Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should we push to remove Hip-Hop Concerts?
(07-07-2015, 07:22 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: false equivalence 

Do you care to explain why?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-07-2015, 10:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey don't blame me; blame the guy that got beat up by 40 people.

Typical conservative victim blaming post. Smirk
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Out of curiosity, how many rap concerts occur every year?

I'm going to save you the trouble of looking that up and answer the title of this thread with a "lol? No."
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I have a question. Are we discussing banning rap concerts because it was racial violence or because it was violence?

Follow up: how is the rap involved in this?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-07-2015, 11:43 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Out of curiosity, how many rap concerts occur every year?

I'm going to save you the trouble of looking that up and answer the title of this thread with a "lol? No."

I didn't even use the "lol"

lol
(07-07-2015, 10:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you care to explain why?

Hip hop music is a form of entertainment and has never been a symbol for anything.  It's a false equivalence because they only have insignificantly few things in common, I mean you have to get into the minutia to find them.  

Look up the definition of false equivalence.

This image is much more equivalent.

[Image: emblem-of-the-black-panther-party-of-19665.jpg]

I'm going out on a limb here when I say that I doubt you can find one of these flying at a state house, but I am open to you proving me wrong about it.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(07-07-2015, 11:43 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Out of curiosity, how many rap concerts occur every year?

I agree it would be ignorant to ban something, just becuase of an isolated incident.

(07-07-2015, 11:47 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Hip hop music is a form of entertainment and has never been a symbol for anything.  It's a false equivalence because they only have insignificantly few things in common, I mean you have to get into the minutia to find them.  

Look up the definition of false equivalence.

This image is much more equivalent.

[Image: emblem-of-the-black-panther-party-of-19665.jpg]

I'm going out on a limb here when I say that I doubt you can find one of these flying at a state house, but I am open to you proving me wrong about it.

If you don't think there is a good percentage of Hip-Hop music that promotes, illegal activities, violence, and racisim; then we just disagree.

Not sure what the Black Panthers have to do with the article posted about violence at a concert. What is that definition of False Equivalance again?

It's just the hipocrisy that is amusing.

(07-07-2015, 12:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree it would be ignorant to ban something, just becuase of an isolated incident.

"Isolated incident"

Now I am only interested in the state house as it applies to the flag.  As far as I'm concerned any private citizen can do what they want with that flag.  That being said it is also up to business owners what they do with it as well.

In this free market a business owner can choose to display/sell or not to display/sell the flag and the people have a right to patronize either of those businesses per their own desires on the subject.

If you think about it.  This is a business opportunity.

(07-07-2015, 12:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you don't think there is a good percentage of Hip-Hop music that promotes, illegal activities, violence, and racisim; then we just disagree.

Not sure what the Black Panthers have to do with the article posted about violence at a concert. What is that definition of False Equivalance again?

It's just the hipocrisy that is amusing.

The definition is comparing a form of entertainment to a flag.  Then ignoring the correct comparison of a flag to a flag.  Congrats.

(07-07-2015, 12:47 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: The definition is comparing a form of entertainment to a flag.  Then ignoring the correct comparison of a flag to a flag.  Congrats.

I thought I was comparing something that promotes violence, hatred, and racisim to something that promotes violence, hatred, and racisim; however, now I see that they are not comparable as both are not flags. Thank you for the congratulations.  

(07-07-2015, 12:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought I was comparing something that promotes violence, hatred, and racisim to something that promotes violence, hatred, and racisim; however, now I see that they are not comparable as both are not flags. Thank you for the congratulations.  

You are welcome.  Now you understand that grabbing the minutia of similarities and using it to create an equivalent is the definition of false equivalent.  Given the fact that those flags have multiple historical and time tested similarities as to how they are used creates an equivalent that is not false.  I also note that they don't fly one of those flags on state capital grounds.

Also just for poops and giggles I wonder if they have Hip-Hop (especially racially divisive type) constantly playing at a state capital?  I bet not, but again I am always open to being corrected.

(07-07-2015, 01:09 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Also just for poops and giggles I wonder if they have Hip-Hop (especially racially divisive type) constantly playing at a state capital?  I bet not, but again I am always open to being corrected.

Wow, someone didn't see this crappy movie from 1986!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K50FznebrFc
(07-07-2015, 12:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought I was comparing something that promotes violence, hatred, and racisim to something that promotes violence, hatred, and racisim; however, now I see that they are not comparable as both are not flags. Thank you for the congratulations.  

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/07/06/police-man-injured-in-anti-white-assault/29775635/

Quote:Police backed away Monday from an officer's incident report that described the Saturday night assault on a man near Fountain Square as an "anti-white" crime.

