Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Herbert sucks, Gordon sucks..
(12-01-2019, 04:34 PM)J24 Wrote: I've seen a lot of Murray in the second.

Agreed, I just looked at 5 different prospect ranking lists, and they all had him rated anywhere from 17 to 35, all but 1 had him as their 2nd best LB prospect.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 07:56 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm convinced that trading down the is only answer, Sunset.

Dolphins are currently projected to have the 3rd pick, and have THREE first round picks in 2020, two in the second round, and then two picks in both the first and second round of 2021.

Trade down with them and take some of those picks as a king's ransom, and then take Chase Young at 3 if he's available. If he's not, then whomever you like best between Andrew Thomas (OT), Jerry Jeudy (WR), and Kenneth Murray (LB).

There's too many holes on this team to just straight up choose 1st overall. They can use that extra 1st round pick on Tua and stash him for a year while he heals up (Mariota as a 1-year bridge?) and use the extra 2nd round pick or two 2nd round picks on more OL and LBs.

If the Dolphins manage to get the 2nd overall pick, that would be better. A little less return, but then you're guaranteed Chase Young. I would rather have Chase Young AND Tua than just Burrow... or one of Thomas/Jeudy/Murray, Tua, and 1-2 2nd rounder LB/OL.

I can't for the life of me see Mike Brown trading down and passing up another franchise quarterback.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
My ideal situation would be Washington trading up. Swap firsts. Give us Trent William's, then take Burrow.

Or The Giants swap firsts, pick up whatever move down to 2. Then take Burrow

Both teams will want Young, not a QB and will be picking in the top 5 or higher
Reply/Quote
This has been said before but will probably need to be repeated through the entire draft process....

Jalen Hurts is not Lamar Jackson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I don't think Herbert is anywhere in the league of Burrow. He has an arm but watching him last night, if his receivers didn't have 5 steps his throws were not very accurate
Reply/Quote
Burrow looks like a smart quarterback he knows where to go with the ball, but he throws alot of short passes and quick throws. If his first look isnt there he's looking to run. I'm not so sure I'm sold on him. He is no Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Manning, or Brady.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 08:42 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Burrow looks like a smart quarterback he knows where to go with the ball, but he throws alot of short passes and quick throws.

This is false he averages almost 10 yards a pass. Per percentage he throws less screens and shorter passes than every other draftedable QB by large margin.

If you are talking about the Georgia game he is under pressure alot and taking his check down but he has taken shots downfield and has had a couple drops and under threw and over threw one each.

He is having a solid game vs the number 2 defense in college football.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 08:42 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Burrow looks like a smart quarterback he knows where to go with the ball, but he throws alot of short passes and quick throws. If his first look isnt there he's looking to run. I'm not so sure I'm sold on him. He is no Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Manning, or Brady.

LOL, what are you talking about? Dude stays in the pocket all day.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 07:42 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I don't think Herbert is anywhere in the league of Burrow.  He has an arm but watching him last night, if his receivers didn't have 5 steps his throws were not very accurate

I've watched Herbert play a good bit here in last 3 weeks or so. Nothing about him screams good NFL QB to me, nothing.

Burrow is leaps and bounds above him !
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 08:42 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Burrow looks like a smart quarterback he knows where to go with the ball, but he throws alot of short passes and quick throws. If his first look isnt there he's looking to run. I'm not so sure I'm sold on him. He is no Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Manning, or Brady.

Not sure what you were watching.  When I watch Joe, I see a guy that scans the entire field and sometimes waits for his 3rd or 4th option when the coverage is tight.  I don't see the abundance of short throws that you speak of, in fact I've seen him thread the needle between double coverage on balls 25-40 yards down field.  He is an effective runner, but only if he's flushed out of the pocket, or if he sees a lot of green in front of him, due to defenders all being tied up in coverage.

Watching him remain calm under pressure, and dissect the #2 rated defensive unit in the Nation, only further separated Joe Burrow from the rest of this year's QB class.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 09:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've watched Herbert play a good bit here in last 3 weeks or so. Nothing about him screams good NFL QB to me, nothing.

Burrow is leaps and bounds above him !

