• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Simms with Burrow Interview
Video 
Some good stuff in here:

[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He didn't know Top Gun - Iceman ? I want a new QB Ninja

No his pic should be in the dictionary beside cool.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
nice to hear a different interview. I love how Joe talked about how important authenticity is for a leader because it highlighted how phony Simms sounded.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Doesn't keep pinky on the lace and I always had all my fingers on the laces........... weird but do all NFL QBs do it that way? Maybe that's why I couldn't throw as well when I got to high school and they taught me a new throwing motion: my grip was off?

His second year playing at a lighter weight should mean that he should be more used to it and even better, especially with a better line!

I love how he's evolving his throwing motion, and it's even working better with his knee injury!

He hasn't seen the original Top Gun?!

[Image: fKGIuTgHjB6l.gif]

Hilarious

That makes me feel old!
Reply/Quote
Before I subject myself to opening that link, how many times does Simms call them the Bangles?
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 01:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Before I subject myself to opening that link, how many times does Simms call them the Bangles?

Too many times.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 01:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Doesn't keep pinky on the lace and I always had all my fingers on the laces........... weird but do all NFL QBs do it that way? Maybe that's why I couldn't throw as well when I got to high school and they taught me a new throwing motion: my grip was off?

His second year playing at a lighter weight should mean that he should be more used to it and even better, especially with a better line!

I love how he's evolving his throwing motion, and it's even working better with his knee injury!

He hasn't seen the original Top Gun?!

[Image: fKGIuTgHjB6l.gif]

Hilarious

That makes me feel old!

I've never played in the nfl but i've thrown plenty of footballs in my day, including regulation nfl footballs and i never put my pinky on the laces. It's alway just touching and i have 10" hands.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 02:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've never played in the nfl but i've thrown plenty of footballs in my day, including regulation nfl footballs and i never put my pinky on the laces. It's alway just touching and i have 10" hands.

I would need a football in my hands to confirm... but memory serves when I throw the only two fingers touching the laces is the middle two.

Pointer and Pinky is off.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 02:36 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I would need a football in my hands to confirm... but memory serves when I throw the only two fingers touching the laces is the middle two.

Yup. Ditto. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Very enjoyable. Thank you for sharing.
Reply/Quote
Love the part about the big moments and how everything just narrows down and he focuses more than ever...

This is why I think we will win not just one SuperBowl with this guy but many. Joe Cool Burrow plays his best in the
biggest moments. Also he will play better and that thumb injury bothered him all the while he came into his own as
he says here. His best game of his career was arguably against the Chiefs to win the Division and his thumb was
bothering him. Honestly blows my mind.

Who knows how good he will be this season...

With a better OL? Completely healthy? Grown into the system? These WR's? A new TE who is a crisper route runner
than Uzo? With the motivation of barely losing in the SuperBowl and desperately wanting to get back to prove he is
the best QB in the NFL?

Gonna be fun times in Bengal land while this guy is here. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 01:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Before I subject myself to opening that link, how many times does Simms call them the Bangles?

Its a Freudian slip of what he's really thinking about

[Image: 9520_original.jpg]

usually his pants are down to his ankles  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 04:32 PM)GodFather Wrote: Its a Freudian slip of what he's really thinking about

Understandable, Susanna Hoff is one of the hottest babes ever in music. MAJOR HIT!!!PervertClapping
Reply/Quote
Good interview.

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 11:35 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Some good stuff in here:

Ok, even though maybe his coaches need to have a Top Gun watch party followed by a private screening of Maverick, every single time I watch and listen to Joe Burrow I come away impressed.

He is such a genuine guy.  Totally agree with what he said about things not needing to be "manufactured", and how he is just comfortable being himself.  So rare these days.  I can't think of any other NFL QB that would wear a Santa Clause hat and a Sponge Bob sweatshirt to a press conference.  And he did it not like he was playing a joke, or a dare, but just Joe being Joe.

His dedication to his mechanics, his body, and his overall desire for continuous improvement is admirable as well. 

He LOOKS like a different guy than he did when he arrived and it is so exciting to think of what year 3 can look like for him and the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 04:32 PM)GodFather Wrote: Its a Freudian slip of what he's really thinking about

At leas tit's better than his father calling them the, "Bingles."
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 02:36 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I would need a football in my hands to confirm... but memory serves when I throw the only two fingers touching the laces is the middle two.

Real men don't grip any laces.
Reply/Quote

I can't stand that either.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 09:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  every single time I watch and listen to Joe Burrow I come away impressed.

A long time ago I accepted the fact that some of my favorite sports figures might not have great personalities or be very intelligent.  So I have never cared a lot how well they interviewed.

Bur that being said it really is nice to have a guy like Joe as the face of the franchise.  Mature. Articulate. Not too serious but not a clown. More than just a cliché generator.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 11:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A long time ago I accepted the fact that some of my favorite sports figures might not have great personalities or be very intelligent.  So I have never cared a lot how well they interviewed.

Bur that being said it really is nice to have a guy like Joe as the face of the franchise.  Mature. Articulate. Not too serious but not a clown. More than just a cliché generator.

There's people out there that just have "IT" he's one of them. Just the right touch of cocky without coming off as an asshat. Swag without being a jackass. Leader without screaming and acting like an idiot. Just being himself, there's gold in that statement.
Reply/Quote