Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snopes is...
(12-23-2016, 01:07 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dear lord, you suck at this.  

I know, I keep actually answering the thing you write instead of waiting for you tell me I didn't understand what you meant when you wrote it...or just attacking the poster instead of the topic at hand.

Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-23-2016, 01:29 AM)Dill Wrote: That makes sense, B-zona. Why would these guys be checking facts if they didn't have an agenda?

We don't need fact checkers. We just need people to all get on the right side and stop complaining!

I agree that we don't need "official" fact checkers, and that folks need to be able to discern for themselves what is truth or fiction.  However, just as I don't see a need for official fact checkers, those doing so should also be allowed to do so.  Interrupting or limiting anyone's right to say what they want is censorship, a key point of our 1st Amendment right to freedom of speech and press.

Think about it, how fun would SNL be, if all content had to be submitted and approved through a fact checker?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
A lot of he said she said in the article. I'm gonna check Snopes and see who is telling the truth.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-23-2016, 11:26 AM)michaelsean Wrote: A lot of he said she said in the article.  I'm gonna check Snopes and see who is telling the truth.

Hilarious
(12-23-2016, 07:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: I know, I keep actually answering the thing you write instead of waiting for you tell me I didn't understand what you meant when you wrote it...or just attacking the poster instead of the topic at hand.

Sad

No, you absolutely did not.  Full GMDabo mode.
(12-22-2016, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know I always get a chuckle out of those that quote Snopes as a source to discredit something from the internet; as their source is always something from the internet.

I know I always get a chuckle out of those that quote the Bible as a source to discredit other religions; as their source is always the Bible. As we all know, the Bible is the word of the one true God because the Bible clearly states it is the word of the one true God. Furthermore, we all know there is only one true God because the Bible says there is only one true God. Furthermore x 2, we know the God of the Bible is the one true God because the Bible teaches us the God of the Bible is the one true God. Which begs the question, how do we know Mary was a virgin?  Because the Bible says so and it would be another 1,991 years before the advent of The Maury Povich Show.
(12-23-2016, 09:38 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: .

Think about it, how fun would SNL be, if all content had to be submitted and approved through a fact checker?

understandable. The difference is, snl is a comedy show. At the most, its satire. Like the onion. Which is different than a web site posing as a news site to disseminate erroneous info.
(12-23-2016, 01:48 PM)Benton Wrote: understandable. The difference is, snl is a comedy show. At the most, its satire. Like the onion. Which is different than a web site posing as a news site to disseminate erroneous info.

Wait, The Onion isn't real news?
So, Sunset, what source do you use to factcheck?
(12-23-2016, 01:38 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I know I always get a chuckle out of those that quote the Bible as a source to discredit other religions; as their source is always the Bible. As we all know, the Bible is the word of the one true God because the Bible clearly states it is the word of the one true God. Furthermore, we all know there is only one true God because the Bible says there is only one true God. Furthermore x 2, we know the God of the Bible is the one true God because the Bible teaches us the God of the Bible is the one true God. Which begs the question, how do we know Mary was a virgin?  Because the Bible says so and it would be another 1,991 years before the advent of The Maury Povich Show.

It is obvious your heart is conflicted.I hope the light concurs the darkness.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-23-2016, 03:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is obvious your heart is conflicted.I hope the light concurs the darkness.

Bless your heart. 
(12-23-2016, 02:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So, Sunset, what source do you use to factcheck?

That really depends upon what I have question with.  Typically, if I question the validity of a news story, I'll look to see if multiple sources are agreeing on the major premise and primary details.  If I want just the facts without bias or political leanings, I'll look for a source outside the US, like BBC for example.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(12-23-2016, 11:43 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, you absolutely did not.  Full GMDabo mode.

[Image: the-latest-nfl-stadium-mess-or-old-man-y...quality=75]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.