Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirius Interviews
Solly and Todd Haley were breaking down the AFC North this morning. They interviewed Paul Dehner, with focus on the draft. Highlights:

Chase allows Joe to work more empty set (quick winners)

Unsure who was going to play where if they took Sewell

Pitts was very much in the conversation. They didn’t want to be known as the organization that passed on Pitts

Carman immediate plan is in the interior but not ruling out potential move back to OT

Michael Jordan was a huge reason we moved from Turner to Pollack. Team loves MJ’s raw tools

Joe Mixon loves the blocking scheme Pollack employs

Focus on edge was to select players (draft/FA) that are “relentless”. Tired of players taking plays off (looking at you Dunlap).

Hope is Ossai is next Lawson

Solly's thoughts:

Last December was the first time in forever that he saw the Bengals "out physicaled" the Steelers and feels the draft/FA continues that trend.

Thinks the re-sign of Pollack is underrated. Rare to see players so excited about a returning coach.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the recap B!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 11:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Thinks the re-sign of Pollack is underrated. Rare to see players so excited about a returning coach.

what OL besides Price is left from last time he was here? they getting ecited for a new coach? cause they havent worked with him before
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 11:27 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: what OL besides Price is left from last time he was here? they getting ecited for a new coach? cause they havent worked with him before

1. The roster is 53+ guys, not just oline
2. Price, Hopkins are still here
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Great report.

I hope we don't regret passing on Sewell. Hoping I am wrong about that and that my NFL player buddy is wrong about Carman.
Reply/Quote
Nice reporting B!
Reply/Quote
Good OP. Nice info.

Sure sounds like Jordan is not going anywhere based on that interview.

OT: J. Williams, Reiff
OG: Carman, XSF, Spain, Jordan
C: Hopkins, Price

That is 8. Have to think Smith makes the roster. That is 9. If we keep 10, that would mean Fred Johnson, Adeniji, and Hill competing for 1 spot on the 53.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 12:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Good OP. Nice info.

Sure sounds like Jordan is not going anywhere based on that interview.

OT: J. Williams, Reiff
OG: Carman, XSF, Spain, Jordan
C: Hopkins, Price

That is 8. Have to think Smith makes the roster. That is 9. If we keep 10, that would mean Fred Johnson, Adeniji, and Hill competing for 1 spot on the 53.
I think Adeniji would win that spot and Hill to PS. Bye Fred
Reply/Quote
The important thing is MJ should not see the field
This year other than shaking hands with the other team.
Refreshing to see guys at DE now who are willing
To go all out every play and not just when they
Feel like it.
Its time for some realize just because Sewell
Was not drafted doesnt mean the oline was not
Addressed. Last time I check the Bengals
Drafted 3-linemen that played more games than
Sewell and played against higher calibur of
Talent in the trenches
Reply/Quote
Do you know the difference between Dunlap and Lou? Dunlap had at least one good year in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 12:47 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The important thing is MJ should not see the field
This year other than shaking hands with the other team.
Refreshing to see guys at DE now who are willing
To go all out every play and not just when they
Feel like it.
Its time for some realize just because Sewell
Was not drafted doesnt mean the oline was not
Addressed. Last time I check the Bengals
Drafted 3-linemen that played more games than
Sewell and played against higher calibur of
Talent in the trenches

Hey if everyone has faith in Frank Pollack being the miracle worker he is then they should have no problem with Michael Jordan lining up at guard again if needed. 

If Pollack trusts Jordan then the fan base should as well.  The front office evidently loves Jordan.  
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 11:27 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: what OL besides Price is left from last time he was here?  they getting ecited for a new coach? cause they havent worked with him before

Mixon was mentioned by name. Remember Pollack is also run game coordinator

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 11:42 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. The roster is 53+ guys, not just oline
2. Price, Hopkins are still here

Also Uzomah at TE

Reply/Quote
Happy to hear that Pitts was a serious consideration.
It would have been interesting to see if he would have been taken instead of Chase had he been available.

It's a little frustrating to hear the team isn't ready to move on from Jordan after two years or well below average play, but I guess he has just about as much potential as the likes of Hakeem Adeniji and Fred Johnson.

I'd like for Jordan to start getting some C reps to increase his versatility.
He played C in college for his final year, and the Bengals need depth guys who can play multiple spots.

It's interesting they didn't have a definite decision for who would play where if Sewell was the selection.
It kinda makes me think Sewell may have been the third option out of himself, Chase, and Pitts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This is probably Jordan’s last chance so to speak. He obviously is not considered a starter and it sounds like they understand his technique (taught by Turner) is terrible. But they like the raw tools. So if Pollack can’t get him coached then he would be gone.

Me, I want him gone now.

Overall good comments from Dehner - yes they had a problem even predating Zac of defenders taking plays off and in certain player cases (Dunlap and yes Lawson) running themselves out of the pass play with bad angles.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 11:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Joe Mixon loves the blocking scheme Pollack employs

Thinks the re-sign of Pollack is underrated. Rare to see players so excited about a returning coach.

That excites me, especially the Mixon part, because a motivated/excited Mixon means a HUGE year with big plays and just DOMINANCE!

That all, of course, is under the assumption that our line can perform at least at an average level.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 11:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Solly and Todd Haley were breaking down the AFC North this morning. They interviewed Paul Dehner, with focus on the draft. Highlights:

Chase allows Joe to work more empty set (quick winners)

Unsure who was going to play where if they took Sewell

Pitts was very much in the conversation. They didn’t want to be known as the organization that passed on Pitts

Carman immediate plan is in the interior but not ruling out potential move back to OT

Michael Jordan was a huge reason we moved from Turner to Pollack. Team loves MJ’s raw tools

Joe Mixon loves the blocking scheme Pollack employs

Focus on edge was to select players (draft/FA) that are “relentless”. Tired of players taking plays off (looking at you Dunlap).

Hope is Ossai is next Lawson

Solly's thoughts:

Last December was the first time in forever that he saw the Bengals "out physicaled" the Steelers and feels the draft/FA continues that trend.

Thanks for this
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 02:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Happy to hear that Pitts was a serious consideration.
It would have been interesting to see if he would have been taken instead of Chase had he been available.

It's a little frustrating to hear the team isn't ready to move on from Jordan after two years or well below average play, but I guess he has just about as much potential as the likes of Hakeem Adeniji and Fred Johnson.

I'd like for Jordan to start getting some C reps to increase his versatility.
He played C in college for his final year, and the Bengals need depth guys who can play multiple spots.

It's interesting they didn't have a definite decision for who would play where if Sewell was the selection.
It kinda makes me think Sewell may have been the third option out of himself, Chase, and Pitts.

As I interpreted it: They would have still went with Chase; although, many in the building thought Pitts was the better prospect. He suggested there was a "sigh of relief" when ATL took Pitts.

Reply/Quote
I appreciate the recap.

Alrighty posters who know more about football than me. Explain to me how Chase helps with Burrow running the empty set. Obviously, his talent level is important, but what's the Xs & Os behind it?
Reply/Quote
Chase allows them to work more empty sets? Thats all they ran last year was empty sets.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote