Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sit Joe Burrow down
(09-20-2023, 08:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Negative vibe merchant..

If someone who is as consistently incorrect as me say it, it shant come to pass.  Duh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 07:56 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If we sign Higgins we still have 3 years left on Chase even if we let him walk. With his 5th year option we have him 2 more years and we can tag him for one year. Maybe if we sign Higgins to a shorter contract and then tag Chase we can keep both for the next few years. I'm not too sure about anything after that. Maybe if we suck enough this year we can get Marvin Harrison Jr, and we have 2 #1s again. Honestly though, as long as we have a solid #1 and the rest mediocre receivers I think we'll be fine. Unless you're saying Burrow isn't elite and needs more weapons than any QB in the league.

No way I tag him if they decided they can afford his price, you have to get something for him... trade him after next season at the least...
Reply/Quote
Jamar still stressing to anyone who will listen that Joe needs to sit.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 05:38 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Jamar still stressing to anyone who will listen that Joe needs to sit.

Too bad nobody listened before the season and they won’t now. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 09:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ok,

Here's my take on what should happen. We've all seen the results of Joe trying to play being unable and/or afraid of planting and running on that bum calf. His throws have no zip, he can't scramble, it's no good.

Sit him until after the bye week.

We have the Rams on MNF. Why let Donald put Joe in the hospital?

Then the Titans whom aren't a high scoring type of deal. Then the Cardinals and they're not among the who's who in the NFL. Then end up with Seahawks.

Lets try and sneak in a couple wins against this not so great competition, three if we're real lucky. More importantly get Joe healed.

Then make a real run over the last 11 games.

4 game IR works for me,and then you have the bye.Save Joe from himself.Just make the decision to not play on MNF.It would be a disaster.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 12:32 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: 4 game IR works for me,and then you have the bye.Save Joe from himself.Just make the decision to not play on MNF.It would be a disaster.

6 weeks wasn't enough in preseason
Reply/Quote
I think we now need to ask this different. Does Burrow suit up Monday ?

Does Browning start but Burrow available to come in if Browning gets hurt in game. Also a situation I saw as an old time Bengals fan. Jets put in Joe Namath late in game in Cincinnati and he came so close to making comeback to beat Bengals. Many in sports say he did beat Bengals as officials made questionable calls taking touchdowns off the boards. There was no replay back then, and had there been replay, one of those Namath pass touchdowns probably gets overturned and beats Bengals. Might have been 1970. I was there, and Namath had Bengals crowd scared, because when he came off the bench in the 4th quarter, he picked the Bengals apart.

So does Burrow suit up to play if needed.

Now if Burrow doesn't even suit up, then Sinnett just brought back Friday has to suit up. You can't go into a game with just one quarterback. If Browning gets injured, a quarterback has to be suited up to come in. The game gets played to the finish.

So a big question should be does Burrow suit up and come in to play if needed. If no and Burrow is not suited up for game, and is in street close or somewhere else with his leg resting, then Sinnett has to suit up. You can not go into the game with just Browning suited up. If Rams injure Browning, someone has to be suited up, either Burrow or Sinnett.

Of course it could be Burrow starts and Browning is suited up as the back-up as usual. Either Burrow or Sinnett has to suit up Monday and be available to play if needed. You need 2 available quarterbacks, not just one.

Now some might say if Burrow out and Browning gets injured, game is over anyway. Doesn't matter, you have to finish the game. The Buffalo game last year was a fluke, normally you have to finish the game. If no Burrow, then Sinnett suits up.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Even Arizona fans may be looking at the Bengals this morning, as they look ahead, as "not so great" competition...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Sit JB until next season, kinda like Carson, but in reverse. Let him enjoy his $275 million now, and demand the super bowl next season.
Reply/Quote