Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since 1995 the Bengals have 173 Wins...
(12-14-2019, 12:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I was born in 1991 so my entire life I have never seen a Bengals playoff win. It's been fun times waiting for it though haha. What a glorious day it will be... if it ever comes Ninja

Now now.  Nobody.  I mean nobody but Bengals fans count playoff victories.

Let's count those you've seen in your life... um...

[Image: tumblr_mcl18sRszG1rgmtx5o2_250.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 09:17 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yep.

The moment you realize you haven't seen the team you watch win in the playoffs for 30 damn years.

Then you have some yahoo telling you that your expectations are unrealistic and you don't have a grasp on reality.

Are we all living in the same dimension? Nervous

Indeed. Being a Bengals fan is essentially dysfunctional by nature.

And there are literally threads with people debating if Zac is the right coach...while the team is 1-12.

The same management is and will continue to be in place that hasn't won a single playoff game in 30 years.

When there was that 5 year run of playoff appearances, there were legit debates on IF Katie was running things. (As if any team would hire her as GM.) Reality is when you give someone 30 tries at something, they'll likely succeed out of luck more than skill at some point. (Think when the Steelers win a Super Bowl that their fanbase debates if Rooney's daughter is calling the shots?)
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:31 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Now now.  Nobody.  I mean nobody but Bengals fans count playoff victories.

Let's count those you've seen in your life... um...

[Image: tumblr_mcl18sRszG1rgmtx5o2_250.gif]

Since March, we're tied for the league lead with playoff victories at 0!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 11:38 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yes it is entirely about not wallowing in negativity.

Unfortunately it's a hard sell about positives in these parts.

So hard, that some posters feel it's necessary to dig deep and call those with skepticism absurd.

You can fuzzy math this stuff to death but the reality is Mike Brown's legacy is not one of success.

It might give us a glimmer of hope that he and his cohorts want to adapt to the modern NFL and not be stuck in their stubborn approach.

Instead we get the same ol' Mikey standing pat until he has to make some kind of change.

Drive this jalopy till the wheels fall off approach.  Not making fixes or adjustments to keep up with others in their division not to mention the whole league.

This team is like nothing else in my life.  Usually you stop using and buying bad products.  Yet my loyalty remains to the brand.

Of course I've stopped going to games and buying merchandise as the reality of how inept this organization is.

Nostalgia from childhood and time invested as a fan have what kept me hanging on.

So that being said there are SOB posters who believe if I harbor bitterness about the ownership that I'm playing "the victim" card.

To them I say you can ignore me and move along or more eloquently put...  PISS OFF !!

Indeed. And the people who complain about the complainers...are still complaining and contributing to the negativity.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. Being a Bengals fan is essentially dysfunctional by nature.

And there are literally threads with people debating if Zac is the right coach...while the team is 1-12.

The same management is and will continue to be in place that hasn't won a single playoff game in 30 years.

When there was that 5 year run of playoff appearances, there were legit debates on IF Katie was running things. (As if any team would hire her as GM.) Reality is when you give someone 30 tries at something, they'll likely succeed out of luck more than skill at some point. (Think when the Steelers win a Super Bowl that their fanbase debates if Rooney's daughter is calling the shots?)

From what we've seen since parting ways with Zimmer, Gruden, Hue, and yes even Marvin.

I'm convinced they'd have to dumb-luck into any kind of success even in the regular season with the current inexperienced personnel input.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 11:38 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yes it is entirely about not wallowing in negativity.

Unfortunately it's a hard sell about positives in these parts.

So hard, that some posters feel it's necessary to dig deep and call those with skepticism absurd.

You can fuzzy math this stuff to death but the reality is Mike Brown's legacy is not one of success.

It might give us a glimmer of hope that he and his cohorts want to adapt to the modern NFL and not be stuck in their stubborn approach.

Instead we get the same ol' Mikey standing pat until he has to make some kind of change.

Drive this jalopy till the wheels fall off approach.  Not making fixes or adjustments to keep up with others in their division not to mention the whole league.

