Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since the Bengals last playoff win...
- 23 teams have been to a Super Bowl. 72% of the league
- Every team besides the Browns, Texans and Lions has won at least 4 playoff games
- 11 teams have won at least 11 playoff games
- 26 teams have at least 5 playoff wins, which is how many the Bengals have in their 49 year history
- 13 teams have been to multiple Super Bowls
- 14 teams have won a Super Bowl

Here's the playoff records for all teams from 1991-2015

Patriots: 25-12
Packers: 19-16
Steelers: 18-14
Ravens: 15-8
Broncos: 15-11
Cowboys: 14-10
49ers: 14-11
Colts: 14-15
Seahawks: 12-10
Eagles: 12-13
Giants: 11-7
Panthers: 9-7
Bills: 8-7 (3rd longest streak, at 21 seasons)
Saints: 7-7
Jets: 7-8
Chargers: 7-9
Rams: 6-4
Cardinals: 6-5
Redskins: 6-6
Oilers/Titans: 6-9
Falcons: 6-9
Vikings: 6-13
Raiders: 5-5
Jaguars: 5-6
Buccaneers: 5-6
Dolphins: 5-9
Bears: 4-6
Chiefs: 4-11 (broke a 22 year streak last year)
Texans: 2-3 (both wins over Bengals)
Browns: 1-2 (streak is now at 19 seasons)
Lions: 1-8 (their streak is only 1 year shorter)
Bengals: 0-7 (the streak is now up to 26 seasons)

The only teams to not play in a Super Bowl during this span are:

Jets
Dolphins
Browns
Bengals
Texans
Jaguars
Chiefs
Lions
Vikings
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Is there a sub-forum for "depressing shit"?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 11:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: - 23 teams have been to a Super Bowl. 72% of the league
- Every team besides the Browns, Texans and Lions has won at least 4 playoff games
- 11 teams have won at least 11 playoff games
- 26 teams have at least 5 playoff wins, which is how many the Bengals have in their 49 year history
- 13 teams have been to multiple Super Bowls
- 14 teams have won a Super Bowl

Here's the playoff records for all teams from 1991-2015

Patriots: 25-12
Packers: 19-16
Steelers: 18-14
Ravens: 15-8
Broncos: 15-11
Cowboys: 14-10
49ers: 14-11
Colts: 14-15
Seahawks: 12-10
Eagles: 12-13
Giants: 11-7
Panthers: 9-7
Bills: 8-7 (3rd longest streak, at 21 seasons)
Saints: 7-7
Jets: 7-8
Chargers: 7-9
Rams: 6-4
Cardinals: 6-5
Redskins: 6-6
Oilers/Titans: 6-9
Falcons: 6-9
Vikings: 6-13
Raiders: 5-5
Jaguars: 5-6
Buccaneers: 5-6
Dolphins: 5-9
Bears: 4-6
Chiefs: 4-11 (broke a 22 year streak last year)
Texans: 2-3 (both wins over Bengals)
Browns: 1-2 (streak is now at 19 seasons)
Lions: 1-8 (their streak is only 1 year shorter)
Bengals: 0-7 (the streak is now up to 26 seasons)

The only teams to not play in a Super Bowl during this span are:

Jets
Dolphins
Browns
Bengals
Texans
Jaguars
Chiefs
Lions
Vikings

WOW
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just imagine how much worse we'do be if we foolishly signed big-name free agents. Just look at the Redskins.

Ummm. Wait a second.

Haha
Reply/Quote
In a league of parity, we defy it like no other.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 12:07 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In a league of parity, we defy it like no other.

I'd say the Bengal's march to their own drummer, but really it's more like they mill about while humming to themselves.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
The Reds might win another World Series before the Bengals win another playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 12:38 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Reds might win another World Series before the Bengals win another playoff game.

Hahahaha.... now that's depressing 
Reply/Quote
Who cares? The Browns won a playoff game 18 years ago. Does that mean they are a better franchise than the Bengals?

It is really pathetic how so many people ignore everything good about the Bengals. They claim the 5 straight playoff appearances are meaningless because the post season is all that matters, but then they turn around and act like 2 Super Bowls don't count either. It is like they bend over backwards to try and be as negative as possible
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 04:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Who cares?  The Browns won a playoff game 18 years ago.  Does that mean they are a better franchise than the Bengals?

