Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Trading McCarron Be Considered?
Do you think the Bengals should consider trading McCarron? QBs have huge value in this league and if we could swing a good deal I'd be all for it. Broncos just lost Osweiler knowing that they have Super Bowl caliber team if they have a QB. That puts them in a bind they might be willing to overpay to break free of. It's not just Denver though I'm sure there are other teams that have interest in a potential starting QB.

Having a capable backup is nice for a change but considering Andy's lack of injury history (The one time he did get injured having a capable backup wasn't enough anyways.) I don't see the value as high as a team like the Cowboys would.
Reply/Quote
I almost posted this five minutes ago. If there was any time to trade McCarron right now would be it. Trade him to Denver, and get compensated well.

However I think the FO values a good backup which is understandable.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:37 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Do you think the Bengals should consider trading McCarron? QBs have huge value in this league and if we could swing a good deal I'd be all for it. Broncos just lost Osweiler knowing that they have Super Bowl caliber team if they have a QB puts them in a bind they might be willing to overpay to break free of. It's not just Denver though I'm sure there are other teams that have interest in a potential starting QB.

Having a capable backup is nice for a change but considering Andy's lack of injury history (The one time he did get injured having a capable backup wasn't enough anyways.) I don't see the value as high as a team like the Cowboys would.

So I was all for it, until I realized this is the first time Andy has legit qb competition.  Competition brings out the best so I would keep mc carron for a year.  Maybe we haven't seen the best of either....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:37 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Do you think the Bengals should consider trading McCarron? QBs have huge value in this league and if we could swing a good deal I'd be all for it. Broncos just lost Osweiler knowing that they have Super Bowl caliber team if they have a QB. That puts them in a bind they might be willing to overpay to break free of. It's not just Denver though I'm sure there are other teams that have interest in a potential starting QB.

If Denver gets to the point where they're calling us for AJ, I'd definitely listen. Seems like we could get something good for him in return if they get desperate.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Only way I would trade him is for a first round pick. This is a long shot but maybe Denver gets desperate
Reply/Quote
If they could get a first rounder for him, I'd say go for it.

Just ask Dallas how important a capable backup is.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown will get top compensation if the team is approached.

This is his territory and where he is at his best.
Reply/Quote
Yes we should Brock Oswiler just got 72 million dollars for 4 years. Teams do dumb shit for Qbs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:42 PM)nkets Wrote: Only way I would trade him is for a first round pick. This is a long shot but maybe Denver gets desperate

Emmanuel sanders for McCarron
Reply/Quote
This is definitely the time to cash in on that investment. Although I doubt the bengals have any desire too just because they're the bengals and think 2 years of a cheap backup qb is worth more than a high draft pick. Any team that wants him gets the last two cheap years plus the franchise tag in year three so if he works out they'd get a great deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Yes we should Brock Oswiler just got 72 million dollars for 4 years. Teams do dumb shit for Qbs.

Apparently Falcons have $7 mil per year on the table for sanu...teams do dumb shit just to do it. I say ask for 3 first rounders lol never know someone may counter with 2 firsts and think they got a steal.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:48 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote:
Apparently Falcons have $7 mil per year on the table for sanu
...teams do dumb shit just to do it. I say ask for 3 first rounders lol never know someone may counter with 2 firsts and think they got a steal.

Have you seen his passer rating? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:37 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Do you think the Bengals should consider trading McCarron? QBs have huge value in this league and if we could swing a good deal I'd be all for it. Broncos just lost Osweiler knowing that they have Super Bowl caliber team if they have a QB. That puts them in a bind they might be willing to overpay to break free of. It's not just Denver though I'm sure there are other teams that have interest in a potential starting QB.

Only for a significant value.  
Reply/Quote
For pick 31 you would have to trade him. With the departure of our WR's if we had two firsts to get a WR and additional help on the defense it would help us more than a back up QB. Don't get me wrong a backup QB is nice, but in most cases they don't help you win now. We could go get someone like Bryan Hoyer to back Dalton up and add a difference maker this year with pick 31.
Reply/Quote
McCarron threw what should have been the game winning touchdown to become the first QB to win  play-off game since Boomer Esiason......but bonehead plays by many other Bengals gave the game to Steelers in those last seconds of the game. ....You can't blame McCarron for all the bonehead plays in the last seconds of the game.....The Bengals were just determined to be The Bungles, and Johnny Unitas, Peyton Manning and Superman rolled into one QB wasn't going to change that. .......I don't think we get much in a trade for McCarron at this point, so no trade....We need 2 QBs, and if we trade McCarron, all the Andy Haters will want Bengals to run out and draft a top round QB. ....No Trade going into 2016.....but look for one of the 2 leaving here in years to come.  NFL, Not For Long.

McCarron is first QB since Boomer to have us in the lead with less than a minute left in a play-off game.....and I'm still amazed Bengals imploded and gave the game away .....the most knuckle head, bone headed way to lose a game that I've seen in Bengals history from 1968 to now......but McCarron had team in lead, which no QB since Boomer has done. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
CASE KEENUM has a first round tender on him.

Make the call John, for the sake of my happiness.
Reply/Quote
Denver was willing to give Osweiler $16 million. Elway hasn't been cheap while being in Denver.

If there's a 1st rounder in there, absolutely.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Mike Brown will get top compensation if the team is approached.    

This is his territory and where he is at his best.

Highly doubt we hear about all his failures in this respect ever since he turned down 9 draft picks from the Saints in 99 in order to draft Akili.  All we hear about is the Carson deal and pissing off Vance last year.  
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:46 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Emmanuel sanders for McCarron

This is what I was going to say. Need for a need.

If they're desperate enough, we may be able to get E. Sanders + a mid round pick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:56 PM)kevin Wrote: McCarron threw what should have been the game winning touchdown to become the first QB to win  play-off game since Boomer Esiason......but bonehead plays by many other Bengals gave the game to Steelers in those last seconds of the game. ....You can't blame McCarron for all the bonehead plays in the last seconds of the game.....The Bengals were just determined to be The Bungles, and Johnny Unitas, Peyton Manning and Superman rolled into one QB was going to change that. .......I don't think we get much in a trade for McCarron at this point, so no trade....We need 2 QBs, and if we trade McCarron, all the Andy Haters will want Bengals to run out and draft a top round QB. ....No Trade going into 2016.....but look for one of the 2 leaving here in years to come.  NFL, Not For Long.

He did fumble a first round bye though.
Reply/Quote