This team is like nothing else in my life.  Usually you stop using and buying bad products.  Yet my loyalty remains to the brand.

Of course I've stopped going to games and buying merchandise as the reality of how inept this organization is.

Nostalgia from childhood and time invested as a fan have what kept me hanging on.

So that being said there are SOB posters who believe if I harbor bitterness about the ownership that I'm playing "the victim" card.

To them I say you can ignore me and move along or more eloquently put...  PISS OFF !!

One would think that IF the Bengals would set their operation up to league standards/averages that they'd atleast have some playoff success and a SB appearance eventually.

Things like hiring a GM. Hiring league average amount of scouts. Using free agency to fill roster holes with higher quality guys.

I mean, if we're going to build through the draft, shouldn't we have more scouts?

Yet - This post usually elicits a reply of 'You don't need more scouts in this day and age with game film on tape.' Yet, other franchises ALL have more. So apparently you do.

But, there are some people who will just side with management.

You nailed it with the poor product comparison. This product is just extremely poor. I mean we're 1-12 this year. 1 win in 13 years...and there are people who think Taylor and Turner are doing a good job? As if 2 injuries destroy a season to the point where you have 1 win.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I was born in 1991 so my entire life I have never seen a Bengals playoff win. It's been fun times waiting for it though haha. What a glorious day it will be... if it ever comes Ninja

And that's just it. 1 playoff game is what we want. We've elevated winning 1 single playoff game to mythical status. Like we need all of these rare circumstances to align to do it.

Yet...EVERY OTHER TEAM in the NFL has won one since we last did. And, all but like 3-4 other teams have won 5+. Some 70%+ of the league has made a Super Bowl appearance too since we last won a playoff game.

Yet here we are hoping for 1 single playoff win.

Yet, playoff wins aren't important apparently.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. And the people who complain about the complainers...are still complaining and contributing to the negativity.

Bengals reality is a truly sad state.

People don't want to accept that, so it pisses on their parade.

If you're skeptical you're just ruining the fun of make believe optimism that The Family+Tobin will get it done.

"If they just sign some____ and draft_____then hire_____and_____is basically a rookie who'll become a star."

Uh... okay.  Fantasy football... for realz.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 10:03 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Other fans don't celebrate being average, or slightly above. 

No one here celebrates it either.  I just bring it up to prove the people wrong who claim we have been the absolute worst team in the league.

Pointing out lies in not nothing like celebrating.  I don't know where you got that idea.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: From what we've seen since parting ways with Zimmer, Gruden, Hue, and yes even Marvin.

I'm convinced they'd have to dumb-luck into any kind of success even in the regular season with the current inexperienced personnel input.

Yeah...I feel like Taylor was a good talker in the interview, but he didn't have the skills or offensive knowledge to back it. He obviously can't build an offense from scratch. He obviously can't adjust on the fly. He obviously struggles to develop players.

Now, lets just hope he improves. But, generally to improve you need people of higher skill level to learn from. He meets with Mike Brown and management every day.

The worst part of Taylor is his terrible feel for playcalling. I don't know that that's something that improves easily. I think you either have a feel or don't.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:47 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Bengals reality is a truly sad state.

People don't want to accept that, so it pisses on their parade.

If you're skeptical you're just ruining the fun of make believe optimism that The Family+Tobin will get it done.

"If they just sign some____ and draft_____then hire_____and_____is basically a rookie who'll become a star."

Uh... okay.  Fantasy football... for realz.

Indeed. It's an ego investment. People don't want to admit that the team they follow or spend time following is a perennial loser. So they shift metrics and zoom in on small things to make them feel better.

1-12 is 1-12. Hey, we're 1-1 over the last 2 weeks!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one here celebrates it either.  I just bring it up to prove the people wrong who claim we have been the absolute worst team in the league.

Pointing out lies in not nothing like celebrating.  I don't know where you got that idea.

Regular season? As this thread points out...we're 26th of 30 teams since 1995 in regular season wins.

Maybe the Bengals can update their slogan: 'We're not the absolute worst team! We're 26th best!'