Herbert will benefit greatly if he goes to a good team with an established QB. He is a guy that I think could be really good if he gets the right setup and time to sit. He has ALL of the physical characteristics you want in a QB.

If he went to a team like Dallas, Green Bay, or the Saints I would feel very optimistic about his career. Even Tampa Bay, I think Ariana could work with him. Somewhere like Miami, I don’t think he works out.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 07:56 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm convinced that trading down the is only answer, Sunset.

Dolphins are currently projected to have the 3rd pick, and have THREE first round picks in 2020, two in the second round, and then two picks in both the first and second round of 2021.

Trade down with them and take some of those picks as a king's ransom, and then take Chase Young at 3 if he's available. If he's not, then whomever you like best between Andrew Thomas (OT), Jerry Jeudy (WR), and Kenneth Murray (LB).

There's too many holes on this team to just straight up choose 1st overall. They can use that extra 1st round pick on Tua and stash him for a year while he heals up (Mariota as a 1-year bridge?) and use the extra 2nd round pick or two 2nd round picks on more OL and LBs.

If the Dolphins manage to get the 2nd overall pick, that would be better. A little less return, but then you're guaranteed Chase Young. I would rather have Chase Young AND Tua than just Burrow... or one of Thomas/Jeudy/Murray, Tua, and 1-2 2nd rounder LB/OL.

Is the world ending in 2021 and no one told me? Why do we need to fill every single need in one draft? You even mention stashing Tua for a year, as if we couldn't do that for Burrow as well while we repair our Oline. 

I'm not sure why you're eager to throw your hat into the oft-injured QB ring when there's a Franchise QB staring you in the face. Just take Burrow and then take some Olinemen and linebackers and then fill the remaining holes in 2021, if necessary. 

Plus, the idea of getting Chase Young and Tua for Burrow sounds amazing but the odds of getting one of those first rounds picks for moving down 1 or 2 slots seems pretty absurd. The Bears traded up from 3 to 2 to take Trubisky and gave up 2 third round picks and a 4th round pick and the NFL draft coverage community considered it an outrageous overpay. But sign me up if they can get a first round pick for moving 1 pick.
Reply/Quote
Burrow kind of reminds me of Steve Young. Herbert reminds me of Joey Harrington.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 04:41 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Burrow kind of reminds me of Steve Young. Herbert reminds me of Joey Harrington.

My comp right now on Herbert is Josh Freeman.
Reply/Quote
PFF has released their breakdownish of Justin Herbert.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-justin-herbert-worth-risk-first-round-2020-nfl-draft

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 04:34 PM)Synric Wrote: PFF has released their breakdownish of Justin Herbert.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-justin-herbert-worth-risk-first-round-2020-nfl-draft

I think their statement that "he's ranked 3rd in downfield yards, when he's in rhythm, but drops to 75th when he's knocked out of rhythm" pretty much sums things up on Justin Herbert.  Those issues will only get exasperated when competing against NFL defenses, as compared to those in the Pac 12.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm still not convinced on Burrow. But I would be more than happy to be wrong.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 06:52 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I'm still not convinced on Burrow. But I would be more than happy to be wrong.

Any particular reason why, or do you just not want the Bengals to go QB with the top pick?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 07:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Any particular reason why, or do you just not want the Bengals to go QB with the top pick?

It's probably just me. I'm just not feeling it the way I feel it for Trevor Lawrence. It's just too bad the earliest Trevor will come out is next year. But this is JMHO.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 03:50 PM)samhain Wrote: If you're taking a QB first overall, it has to be Burrow.  However, that being the case, perhaps another team will fall in love with him and offer a fortune in picks to move up and get him.  I'm for that if it happens.  Our front office is just about the dumbest in the league, so the likely wouldn't be smart enough to know a good deal if it bit them in the ass.  

This is almost why we HAVE to take Burrow. Expecting the FO to do something amazing with the extra pics for trading down is extremely high expectations. Holy Cow, Mike gets excited over comp pics for gods sake. It would not be good at all. Well, at least not for the fans cause I really doubt he cares to achieve anything above an 8-8 team.

Reply/Quote