Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simens looks good
I suppose a part of it could be just defenses lacking good film on Siemens.

His performace now is actually bugging me. I could see him avoiding pressure from our D-Line and making Dre Kirkpatrick look silly.
Reply/Quote
Time for the Broncos to charge right down the field and score a TD in response.

Know I am supposed to cheer for NFC teams because it helps the Bengals, but seriously... forget the Panthers. LOL

EDIT: This is the first time in awhile I have watched Kuechly closely and he sure does like to get his first grip on people inside the uniform/shoulder pads, huh? Like 3 or 4 times I have seen him get his first grip on someone by slipping his fingers inside the front of their shoulder pads.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ken Dorsey is Panther's QB coach. Put that in the "You Learn Something New Everyday" file
Reply/Quote
And it looks like the Panthers will squeak out a win based on a VERY ticky tack hands to the face call and a dumb Denver Personal Foul (otherwise it was Intentional Grounding on Scam which would have effectively ended it).

But....they miss the kick! YAY! The team that did not deserve to win does not win!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Denver looks like the same team they were last season without Manning. I'm really not concerned with them
Reply/Quote
Carolina started two rookie CBs right?

Stop the run and we beat the Broncos.
Reply/Quote
I like our chances against Denver. It was noted during the game that they had huge issues getting any defensive push inside which meant Newton had lots of time and their run game was able to work. Could help as our weak point on the OL is right up the middle.
Reply/Quote
His passes were too high or too low, I didn't find he was good at all.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 12:57 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Carolina started two rookie CBs right?

Which I am sure will be really easy with Burfict not there.  (*Sarcasm*)

Also it's not as easy as that. Dre Kirkpatrick also has to cover either Demaryius Thomas or Emmanuel Sanders.

Reply/Quote
I know a lot of you don't like Cam (I understand why, he rubs me the wrong way quite a bit too), but he took 3 hard hits to the head and only one was called.

So much for player safety. What a joke.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 01:26 AM)MentalRage Wrote: I know a lot of you don't like Cam (I understand why, he rubs me the wrong way quite a bit too), but he took 3 hard hits to the head and only one was called.

Don't duck your head when a defender is diving into your chest and you won't get hit in the head.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 01:27 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Don't duck your head when a defender is diving into your chest and you won't get hit in the head.

Let's be honest. If that was Dalton we all would be in an uproar. That's ok, we can agree to disagree on that play. But there was a play where the defender clotheslined Newton in the head as he was throwing. That was blatant.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 01:32 AM)MentalRage Wrote: Let's be honest. If that was Dalton we all would be in an uproar. That's ok, we can agree to disagree on that play. But there was a play where the defender clotheslined Newton in the head as he was throwing. That was blatant.

I doubt it. You shouldn't duck your head when a defender is trying to hit you in the chest. There was no clothesline either.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 01:26 AM)MentalRage Wrote: I know a lot of you don't like Cam (I understand why, he rubs me the wrong way quite a bit too), but he took 3 hard hits to the head and only one was called.

Wasn't one of those three when he was running?

If you're a 250lb running QB who plays in a read option offense and refuses to go down on first contact, you're simply going to get less protection than a 220lb pure pocket QB who goes down from arm tackles and does traditional handoffs.

That's just the reality of things. Heck, RG3 didn't get as much protections when he played because he ran. Ben Roethlisberger refuses to go down easily, so players get a little more leeway on using otherwise "excessive" force to bring down the QB when it's him. 

I do think they missed one call, though, but they also picked up that flag for Olson clearly blocking downfield.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 12:57 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Carolina started two rookie CBs right?

They started 1 rookie CB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 01:36 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I doubt it. You shouldn't duck your head when a defender is trying to hit you in the chest. There was no clothesline either.

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/774103820242526208

Here you go. Watch this and tell me Im wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 01:32 AM)MentalRage Wrote: Let's be honest. If that was Dalton we all would be in an uproar. That's ok, we can agree to disagree on that play. But there was a play where the defender clotheslined Newton in the head as he was throwing. That was blatant.

Dalton is 220lbs, not particularly fast, has never run for 200 yards, has never run a read option offense more than just once or twice as a gimmick, and isn't terribly hard to bring down.

You lose protections other QBs get when you refuse to be tackled and you are a running QB in a read option based running game. This isn't college.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 01:37 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Wasn't one of those three when he was running?

If you're a 250lb running QB who plays in a read option offense and refuses to go down on first contact, you're simply going to get less protection than a 220lb pure pocket QB who goes down from arm tackles and does traditional handoffs.

That's just the reality of things. Heck, RG3 didn't get as much protections when he played because he ran. Ben Roethlisberger refuses to go down easily, so players get a little more leeway on using otherwise "excessive" force to bring down the QB when it's him. 

I do think they missed one call, though, but they also picked up that flag for Olson clearly blocking downfield.

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/774103820242526208

Watch this and tell me they didnt miss a ton of hits. Im not even a Newton fan. I just call it like I see it. If we want to get an uproar about the Gio/Shazier hit and player safety then this should bother us. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 01:39 AM)MentalRage Wrote: https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/774103820242526208

Here you go. Watch this and tell me Im wrong.

The only one that was flagged was an actual flag. The rest weren't. You are wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2016, 01:41 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: The only one that was flagged was an actual flag. The rest weren't. You are wrong.

So now you're allowed to launch headfirst into the quarterback as he is making a throw? Got it. 

Just admit you dont like Cam Newton and we can end our discussion.
Reply/Quote