  We already know exactly what Gio can do, I'm just happy he made the full recovery with his knee.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 03:47 PM)Benton Wrote: It takes a back time to settle into a rhythm. Sometimes when teams try to balance the load, it's like they're stifling someone heating  up and forcing someone playing cold. I'd look to alternate their play based off who is heating up that day.

That may mean Mixon gets around 80% of the touches each game for a couple weeks, and then Gio gets 70% for a couple. But not a set 'you're only playing every third down' or 'you're the starter.'

I don't think it has to be in stone, just go with who is making plays that day.

Agreed

I hated the change backs every 3 plays deal they had going early in the season.
Reply/Quote
I really think they should put that Corey Dillon kid back in.  He really ran hard the last time I seen him play.  Leave to the Bengals too, to sit a guy down once he starts producing.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 03:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: More stat twisting. Gio only has 3 games over 7 carries, with 2 of them coming after the line made a clear improvement with Mixon also playing lights out.

Bottom line is both have been outstanding since the Browns game.

Have zero idea what state I am twisting. Did you want me to make up carries for GIO? I can only use what is provided. And from the stats provided Gio has and is doing a much better job than Joe when allowed to take the bulk of the carries.

(12-12-2017, 03:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Translation: You just can't admit you were wrong and the line has played a big role in the recent surge of both backs.   Wink

Not sure what I am wrong about; as I have said all year the Joe should have to earn the starting role and that Gio has performed better. I think it was someone on these boards that told me Gio only had a higher YPC than Mixon because he doesn't have as many touches and if Gio were to ever have to carry the load his YPC would "drop like a rock".

Yep, silly me cannot admit to being wrong.

Reply/Quote