Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shout out to Oline
Pretty much everybody, myself included figured our Oline would struggle in this game.

I don't think Dalton was sacked and really wasn't pressured a lot. The running game had some lanes, good job overall !

I ain't saying it's fixed but I have some hope now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great Game. I was wrong. Getting a new coach definitely does make a difference
Reply/Quote
We did ok but the line still worries me. A lot of run plays, it seemed like we were getting no push at all and often times being driven back.

What was another smart move, though, was the hurry-up offense because it never let them rest and tired them out, making the job easier on our linemen.

I gotta tip my hat to the coaches on that one, intentional or not! (I think it was intentional!)

Andy still had happy feet sometimes, so you know he's worried about it, too.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 02:06 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Great Game.  I was wrong.  Getting a new coach definitely does make a difference

It's still way early but so it seems.
Reply/Quote
It's going to be a week by week thing, but they're good enough right now. Lazor has done a great job designing plays to make the pass rush back off as well. Couple little dump offs to Uzomah off bootlegs etc
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 02:17 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: We did ok but the line still worries me.  A lot of run plays, it seemed like we were getting no push at all and often times being driven back.

What was another smart move, though, was the hurry-up offense because it never let them rest and tired them out, making the job easier on our linemen.

I gotta tip my hat to the coaches on that one, intentional or not!  (I think it was intentional!)

Andy still had happy feet sometimes, so you know he's worried about it, too.
Zero sacks 4 runs a carry. Great job
Reply/Quote
Idc if the run game was spotty ZERO FREAKING DACKS ALLOWED even after Price went down just AMAZING.

Side Note Dre K sucks
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 03:41 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Idc if the run game was spotty ZERO FREAKING DACKS ALLOWED even after Price went down just AMAZING.

Side Note Dre K sucks

Kirkpatrick doesn't suck.  He had a solid game.  Hands of stone yes, but he played well.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I heard something interesting after the Colts game. Apparently Bobby Hart was struggling with the silent count. That actually explains why he was slow off the ball at times and getting beat so bad. I wasn't sure I believed it until you realize he played a much better game last night against a better team. Maybe he can come around a bit as he gets more comfortable with how we do things.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:50 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Pretty much everybody, myself included figured our Oline would struggle in this game.

I don't think Dalton was sacked and really wasn't pressured a lot. The running game had some lanes, good job overall !

I ain't saying it's fixed but I have some hope now.

It is the NFL, great coaching and great players so yes the defenses we play will win battles against us.

But, all we heard from the media and our fans was the right side of OL is horrible, they should be tarred and feathered in their eyes. The OL went against one of the best front 7's in the NFL, they won and they won big. They won when Hopkins replaced Price. They shut down Suggs, some predicted he would get 4 sacks since Hunt got 2.

Fun game and tells us the OL has hope, players can get better, we saw it in 4 days.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 08:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is the NFL, great coaching and great players so yes the defenses we play will win battles against us.

But, all we heard from the media and our fans was the right side of OL is horrible, they should be tarred and feathered in their eyes. The OL went against one of the best front 7's in the NFL, they won and they won big. They won when Hopkins replaced Price. They shut down Suggs, some predicted he would get 4 sacks since Hunt got 2.

Fun game and tells us the OL has hope, players can get better, we saw it in 4 days.

Yep.

I'm sure the Oline isn't gonna sweep the all world voting this season but there's hope they can at least be good enough !
Reply/Quote
Listen, our line played AWESOME, with a back up center!

Look around the NFL, over half the teams have O-line issues.........our isn't great but not giving up a sack is a great start.

Frank Pollack has done a tremendous job!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 03:41 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Idc if the run game was spotty ZERO FREAKING DACKS ALLOWED even after Price went down just AMAZING.

Side Note Dre K sucks

He might not be the best each and every game but it's the dumbest comment by far in this thread regarding Dre K last night. Guy played a great game. Blanket coverage on a perfect TD toss, had a terrible PI call on him that should have been a holding call at the worst., made great open field plays, broke up passes, etc.

You obviously have no clue how these guys get graded and just how tough it is to be a CB in this league....Is he a top 5-10 CB? Absolutely not but he had one heck of a game last night......

2 terrible PI calls gave the Ravens 13 points last night and this is a team that put 48 on the board a week ago..
Reply/Quote
The O-Line played great last night. They had a few ups and downs, but comparing last year to this year......night and day. I just hope Price is alright so we can keep some depth along the line. Hopkins played pretty well in his absence though.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 09:27 AM)higgy100 Wrote: He might not be the best each and every game but it's the dumbest comment by far in this thread regarding Dre K last night. Guy played a great game. Blanket coverage on a perfect TD toss, had a terrible PI call on him that should have been a holding call at the worst., made great open field plays, broke up passes, etc.

You obviously have no clue how these guys get graded and just how tough it is to be a CB in this league....Is he a top 5-10 CB? Absolutely not but he had one heck of a game last night......

2 terrible PI calls gave the Ravens 13 points last night
and this is a team that put 48 on the board a week ago..
Spot on!
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 09:27 AM)higgy100 Wrote: He might not be the best each and every game but it's the dumbest comment by far in this thread regarding Dre K last night. Guy played a great game. Blanket coverage on a perfect TD toss, had a terrible PI call on him that should have been a holding call at the worst., made great open field plays, broke up passes, etc.

2 terrible PI calls gave the Ravens 13 points last night and this is a team that put 48 on the board a week ago..

Dre is probably an average to above average #2 CB in this league which is perfectly fine. People have to understand because of Jackson, Dre will get targeted much more often. By simply having a larger sample size he will appear to get beat more but I'd guess his catches allowed compared to times targeted is still pretty good. 
Reply/Quote
The PI call on Kirkpatrick was bullshit. Infuriating really.

You tell me how lightly tugging on the back of a guy's jersey and not slowing him down in the slightest is "interfering" with a play.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 09:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: Dre is probably an average to above average #2 CB in this league which is perfectly fine. People have to understand because of Jackson, Dre will get targeted much more often. By simply having a larger sample size he will appear to get beat more but I'd guess his catches allowed compared to times targeted is still pretty good. 

Good points......He's a very anxious player out there and he'll miss 1-2 tackles a game and usually have a good shot at a pick or two every 2-3 games that he'll drop it but, again,as you mention, he's getting picked on more and in the past he was always good for what seemed like 1-2 big PI calls a game. Cheap PI on him last night by far..He's definitely earning his keep out there..
Reply/Quote
I'm enjoying this season but I'm really imagining all kinds of wonderful things if this team gets a stud RT in the draft or free agency next year.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 09:39 AM)Big Boss Wrote: The PI call on Kirkpatrick was bullshit.  Infuriating really.

You tell me how lightly tugging on the back of a guy's jersey and not slowing him down in the slightest is "interfering" with a play.

Well you cant hold. Explain how you can "lightly tugg" and not hold? 

The bs part is tje ball was thrown out of the back of the endzone and not catchable. 
Reply/Quote