We are the absolute worst team at winning playoff games over the past 28 years. Do playoff wins matter?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And that's just it. 1 playoff game is what we want. We've elevated winning 1 single playoff game to mythical status. Like we need all of these rare circumstances to align to do it.

Yet...EVERY OTHER TEAM in the NFL has won one since we last did. And, all but like 3-4 other teams have won 5+. Some 70%+ of the league has made a Super Bowl appearance too since we last won a playoff game.

Yet here we are hoping for 1 single playoff win.

Yet, playoff wins aren't important apparently.

Now now.  It's okay to go back to 2015(because it's more current)but not a 30 year span.

Let's flip that and go with the past 4 seasons since...  you know... gotta stay up with the current status of 20 regular season wins.

[Image: th?id=OIP.3uLTe4JaatcE5rsjUPDRZAHaFj&pid...=229&h=173]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:15 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This team has won ZERO playoff games solely under Mike Brown's ownership.

You don't even need fingers to count that shit ya genius.

Of course every fan knows hoiw many playoff games thier own team has won.  No one disputes that.

What I was talking about was measuring how good teams are and ranking them by playoff wins.

Get it now, ya genius?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course every fan knows hoiw many playoff games thier own team has won.  No one disputes that.

What I was talking about was measuring how good teams are and ranking them by playoff wins.

Get it now, ya genius?

Apparently they've never witnessed their team(NFL fans)play a broadcasted game against the Bengals.

It's brought up just about every time they play.

God forbid their team ever play our team in a meaningful game at the end of the season.

They'll do a whole montage on how big of a failure our team is before the game.

Yep.  Bengals fans are the only one who know they have ZERO wins in the playoffs in 30 years.

[Image: th?id=OIP.84Uk_jeJRBhty3ImxPa2DwAAAA&pid...=300&h=300]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And there are literally threads with people debating if Zac is the right coach...while the team is 1-12.

Just like Cowboy fans debated if Jimmy Johnson was the right coach... while his team was 1-15.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 01:13 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Apparently they've never witnessed their team(NFL fans)play a broadcasted game against the Bengals.

It's brought up just about every time they play.

I see it mentioned now that we are a losing team, but not when we were winning.

The fact is that if you stopped any average NFL fan and asked him where his team ranked in playoff wins over the last 20 years he would have no idea.

Even all the fans here who claim playoff victories are the be all and end all could not tell me how many playoff wins other teams in the league have over the last 20 years without looking it up.

When we were going to the playoffs every year there was not a single Lions fan (or any of many other NFL teamas) talking shit to us because they won a playoff game since us.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 01:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like Cowboy fans debated if Jimmy Johnson was the right coach... while his team was 1-15.

Jimmy Johnson inherited a tanking team that was trading veterans for multiple draft picks and playing young players. Like the Dolphins are doing.

The Bengals were in 'win now' mode this season...and they're still in win now mode as is evidence by playing Dalton over Finley.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 01:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Jimmy Johnson inherited a tanking team that was trading veterans for multiple draft picks and playing young players. Like the Dolphins are doing.

The Bengals were in 'win now' mode this season...and they're still in win now mode as is evidence by playing Dalton over Finley.

The talent level they have to work with has nothing to do with the coaching.  Johnsons was coaching to win same as Taylor.  He only started two rookies.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 05:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The talent level they have to work with has nothing to do with the coaching.  Johnsons was coaching to win same as Taylor.  He only started two rookies.

The Cowboys were a 3-13 team the year before Johnson took over. And the Cowboys had a 1500+ yard rusher in 1988 when they were 3-13...Herschel Walker and they traded him before the 1989 season.

So yeah...a 3-13 team trades a 1500 yard rusher...

And, they started Aikman who was a rookie QB in 1989. 3 team win goes to 1 win.

The Bengals on the other hand were a 6 win team the year before. They had a lot of injuries during that 1 win year. And they kept their veteran QB in Dalton. Brought back their key free agents. Didn't dump players for draft picks...even at the deadline.

And 1 win so far.
Reply/Quote