In a police incident report filed at 3 a.m. Sunday, the reporting officer stated the assault that left Christopher McKnight, 27, bloodied and unconscious involved hate or bias. The officer's typed explanation was that the violence was "anti-white."

At a Monday afternoon news conference with other police and city leaders, Capt. Mike Neville said that description was incorrect.

He spoke just minutes after The Enquirer had obtained the incident report and posted a story on its contents.

In an interview later in the afternoon, Neville said categorizing the assault as a hate crime was the opinion of reporting officer Alicia Essert. She drew that conclusion, Neville said, because McKnight was attacked by a group of people from the "opposite race."

It is too early in the investigation to determine whether race motivated the assault, Neville said.

No one has been charged in connection with McKnight's beating, which occurred after a hip-hop concert at Fountain Square.

The incident report states McKnight, of Albany, Indiana, was jumped on and beaten during an "unruly crowd situation stemming from (the) Fountain Square event" around 11:30 p.m. The assault lasted five minutes.

McKnight was walking near Government Square, shortly after police had responded to a group that had been throwing bottles and fireworks at police at Fountain Square, Neville said.

A video posted to Facebook shows McKnight fighting with a group of people outside a parked bus. The fight moves back and forth along Government Square as more people join in and others try to stop it.

A break in the fight gives McKnight time to put on a shoe that he lost during the altercation. After putting on the shoe McKnight stumbles off camera.

He returns a few seconds later with his arms raised in what appears to be a confrontational gesture.

The fight resumes between McKnight and another man. The video shows a bystander enter the fight and push the other man away but McKnight follows them off camera.

Another video posted to Facebook showed McKnight lying on the ground while a group of people surrounded him. The video does not show the assault itself and has since been removed.

McKnight's face was bloodied, and he appeared to be unconscious in the video. His black shirt was pulled up and appeared to have more blood on it.
People surrounding him can be heard laughing in the video.

One person stepped forward and pushed McKnight to his side in a recovery position. Another can be heard telling someone to call 911.
McKnight was taken to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center with minor injuries, according to the police report. He was released from the hospital Sunday.

On Monday, Neville said McKnight suffered a concussion, broken nose and facial injuries.

Seven people were arrested during the incident on Fountain Square. It's unclear if any of the arrests are directly related to McKnight's assault.

Sounds like an aggressive white dude.  Maybe the kind of guy who thinks "hip-hop" promotes " violence, hatred, and racisim" because he doesn't listen to it. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-07-2015, 01:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wow, someone didn't see this crappy movie from 1986!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K50FznebrFc

Netflix here I come.

(07-07-2015, 01:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/07/06/police-man-injured-in-anti-white-assault/29775635/

Sounds like an aggressive white dude.  Maybe the kind of guy who thinks "hip-hop" promotes " violence, hatred, and racisim" because he doesn't listen to it. Mellow

Now someone just has to scour his facebook page for a picture of him looking thuggish to hammer home the point.
(07-07-2015, 01:09 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You are welcome.  Now you understand that grabbing the minutia of similarities and using it to create an equivalent is the definition of false equivalent.  Given the fact that those flags have multiple historical and time tested similarities as to how they are used creates an equivalent that is not false.  I also note that they don't fly one of those flags on state capital grounds.

Also just for poops and giggles I wonder if they have Hip-Hop (especially racially divisive type) constantly playing at a state capital?  I bet not, but again I am always open to being corrected.

Yeah, you kinda brought up the Black Panther Flag. And by your logic the fact that it can be compared to the Confederate Flag proves that you cannot compare the violence, hatred, and racisim that that flag symbolizes to the violence, hatred, and racisim a genre of music promotes. Seems logical.

Also you are the only one that keeps bringing up Captial gounds; I really do know why. Unless you think that place is the only place either can "stand for" violence, hatred, and racisim. 

(07-07-2015, 01:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/07/06/police-man-injured-in-anti-white-assault/29775635/

What in that report leads you to believe he was aggressive? The walking part or the white part?

(07-07-2015, 01:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The fact that folks are looking to remove the symbol while ignoring the cause.

If The Confederate Flag is a symbol of hate and racism, then isn't hip-hop a symbol of violence and racism?  

(07-07-2015, 01:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Also you are the only one that keeps bringing up Captial gounds; I really do know why. Unless you think that place is the only place either can "stand for" violence, hatred, and racisim. 

I must be misunderstanding by what you mean by "remove the symbol".  

(07-07-2015, 01:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Now someone just has to scour his facebook page for a picture of him looking thuggish to hammer home the point.

Wife beater shirt and a copy of a Dukes of Hazzard video at the home and we can begin to press charges against him.