It is really pathetic how so many people ignore everything good about the Bengals.   They claim the 5 straight playoff appearances are meaningless because the post season is all that matters, but then they turn around and act like 2 Super Bowls don't count either.  It is like they bend over backwards to try and be as negative as possible

Seems like the fans care.  Or, at least they used to.  Hmm

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 04:08 AM)Burma Wrote: Seems like the fans care.  Or, at least they used to.  Hmm

So you think the Browns are abetter franchise than the Bengals because they won a playoff game 18 years ago?

Seriously?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 04:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So you think the Browns are abetter franchise than the Bengals because they won a playoff game 18 years ago?

Seriously?

Oh look! Another cloud!  Yell at it Fred!  Accuse is of spoiling your cheese or some other random thing! You are endlessly amusing.

Reply/Quote
AJ ain't winning no ring here, can't even win a playoff game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 04:14 AM)Burma Wrote: Oh look! Another cloud!  Yell at it Fred!  Accuse is of spoiling your cheese or some other random thing! You are endlessly amusing.

Why did you quote my posts if you are not actually going to address what it said?

And why won't you answer the question I asked you?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 04:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why did you quote my posts if you are not actually going to address what it said?

And why won't you answer the question I asked you?

Lmao.  Are you for real? You quote my post and you toss out a random closed ended question to prove some point not brought up is wrong.  Why would I answer your irrelevant question?  

At first I thought you just enjoyed rhetoric and debate.  Now I am concerned something might actually be wrong with you. You may wish to speak to a physician

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 04:45 AM)Burma Wrote: Lmao.  Are you for real? You quote my post and you toss out a random closed ended question to prove some point not brought up is wrong.  Why would I answer your irrelevant question?  

At first I thought you just enjoyed rhetoric and debate.  Now I am concerned something might actually be wrong with you. You may wish to speak to a physician

Still ignoring his question/ statement. Commenting then hiding behind random words is worse. Why did you even reply? Were you trying to be funny or sarcastic? For what it's worth, Fred actually spoke truth and you go and act silly quoting him with nothing relevant to topic or quote.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 05:29 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote:
Still ignoring his question/ statement. Commenting then hiding behind random words is worse. Why did you even reply? Were you trying to be funny or sarcastic? For what it's worth, Fred actually spoke truth and you go and act silly quoting him with nothing relevant to topic or quote.

For a refresher for you...

)Burma Wrote: Wrote:Seems like the fans care.  Or, at least they used to.  [Image: m0902.gif]

So you think the Browns are abetter franchise than the Bengals because they won a playoff game 18 years ago?

Seriously?

Why don't you show me where i said what Fred claims I think... i'll wait. Go ahead...  So, now that we have that out of the way you can clearly see Fred making shit up, because he's Fred, and that floats his boat.  Now, if i came up to you on the street and out of the blue accused you of a statement/demanded you defend a position of something inane and unrelated to what you were doing would you take it seriously? 

I owe Fred nothing in this situation. So yes I am ignoring his unrelated bull shit attempt to frame an arguement to suit his own narrative. And no, Fred did not in any way  "speak the truth" in his reply, he made tangental statement and demand I refute it. How that is something you don't see is really quite puzzling.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 12:05 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Just imagine how much worse we'do be if we foolishly signed big-name free agents. Just look at the Redskins.

Ummm. Wait a second.

Haha

Heck, there's no need for a big-name FA, we got ML and the boys to coach up our draft picks, which should help us in the following year.  This strategy has been so successful for us.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Just to clarify, the purpose of this thread will be obvious to anyone with a functioning brain who isn't constantly seeking an argument. I wasn't saying "the Bengals are inferior to the Browns because the Browns won 1 playoff game in 1994". Only a complete buffoon would believe that, or someone trying to pick out a weak part of an argument I'm not even trying to make.

No, the point of this thread is to put our playoff streak in perspective. Hopefully for those foolish enough to believe that Bengals fans who have never even witnessed a playoff win are just whiny haters for bringing up a very frustrating and real aspect of the team. One they hope will eventually get better. The idea that I'm happy about the streak is beyond ridiculous. I'm an unpaid moderator on a Bengals chat board for Pete's sake. I love this team and the fact that I have to defend that on here is sad.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 12:38 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Reds might win another World Series before the Bengals win another playoff game.
C'mon now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote